PDA

View Full Version : 2008 National Jeep Jamboree

harv_the
16-01-08, 08:34 AM
just received an email on the status of the 2008 Jeep Jamboree scheduled to be held in Western Australia on September 25th – 29th 2008.
>>
It is with much regret we announce the cancellation of this event. The decision to cancel this National event has been the subject of considerable discussion within the Jamboree Committee and is based on a number of factors, some of which are discussed below. We trust the timing of this announcement will allow sufficient time for those of you planning to travel from the East Coast to re-schedule your holidays.

Title edited by Wooders - 'cause there IS a Jambo in 2008 :)

Cpage66
16-01-08, 05:59 PM
Some folks already looking at the possibility of having one the same time and dates around Newcastle...

AJ
16-01-08, 07:38 PM
Head over to Ausjeep and make sure you all vote YES for a Jamboree over here on the East Coast!!

casey
20-05-08, 01:38 PM
We just sent in our entry forms and payment for the Jamboree :D
Who else is coming?

http://ozjeepjamboree2008.com/

azasjeep
20-05-08, 03:54 PM
i will be there mate, most likely not doing to many of the set trips but catching up with mates and going off on our own.

sir_camel
20-05-08, 05:33 PM
I am going to be overseas over the jambo weekend. Not much like on my part with jambos!

Jaffas
23-05-08, 06:32 PM
I am planning on going, just have to see how things work out, waiting for life to settle down...

Steve F
23-05-08, 09:53 PM
I'll be there, was talking to Greg Moody last night and it sounds like they've got some great trips planned, having trouble getting 'C' grade runs as most of the tracks they do up there are getting tougher and tougher. Of course they'll get the C grades and everything else though. Looks like it's going to be a great one.

Cheers
Steve

CDKJ
10-07-08, 01:21 PM
By the time the Jambo starts I will be a paid member of SJC ;D, I've filled out my forms for the Jambo and will send off next week when I get the direct deposit details, so after that it's all good. I will also make the next SJC club meeting and bring my membership form then.

So I was wondering if any SJC members are going for one day and if so did anyone want to meet & drive up together. I'm going on the Sat & plan to get up there early.

Wooders
11-07-08, 01:31 PM
My rego paperwork was posted off yesterday ;D

azasjeep
11-07-08, 05:38 PM
i just bought a house yay, now i have to convince cass we can still spare the money to go :)

Steve F
31-07-08, 11:20 AM
Just bumping this up again, finally got my payment in today and almost have the camper ready to go, I am taking the week off before the Jambo to finish it and get the Jeep sorted as well.

Anyway, so who has registered and when are you planning on heading up. Anyone else going Friday morning, I plan to head up early, get a decent camping spot and then head out on a trip in the afternoon.

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
02-08-08, 12:01 AM
Got the confirmation receipt today. But we'll probably head up on Thursday.

sir_camel
06-08-08, 01:41 PM
I can't believe i am not going to a Jamboree 100km from home! Wish i could be there> Will have to go wheeling in the states to make up for it...

Steve F
15-08-08, 01:56 PM
Anyone else??? Need to work out how much room we'll need if we are going to camp as a club :)

I know these so far. Looking like a big spot will be needed.....

Me, Bec, Sean and Abby
Casey and Rebecca
Chris and Pela
Wooders, Mei Mei and Martin
Chris D for a day only
AJ
PureCaboose + 2
Harv
Wade
Daniel
Steve T
Jeep62
Fuad
Mark and Lyn
Wolfe
VIN18U (I think)

Cheers
Steve

AJ
15-08-08, 03:29 PM
At this stage i am still planning to come but I haven't registered yet as I am still waiting on a definate answer from other commitments. But all signs point towards me being able to come, so save me a spot.

PureCaboose
15-08-08, 08:31 PM
I am going, got paid today so will be paying tomorrow :-)

PureCaboose
15-08-08, 08:31 PM
Oh, and I am bringing my 4 kids so I will need some room.

harv_the
18-08-08, 10:54 AM
We will be there!
got an overview of all the trips, looks like good fun!

