PDA

View Full Version : Recovery hooks for WJ

jeepney
23-01-08, 12:06 AM
I want to install a recovery hook for my WJ and noticed that the holes in the subframe doesn't match with the hook. Is there an original Jeep recovery hook in the market for WJ's considering it has a unitised body (no separate chassis)?

A leading 4wd store recommended installing a front bullbar which has provision for recovery hooks.

Hope you could help me and offer alternate solution.

Cpage66
23-01-08, 04:44 AM
Aren't any single rated recovery hook that I'm aware of (but it's been a few years since I dealt with this issue).
I've got a front bar with some very well used tabs for a recovery hook.

Antz
23-01-08, 05:00 PM
http://www.wjjeeps.com/towhooks.htm

jeepney
24-01-08, 08:42 AM
Thanks Antz. You hit the mark. I found all the info from that website. Just wondering if I could find one in the wreckers locally. Otherwise, I might have to order them from overseas. Cpage66, thanks also for responding to my querry.

I'm a newcomer. Its indeed nice to be in this group of helpful jeep enthusiasts.

Antz
24-01-08, 12:32 PM
As nice a solution as those factory hooks are, it would probably work out simpler are more cost effective to get a bullbar.

Cpage66
24-01-08, 06:34 PM
I may be mistaken, but when mine was new back in '03, no one here had those here. You might be able to get them on Ebay USA now or on Jeeps Unlimited used though.

jeepney
25-01-08, 06:45 PM
Considering my budget and concern with the front looks of my WJ, I think I''ll install those hooks first before replacing the plastic bumper with a bullbar.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

AV8
04-02-08, 02:23 PM
GDay Jeepney,

I bought them new a couple of years ago from L.A. and I also have the rear tow hook. They are still new, haven't touched them because I changed my set up. Let me know if you're interested, I'll try to find the receipts for them.. :)

Cheers

jeepney
06-02-08, 07:41 AM
I'd be interested. Check your email on my querries. Thanks.