View Full Version : Menai Clean-up Sunday 24/02/2008

stevet
29-01-08, 08:43 PM
Menai Clean-up Sunday 24/02/2008.
Hi Folks,
For those wanting to attend the first clean-up for the year:-
Meet-- Gate No.6 Heathcote Road Menai,
Time-- @ 8.30a.m.-- sign in @ 9.00a.m.,
Bring-- Wear decent shoes/boots ( No Thongs ), gloves.Have own recovery gear.Food/drink of choice.Camera!!.
Grade-- "c+"/ with "B" options. There are bi-passes around most of the harder sections.
All drivers wanting to attend MUST pm their intend to attend along with their Rego details by Thursday 24/02/08 so I can obtain prior approval from the 4wd Assoc. to participate at the clean-up to advoid possible hassles with the Police ( Tresspass Laws ). Participation at a Menai Clean-up will give you 12months access rights to attend " Official " clubs runs held there.
Further infro contact--Stephen Taylor- Mob.--(0412)-707903.

Those coming--- Homedog--Dave
Mopar75---Jayson & family
Mrgc--------Fuad + 1
Wolfe------Stuart
SteveF-----Steve
JK Ash-----Ash
-----George
SteveT-----Stephen
-------- ----Eddy G
--Casey & Rebecca

homedg
30-01-08, 11:19 PM
Yep, That's a free day in our diary.
;D;DCount us in Stephen. ;D ;D

Hope we get a good roll up. :P

monsterjeep
31-01-08, 11:00 AM
Sounds good. Count us in as well ;D

VIN18U
31-01-08, 02:21 PM
count me in for sure will be my first trip out there with the new lift kit. interested to see the difference against stock

homedg
31-01-08, 10:24 PM
:D Looks like we might have a good representation from the club to do the right and respectful thing and clean up Menai. :D
;D ;D Will definately be a good fun run post clean up as well. Can't wait. ;D ;D

MRGC
01-02-08, 06:24 PM
I might be joining and my cousin with an XJ, havent been on club run for a while so I will try to make this and will confirm when the date gets near.

Wolfe
04-02-08, 02:21 PM
i'll try ::)

Flatfender
05-02-08, 10:08 AM
Had hoped to be there but from the photo you will see it is looking unlikely. Especially as I am heading off to north Queensland today.
Cheers
Ian W.

VIN18U
07-02-08, 10:15 AM
sorry guys i have a cancel, i cant make it, hopefully will make it to the next one.

stevet
18-02-08, 10:02 PM
Hi Folk's,
At this stage , the clean-up is still on ,but if any more rain hits this week the clean-up will be cancelled so if anyone wants to have a standby run, please post up. I have to go to Menai regardless of the weather as hopefully the NPWS officials will be there to see what happens,( responsible management of tracks so we can continue to use the area for the usage of 4wd clubs, etc ), but I hope it stays on 8).
I will post-up late Thursday the news good :) or sucks ;D.
Still send me your details by Thursday evening if you want to drive on Sunday.
Stephen T.

homedg
19-02-08, 12:55 PM
Lookin' good so far.

Any chance of rain is slight and if so, less than 1mm.

http://www.eldersweather.com.au/local.jsp?lt=aploc&lc=624

Steve F
19-02-08, 07:55 PM
Put me down too as I'll try and make it but wont know until Saturday evening.

Also, please remember that we cannot take visitors to Menai, you need to be a financial member of the club to attend a Menai truip although we can take memberships on the day :)

Cheers
Steve

stevet
20-02-08, 06:46 PM
Looking good for Sunday. 8)
Anymore coming :-\??. Send details by tomorrow evening. ;D

Antz
20-02-08, 07:18 PM
Would like to but Jeep still broken.

stevet
21-02-08, 08:41 PM
Hi Folk's,
The Clean-up at Menai is definitely on for Sunday, ;D so see you there at 8.30a.m.. Entry/ exit is via Gate No.6 only.Remember to bring gloves and wear decent shoes/boots, NO thongs or sandels, you will be asked to leave the clean-up :o :( :-[ until you front with proper shoes/boots. ??? 8).
See you there.
Stephen T.