HYPE
18-08-08, 03:46 PM
should sort payment this Friday so count us as in.

1. HYPE (wade)
2. DJ (Daniel)

azasjeep
18-08-08, 04:02 PM
Still havent registered, not sure if im gonna be able to make it if i do it will probably just be a day trip on saturday or sunday.

Wheels probably wont be here in time and im sure cass will have housework for me to do :(

Jaffas
20-08-08, 08:38 PM
I'm a maybe for a day trip sat or overnight on the Fri/Sat. Depends on work (which is crazy) and another event I have on that weekend... Why does everything have to always be at the same damn!!!

PureCaboose
21-08-08, 02:31 PM
Received my receipt today, so we are going, only taking 2 of the kids though.....

Cpage66
21-08-08, 03:46 PM
What runs and what day are ya'll doing???
Trying to make up my mind and to many choices...

Steve F
21-08-08, 05:17 PM
What runs and what day are ya'll doing???
Trying to make up my mind and to many choices...

Friday C (Afternoon half day), Saturday Stockton, Sunday B (Half day) :)

Although if it's like any other Jeep event I'll be wandering up each morning and asking to change ;)

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
21-08-08, 05:40 PM
Anyone doing Monday morning??

Steve F
21-08-08, 06:13 PM
Anyone doing Monday morning??

I'll still be there but wont be doing a trip, leisurely cooked breakfast and a slow pack up and then take the kids to their swimming lesson in the afternoon :) Gotta love a Jambo so close to home.

Cheers
Steve

casey
21-08-08, 06:44 PM
i have no idea what i put us down for - i remember putting a night trip and one of the harder trips (hey, any excuse to use the winch!) ;)

but like steve, we'll probably be changing depending on the day and the weather etc.. (sigh.. no mud tyres yet)

monday jeeping ftw!

PureCaboose
21-08-08, 09:47 PM
Saturday stockton, sunday B grade, lookouts on monday morning.......working from memory here I left the forms at work.

jeep62
22-08-08, 02:33 PM
will people be able to join the club at the Jamboree?

stevet
23-08-08, 12:15 AM
Sent my forms & dues today 8). Yahoo!!!

Steve F
23-08-08, 12:28 AM
will people be able to join the club at the Jamboree?

That shouldn't be a problem, come along, introduce yourself and pay your club membership fees :)

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
23-08-08, 08:43 PM
Okay...I've got Friday the C with the Night Trip as well, Saturday the Stockton trip, Sunday the "B" and we'll pack up and head home Sunday night as Pela has to be at work early Monday morning.

MRGC
28-08-08, 12:06 AM
Im in for the 2 days (friday and sunday) hopefully the jeep will be ready by then.

Steve F
04-09-08, 09:16 AM
Latest update for those that still haven't decided or paid.

Guys,

After many talks we have decided at this stage not to enforce the late registration fee and come up with a new strategy. So if you still want to come and don't want to pay the late rego fee then here is your chance.

We will accept rego's for the event up until 2 weeks before. so guys please note THE 12th SEPTEMBER IS THE LAST DAY to get your entries in. If you do not make that date then keep your money and you will be able to pay at the gate but there are a few conditions......

Those paying at the gate will not be able to come to the presentation dinner as final numbers have to be given to the catering company 2 weeks in advance hence when the entries stop.

There may be a late fee attached at paying at the gate this we have not finalised yet

Those paying at the gate may not get on the trips they desire as many of the popular trips are already getting quite full so the people that took the time to fill out the trip selector will get their names on the boards before other entrants.

Any person that may have already paid the late entry fee will at this stage have it reimbursed.

We have currently 145 entrants and 300+ people. Heaps of prizes up for grabs and some great activities planned for everybody. Get your entry forms in and see you there!

