PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Social Trip

homedg
07-02-08, 09:16 PM
Social events were discussed at the January club meeting.
Please contribute by posting your preferences in the above Poll (You may vote for up to 3 items).

I am also planning a geocaching trip for a bit later in the year. This combines offroading with technology and some physical activity.

If you haven't heard of Geocaching have a look at www.geocaching.com (http://www.geocaching.com) or www.geocaching.com.au (http://www.geocaching.com.au)

Thanks in advance for the input. :D

azasjeep
08-02-08, 06:11 PM
Nothing like a run to a country pub, used to regularly do it with mates from the tickford club to watch the races. But youd have to do some wheeling somewere through the day.

homedg
10-02-08, 12:41 AM
C'Mon SJC members, :o
Only 8 voters at the moment. There must be more than that who get online and have an opinion.
Feel free to vote "OTHER" and say it should just be about wheelin'.
I just wanna know what people want to do! ???

casey
10-02-08, 01:21 PM
under "other" - I would be interested in a day where we could get together and do stuff to our Jeeps - eg: learn some basic repairs/maintenance tips. or if someone was planning to do some mods, such as fit a new front bar, or install a lift. I'd be up for helping out and seeing how it was done.

anyway, i'm interested in knowing more about the hardware. so if anyone is planning on doing some work on their jeeps and wants a hand - give me a yell, i'm keen to help out and learn something about how they're bolted together :)

sir_camel
10-02-08, 01:56 PM
Yea we used to have some wrenching days. One of the wallpapers on the left is of a wrenching day at my place putting in my first lift. With my anti jeep mods policy at the moment though i can't see myself hosting another just yet.

Drive in is always fun. just need a clear night!

azasjeep
10-02-08, 04:40 PM
under "other" - I would be interested in a day where we could get together and do stuff to our Jeeps - eg: learn some basic repairs/maintenance tips. or if someone was planning to do some mods, such as fit a new front bar, or install a lift. I'd be up for helping out and seeing how it was done.

anyway, i'm interested in knowing more about the hardware. so if anyone is planning on doing some work on their jeeps and wants a hand - give me a yell, i'm keen to help out and learn something about how they're bolted together :)

Agree, good call mate. If anyone wants to use my car as a demo and install long arms for me im keen :)

Steve F
10-02-08, 05:25 PM
I'll have one sometime after Easter, just need to clean out the garage and I'm away. Not sure what to do to the Jeep but I'm sure we can think of something. Could do with some new u-joints etc so basic stuff like that might be handy for others to know.

Cheers
Steve

Flatfender
10-02-08, 09:17 PM
Well if anyone is interested in getting to grips with a V8 engine...the 4.7 litre Ford out of my flatfender is in a thousand pieces at the moment. I will have to put it back together again over the next couple of weeks. That's the beauty of working from a home office, I can nip out to the garage when things are slack.
Cheers
Ian W.

jeepney
09-05-08, 09:30 PM
Under "Others", I agree with Casey to have a Wrench Day because I'm a weekend mechanic too. Another, is a get-together for those celebrating their birthday/anniversary of the month.

Steve F
09-05-08, 09:43 PM
Wrenching day is coming, should be in June now once I clean the garage out :) We'll have the club BBQ going etc, should be a good day.

Cheers
Steve