Flatfender
21-02-08, 08:47 PM
Would love to have made it but still haven't had time to put my engine back together........next time!!!
Cheers
Ian W.

homedg
22-02-08, 04:35 PM
Really looking forward to it.
Stephen, my plates have changed since my last run at Menai. Could you change it to JK J33P.
Thanks
Dave

We'll see you Sunday. ;D

stevet
23-02-08, 12:57 PM
Hi Folk's, Officers from the NPWS will be present on Sunday observing what goes on there so I must stress that all attending need to aware of what, where and how they drive on the day. We are trying to regain access back to the beach area which is now fenced off from the rest of Menai and to ensure our continued access to the rest of the Menai tracks. So see you there tomorrow. 8)
Stephen T.

Steve F
23-02-08, 11:57 PM
Cant make it now :( Off to Brisbane Sunday evening so need to sort some stuff out around the home since I wont be here for another week.

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
24-02-08, 07:53 AM
sorry guys I'm out.

MRGC
24-02-08, 01:51 PM
Sorry couldnt make it, still working on the jeep putting more mods didnt finish til this afternoon.

KJ_Ash
24-02-08, 08:32 PM
Wow guy,
What a day.

A big thanks to everyone for welcoming George and I, we had a ball.

I'll post waht pics I have when I get 5, good luck Jayson with the axels :-X let us know how you get on.

monsterjeep
25-02-08, 12:16 AM
Thanks to everyone for a great day and was good to meet a few new faces. On inspection of my rear diff i snapped the left hand rear axle off at the splines but the air locker centre is fine so its only an axle for now till i get bigger and better diffs. Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Jayson & Bianca

Chook
25-02-08, 08:30 AM
Guys it was fantastic and great to meet all involved on the day. Looking forward to the next meet.
My JK started doing some wacky stuff with the ABS and the ESP when I got home.
Turned it on today and it is fine now....it's a Jeep thing..I suppose.
Jayson good to here it was the axle keep us posted how you go.
Well once again thanks for a fantastic day and we shall meet again.

George (CHOOK)

homedg
25-02-08, 06:33 PM
Well, That's another great day out with the SJC. ;D

SteveT imposed the responsibility of trip leader (my first trip) :o on me which meant:
i) DG Jnr was wrapped that we would get some more scrambler points
ii) I was able to nominate Casey And Rebecca and The Colonel responsible for the trip report, he he ;)
iii) Everyone had to follow me aimlessly around Menai because I don't really know the place. ???
iv) If I got through, then all the lifted, locked and modded BRUTES behind me would eat it up.

It was great to meet some new faces, catch up with some people I knew again, and admire the awesome Jeeps that joined us all today.

It was also great to see that apart from near the roadway there is very little litter left in the area (and believe me, we explored a lot of it!)

Look forward to pics and the trip report, also looking forward to doing it again soon.

KJ_Ash
28-02-08, 01:56 PM
Any pics posted from this trip...?
???
Love to see em.

casey
28-02-08, 02:23 PM
i've got heaps, i'll try and post them up today (and the trip report)

monsterjeep
28-02-08, 03:26 PM
I have heaps as well. When i get a chance i will post some of them up

KJ_Ash
04-03-08, 10:41 PM
OK, I got NO pics of my little beast on this trip so I'm hoping someone can post some soon..... PLEASE?

How did you get on with your axles Jayson...?

monsterjeep
05-03-08, 12:19 AM
Hello Ash

I am sure we got some pics, hopefuly i will get some time at work tomorrow night to post some up.
As for the axle i am still chassing 1 up but i will get 1 sorner or later.
I also bought myself a 81 model fsj so i will be bringing that out soon.
Its an old one but its a v8 with big diffs lol so suits me a bit better.

casey
05-03-08, 11:20 AM
Rebecca and I have been away in Perth for a bit, and I haven't had a chance to get online for a while - here are our pics from the day :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/caseyg/sets/72157604001941709/

jeepthing
05-03-08, 12:22 PM
Great shots! what grade were those tracks? and whos is the lifted jk and the cherokee?

KJ_Ash
06-03-08, 02:40 PM
Yehaa!
Great shots Rebecca, nice work on the pics.

Thanks for posting. :)

Chook
07-03-08, 04:35 PM
Hi Rebecca and Casey.

There are some great pics there guys.
We all had a blast.

Thanks for that.

CHOOK