Also please note my email address is staffee@tpg.com.au

Regards
Jason

Steve F
04-09-08, 09:24 AM
From a show of hands at the club meeting last night and from those that have replied here it looks like we will have around 30 people at Camp SJC :) so around 15 vehicles including a few camper trailers etc. With this being the case does anyone have any room to bring back the club BBQ from Jambo (dropping it off at Mt Colah which is just before the end of the F3 on the way back down to Sydney), I have room to take it up with me as I'm traveling up by myself but wont have room to bring it back as Bec and the kids are joining me on Friday night. It'd be great if we could have a communal BBQ to save on lots of little cookers going etc.

Also, is anyone able to bring a 12V LCD screen bigger than 15" (I'll have my laptop) as we will also try and have some video going in the evenings of the days trips etc, again I can cut it from camera to DVD if needed and show it on the laptop or we can show it on a larger screen if we have one. I'll supply the power.

Cheers
Steve

JPLyn
04-09-08, 10:53 AM
We sent our rego this week - finally! First time the camper will be unpacked since the last jambo!

JPLyn
04-09-08, 10:57 AM
Who's going to Jambo ...

Steve & Bec & the kids
Chris & Pela
Casey & Rebecca
Steve T
Mark & Lyn
Dave Gardiner & Family - is someone having a birthday that weekend?
MRGC
Rupe & Shel and the bub
Prue Caboose

Maggie & the Bear hope to drop by sometime over the weekend

Steve - can you please update this post with those I've missed, thanks :))

Steve F
04-09-08, 10:58 AM
Who's going to Jambo ...

Steve & Bec & the kids
Chris & Pela
Casey & Rebecca
Steve T
Mark & Lyn
Dave Gardiner & Family - is someone having a birthday that weekend?
MRGC
Rupe & Shel and the bub
Prue Caboose

Maggie & the Bear hope to drop by sometime over the weekend

Steve - can you please update this post with those I've missed, thanks :))

See page 1 ;)

I'll copy it here though.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
04-09-08, 11:00 AM
Latest List

Me, Bec, Sean and Abby
Casey and Rebecca
Chris and Pela
Wooders, Mei Mei and Martin
Chris D for a day only
AJ
PureCaboose + 2
Harv
Wade
Daniel
Steve T
Jeep62
Fuad
Mark and Lyn
Wolfe
VIN18U (I think)
Rupe and Shel + bub
Dave G + family

JPLyn
04-09-08, 11:05 AM
We are going to need a seriously big spot!!

sir_camel
04-09-08, 11:26 AM
:( take lots of photos

Wooders
06-09-08, 03:17 AM
:( take lots of photos

I feel for you make - You've definately been jinxed when it comes to jambos ;)

AJ
06-09-08, 10:05 PM
who's heading up friday morning?

Steve F
06-09-08, 10:10 PM
Yep, plan to head up there early so camp SJC can get setup and then head off on a trip in the afternoon. Should be going from Mt Colah around 8:30-9:00ish, I think Chris (Cpage66) and Wolfe might be coming up with me if it isn't too early :)

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
06-09-08, 11:45 PM
I'll have two passengers with me...Syl is going up with us a la' Coffs

AJ
07-09-08, 05:03 PM
Cool, Might have to meet up with you guys and join the convoy ;D

JPLyn
07-09-08, 05:15 PM
Mark and I are going to try and take friday off as well, rather set up in the daylight that in the dark! If we are organised we might see if we can convoy with you.

Steve F
07-09-08, 05:23 PM
All sounds good :) Maybe meet at Maccas at Mt Colah (Coz I know how much Mark and Lyn love Maccas ;) ) Anyway, we'll get something sorted when it gets a little closer and take it from there.

Cheers
Steve

homedg
08-09-08, 01:40 AM
We will be heading up Friday as well.
Now that we have "stuff" sorted we will have some time spare so please let us know if we can do anything to help setup camp.
Dave (homedg)

PS: One teenage son and one 2.5 Y.O. daughter does not leave any spare carrying capacity with a JK.
Happy to entertain other requests.

PureCaboose
08-09-08, 03:19 PM
i have presentation night on the friday night for the fishing club, so I will be up early satruday morning. Hopefully you guys will be able to reserve me a spot (please).

I am also heading back late Sunday night as I have a monday morning meeting that I have been unable to move......

Should be installing my front bar (Rugged Ridge with RRC barwork) and 10k winch (www.tigerz11.com)the saturday before. if anyone wants to come and help on the saturday they are more that welcome.......I can put on a BBQ and I have a case of Tooheys Extra Dry Platinum that I squeeze into the fridge.....

Oh, I live in Gymea which is on the southern side of sydney, about 20 minutes from Menai towards the coast.....

Greg

casey
08-09-08, 05:05 PM
Greg,
I've got some tips on installing that bar with a winch (so you dont do all the unnecessary lifting that i did) i'll send you an email tonight :)

stevet
08-09-08, 06:28 PM
Friday a.m. for me to. 8)

jeepney
08-09-08, 08:29 PM
I'm heading on Friday after lunch. 9 am start not convenient for me.

James Mac

Steve F
13-09-08, 11:51 PM
Ok, for those interested we'll have a bit of a convoy leaving Maccas at Mount Colah on the Friday at 9:00am, gives us enough time to get there, grab some room and setup camp before an afternoon drive :) I'll be at Maccas from 8:30 for some breaky etc, let me know if you intended to convoy along with us.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=lady+st+and+pacific+hwy,+mt+colah,+nsw,+australi a&sll=-33.678202,151.11174&sspn=0.007982,0.016522&ie=UTF8&ll=-33.677426,151.111815&spn=0.007982,0.016522&z=17&layer=c&cbll=-33.678159,151.111811&panoid=0TFXh4Ai9Xbzk9hU8oMveQ

For those coming along camp SJC will have the club BBQ for members use (Friday lunch to Monday breakfast), an awning to keep us dry/shaded and if all goes well some video of the days events to watch while we have a few beers and steaks in the evening :) Should be a good one.

Cheers
Steve

AJ
15-09-08, 02:27 PM
Sounds Good Steve,
We'll see you there probably around 8:30 aswell ;D

wotes
18-09-08, 10:59 AM
"There always have to be one"!!!

Have just confirmed with work that I can get time off. Can't register now though. I'll be there Sat morning and hope there will be some places free. See you all there.

PureCaboose
18-09-08, 11:07 AM
Casey,

Thanks for the info on how to fit/refit/refit/refit the winch to the bar. it will be invaluable when I fit it tonight.

I will be packing my 17" wide screen notebook for DVD viewing and will be bringing by wireless 3G access point for internet access (if we have Optus 3G reception) so we can post up nightly pictures and blerbs for those not fortunate to join us at the Jambo.

Does anyone know where I can get a set of mirror relocation brackets for the JK before the Jambo (for a descent price) as I am thinking of taking the doors off for the day trips.

PureCaboose

Steve F
18-09-08, 11:15 AM
Cool, was also planning on doing some live updates to the site for those that cant make it as well :) Also have Optus 3G so we'll see how it goes reception wise.

Cheers
Steve

JPLyn
18-09-08, 11:23 AM
Odin - Suggest you email the organisers now to see what they can do for you rather than just turning up on the day (registration might be officially closed, but ...) ... it will make it heaps easier for them to know you are coming now ... they will probably be onsite from Wed next week onwards so the sooner you contact them the better. having organised one of these before it not so much fun having people just rock up :) the biggest issue will be the catered dinner on sunday night as they have probably had to give final numbers on that.
Camp SJC will be huge!

stevet
18-09-08, 09:51 PM
Odin,
Email Jason or Bettina at-- staffee@tpg.com.au --
I had no reply for ages as other email address on website changed. You may get lucky ;D

Cpage66
18-09-08, 10:08 PM
We have purchased both a Porta Toilet and a privacy tent to go in the campsite if need be. Pela says its for the girls to "go #1 and #2 and the boys to just go away... ;D"

Bear
19-09-08, 06:39 AM
Greg
Re mirror brackets:- Try 4wd1.com.au I think they are at Castle Hill, but they also have a courier delivery service.

Bear

PureCaboose
19-09-08, 11:43 AM
Yeah, 4wd1 have them for A$200.....they are only AU$50 at Quadratec....and I have issues with 4wd1 that I will be happy to discuss over a beer or two at Jambo.

Going to try SupaCrap Auto on the weekend for a cheap set of mirrors with a metal 'stalk' that I can bend and make fit into the door hinge similar to the Olympic 4x4 ones seen here :

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11047_920X_PG.htm

I fitted the Rugged Ridge bar centre and the RRC front Bar last night, one of the kids has put the mounting bolts for the inch somewhere safe (they were helping when I started and went to bed) so I will have to do the winch over the weekend.

I have a fishing club presentation night to go to on Friday night (the twins are getting an award), so i expect to arrive about 0700 at the show ground. Who will be up waiting to greet me? ;D

Does anyone have a torx driver to remove the doors? I have one for the roof but not one large enough for the doors?

I might make a trip to the yacht and get the porta potti from there as well if people think a 2nd porta-potti would be of use? I don't have a tent so you will have to sit out in the open to use it though :D

1 week to go....

PureCaboose

azasjeep
19-09-08, 01:41 PM
Enjoy jambo peoples, think of me when your on the trails and im at home in the garage fixing both my jeeps.

New beadlocked rims and shocks for the tj

Head gasket, water pump and who knows what else in the xj god i hope the head hjasnt warped at all.

Not happy at all, very sad in fact :(

Steve F
19-09-08, 02:40 PM
The head should be OK, these old cast iron lumps take a lot of heat to warp them. Now if it was an alloy head it'd be different.

Good luck with fixing it up.

Cheers
Steve

HYPE
23-09-08, 03:40 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( i'm out!

due to work commitments and lack of time i won't be making this event... will be looking forward to the reports & pics...

have fun and keep at least two wheels down 8)

Steve F
23-09-08, 05:16 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( i'm out!

due to work commitments and lack of time i won't be making this event... will be looking forward to the reports & pics...

have fun and keep at least two wheels down 8)

You'll just have to watch the SJC Jambo blog with daily updates of vids and pics :) Casey will be posting up the details once it's all ready to go :) Then you'll know what you're missing on an hourly basis if we can take a little time to post to it :)

Cheers
Steve

casey
23-09-08, 05:34 PM
Yes, and provided I can get reception whilst on the tracks, geolocated photos in real time so you can see where we are on Google maps :)

casey
23-09-08, 05:50 PM
JamboBlog! SJC live from the 2008 Jeep Jamboree

http://jamboblog.sydneyjeepclub.com/

I've contacted the usual suspects that want to post on the blog, but if you've been hiding your nerdy tendencies and would like to get involved too, just let me know and I will give you the details on how to post to that site (its as easy as sending an email - in fact that is all it is).

I have posted a link to the JamboBlog on the SJC website homepage, and in my post signature too.

ACJ
23-09-08, 07:42 PM
Can some one save me a spot will be comming up saturday arvo
enough for room for ! jeep + swag
thanks

Cpage66
23-09-08, 09:23 PM
thanks

I haven't wheeled with you in a L-O-N-G time Alan!!

Steve F
23-09-08, 09:41 PM
thanks

Done :)

Cheers
Steve

Jetty
23-09-08, 10:21 PM
Hi guys, i managed to get my late entry application last week during the extension period. because of work commitment, i won't get there till Saturday morning.

Too busy right now to get my tent out and prepare the jeep. We'll just drive there and booked in a nearby accommodation.

I hope to see you guys in the Jambo.

cheers,
jetty

Cpage66
24-09-08, 03:04 AM
And dang good to see you Jetty !!!

stevet
24-09-08, 06:02 AM
%$#@ %$#@ ^%$# off to Westmead Hospital at 6.00a.m. ??????????? think i just broke my right arm at work %$#@ !@#$ %$#@ ::) ::) ::) :'(
Stephen T.

casey
24-09-08, 08:09 AM
oh no - hope your arm is okay steve!

jeepney
24-09-08, 09:08 AM
:( :'( I'm out too. Will undergo operation on Monday at Westmead Private. I'll surely miss the fun and company with you, guys n gals.

I'm registered and paid $140. Anybody you know who are interested to get my place? I'm sure it could be arranged with the organisers to transfer that registration. What do you think, Steve F?

James Mac

Maggie
24-09-08, 09:50 AM
Steve T, sorry about your arm, let us know if we can do anything for you.

James Mac .. hope your op goes OK and a speedy recovery.

Maggie.

JPLyn
24-09-08, 09:58 AM
Steve T I hope you're ok and still make it to jambo!

Steve F - looks like we wont make the convoy in the morning, we've had no time to get stuff ready this week and mark has a lot of snorkles to package up (sooooo glad to have those sold!) and take with us too, so dont wait for us :(

Casey - Great work on Jambolog!!!! very cool :)

ACJ
24-09-08, 10:12 AM
thanks

I haven't wheeled with you in a L-O-N-G time Alan!!

I havn't wheeled at all for such a long time

wotes
24-09-08, 10:40 AM
See you all of you on Saturday morning. Have to be at the gate by 8am to pay fees fot the day. It's going to be an early start. But with excitement levels high it won't be a problem.

Awesome idea with the Jambolog. Can be at home Mon,Tue seeing all the fun i'm missing :'(

PureCaboose
24-09-08, 11:50 AM
I have an ETA of 0700 on Saturday morning, which should give me chance to set up the tent and empty all the crap out of the car before we head out for the day driving.

Can someone make sure you save me a spot, 9x12 foot tent and JK 4 doors worth of space.

Greg

stevet
24-09-08, 01:35 PM
Have fun folk's :'( :( I won't be there ::) awe $!-!iT with the timing.
Hope all goes well on Monday for you James.
Stephen T.

Cpage66
24-09-08, 01:36 PM
%$#@ %$#@ ^%$# off to Westmead Hospital at 6.00a.m. ??????????? think i just broke my right arm at work %$#@ !@#$ %$#@ ::) ::) ::) :'(
Stephen T.

Steve, that AIN'T an excuse to get out of Jambo!!! You'll have to ride with me once we're up there if you did break it!

JPLyn
24-09-08, 01:40 PM
Breaking an arm is no excuse! I'm sure we can rally the troupes to put up ur tent, etc. I guess its the packing of the jeep that could pose an issue ... grab a neighbour? We will miss you!

stevet
24-09-08, 01:44 PM
It's broke, just the ulnar, little b!#$@#d, I need to work on my LMO here at home ::)

homedg
24-09-08, 05:23 PM
:( :'( I'm out too. Will undergo operation on Monday at Westmead Private. I'll surely miss the fun and company with you, guys n gals.

I'm registered and paid $140. Anybody you know who are interested to get my place? I'm sure it could be arranged with the organisers to transfer that registration. What do you think, Steve F?

James Mac

Hey James,
Give me a call on 0418 900 688.
Dave ;) ;)

ACJ
24-09-08, 07:42 PM
I just can't wait wish the weekend would just get here

MRGC
25-09-08, 01:01 AM
Hope you have speedy recovery STeve T, to the rest of you guys that are going to jambo have fun spewn I cant go havent recieved the parts from the states yet and payed for jambo as well, Oh well.

azasjeep
25-09-08, 01:35 PM
Guess what im going yay ;D

got the mother in laws car for the weekend and am going to head down saturday arvo and then tag along on a trip with some of the lads on sunday.

So Glad to be going again.

On another note anyone wanna buy a cheap xj i cant be stuffed fixing it now dirty cherokee hasnt even got the head off yet and i need a new fuel rail as its rusted out from the inside you shoulda seen the crap in it.

I figure the deeper i dig the more needs fixing so its going, so that i can go to jambo :)

Steve F
25-09-08, 01:54 PM
Nice :) I'm sure there will be a spare seat with someone.

Cheers
Steve

stevet
25-09-08, 08:39 PM
::)anyone got a space for a wounded passenger up on Saturday & a return on Sunday arvo? ( Doc's app. in the morning ). Can share fuel & panadeine :D ??? ;D.Will need a tent putta uppera/& downera, shoe lace tie uppera ( can untie them :) ), willing to meet you in strange places :-\ ;) :-X.
Chris C. I want to suss out that new t/case.

Steve F
25-09-08, 10:01 PM
11hrs to go :)

Steve, Bec is coming back on Sunday but it will most likely be the morning as soon as we head out on a trip so I doubt that helps, if it does she can drop you at Hornsby station or something like that.

Cheers
Steve

stevet
25-09-08, 10:27 PM
Just got to get there :)

Cpage66
25-09-08, 10:30 PM
George is buttoning the Jeep up now as I type this...we're cutting it REAL close. Somebody coming up on Saturday get Mr. Taylor please as I want him to suss the new transfer case out as well!!!!

stevet
25-09-08, 10:33 PM
Fuad,
Want to drive mine up there ??? ;) :) 8)

casey
26-09-08, 12:07 AM
See you at Maccas :)

Ok, for those interested we'll have a bit of a convoy leaving Maccas at Mount Colah on the Friday at 9:00am, gives us enough time to get there, grab some room and setup camp before an afternoon drive :) I'll be at Maccas from 8:30 for some breaky etc, let me know if you intended to convoy along with us.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=lady+st+and+pacific+hwy,+mt+colah,+nsw,+australi a&sll=-33.678202,151.11174&sspn=0.007982,0.016522&ie=UTF8&ll=-33.677426,151.111815&spn=0.007982,0.016522&z=17&layer=c&cbll=-33.678159,151.111811&panoid=0TFXh4Ai9Xbzk9hU8oMveQ

For those coming along camp SJC will have the club BBQ for members use (Friday lunch to Monday breakfast), an awning to keep us dry/shaded and if all goes well some video of the days events to watch while we have a few beers and steaks in the evening :) Should be a good one.

Cheers
Steve

homedg
26-09-08, 12:39 AM
Give us a call StephenT,
Looks like we will now be headed up on Sat morning and headed back on Sunday;
And you are obviously welcome to set up your swag in our camper.
Let us know 8)

MRGC
27-09-08, 12:29 PM
Fuad,
Want to drive mine up there ??? ;) :) 8)

Sorry Steve just saw the post and since I new the jeep wasnt going to be ready I had made other plans, sorry once again if I had known earlier I wouldnt say no especailly when I had the day off specifically for the jeep jambo.

JPLyn
29-09-08, 05:22 PM
Great Jamboree, with lots of fun catching up with old friends from the Jeep community tonnes and tonnes of Jeeps!, lots of dust, great weather and a few antics here and there ;) Thanks to all the SJC folks to adding to a great weekend away!

Congrats to Casey and Rebecca for picking up one of the major giveaways (a nice jeep tent and chairs), Steve and Nicolette for sitting on the lucky chairs and winning a jeep gift pack, Rup for his jeep headstand on the trail also grabbing himself a prize and Eddy for some trail antics winning him a gift too!

Today proved to be more eventful than some of the others, but I'll leave others to tell that story! Thanks to Rup, Shel and Jacob for lending a hand to a fellow SJC jeeper in need ;)

Final attendees (I think!!)
Steve F, Bec, Shaun, Abby
Lyn & Mark
Chris, Pela, Cel
Wooders, Mei Mei & Martin
Greg & 2 x kids
Rupe, Shel and Jacob
Casey & Rebecca
AJ and friend
Vince and family
Stuart
Eddy and 2kids
Jetty and Mrs Jetty
Dave (homedg) & family
Alan
Harold and Nicolette
Steve T (broken arm and all)

Visitors ..
Azza, Wotan, Maggie and the Bear,

OK so who did I forget!

What a fantastic turnout of the SJC!!

AJ
29-09-08, 06:34 PM
Can you guess which SJC member won a pair of grab handles after his efforts on the A Grade Trail "Sump Plug"

Here's a Clue :D

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1039&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=6980e93ff9fee56fd5133e9198a0e21f

JPLyn
29-09-08, 06:39 PM
OMG!! That is a great photo ... but OMG! You hear the story, but the photo says it all!

ACJ
29-09-08, 06:44 PM
Thanks to all who made it a great weekend bring on the next one

homedg
29-09-08, 09:22 PM
OMG indeed! :o

Photos and vid rarely show the true story, but I reckon this one must.

Wolfe
30-09-08, 07:31 AM
big, big ,big thanks to the recovery team. Got home fine, copt a bit of flack from the big kids, but great cuddles from my little guy.
the new Jambo 08 tattoo is something to wear with pride [stitches come out friday!]
roll on 2010

VIN18U
30-09-08, 10:12 AM
Thanks everyone for a great weekend,

Special thanks to everyone who help me at camp change my tire.

Thanks to AJ for your help spotting on the A grade trip making it so much eaiser. p.s hope i didnt disapoint with my so well know balancing on two or was it one wheel!!!

Great turn out form SJC, looking forward to the next big meeting. (hopefully a photo/video night) BBQ?????

Good news i might have convienced my girlfriends dad to buy a jeep!!!! He sends his thanks for a great weekend from Queensland.

well i better go TRY and clean the jeep now.

thanks again

Cheers
Vinnie

JPLyn
30-09-08, 02:25 PM
So we had two SJC members doing the balancing act !!

AJ
30-09-08, 03:58 PM
Here's Vince keeping consistent with his crazy angles  :o

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08041.jpg

ACJ
30-09-08, 05:03 PM
Wolfe
what the heck did you do ? :o ::)

Steve F
30-09-08, 05:13 PM
Wolfe
what the heck did you do ? :o ::)

Simple rundown, jumped the fireplace, slipped, cut leg to the bone on the steel drum, burnt arse, burnt hand, burnt jacket, went to hospital to get fixed up.

Also managed to bust his Jeep the same day/afternoon so went home battered and jeep less ;)

Cheers
Steve

ACJ
30-09-08, 06:43 PM
DOH!!!
At least he is alive to tell the tale

Wolfe
30-09-08, 06:54 PM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/j-w_01/Heavy_Metal_Satan_Fingers.jpg

Cpage66
30-09-08, 07:01 PM
hardcore....HARDCORE....HARDCORE!!!!!

AJ
30-09-08, 07:49 PM
here's some random Jambo pics

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08040.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08047.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08058.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08059.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08064.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08068.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08074.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08078.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08080.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08092.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08093.jpg

AJ
30-09-08, 07:51 PM
and more

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08007.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08009.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08016.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08022.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08030.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08035.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08096.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/ajlevings/Jambo08099.jpg

azasjeep
02-10-08, 10:54 AM
Aj you got any pics of pezz winching up the wall

AJ
02-10-08, 09:56 PM
I wish dude, that was sick..... but unfortunately I was too busy being a winch bitch and didn't get the camera out. Didn't somebody have a video camera rolling?

sir_camel
03-10-08, 08:59 AM
Nice effort Rupe and Wolfe! Look forward to hearing stories when i am back in the country!

rupicon
29-11-08, 10:57 PM
great jambo great people much thanks to the cherokee club and every one from sjc that sump plug trail maid the weekend for me and jacob maby not shel ;D you have to LOVE down hill near end overs :o

Steve F
30-11-08, 09:43 AM
great jambo great people much thanks to the cherokee club and every one from sjc that sump plug trail maid the weekend for me and jacob maby not shel ;D you have to LOVE down hill near end overs :o

Good to see you on the forum finally ;)

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
30-11-08, 04:22 PM
Thanks for helping me get home in the family truckster rupi.
All better now!

Wooders
02-12-08, 04:50 PM
Thanks for helping me get home in the family truckster rupi.
All better now!

Home? Last time I checked your XJ was still enjoying the comforts of Morriset :-*

Wolfe
02-12-08, 06:54 PM
I meant Rupert's family truckster, yes mine's still on holidays

rupicon
02-12-08, 08:58 PM
no worrys wolf any time

casey
08-12-08, 01:51 PM
just thought I'd let everyone know that the Dec issue of Overlander 4WD Magazine has a feature on the 2008 Jeep Jambo.