PDA

View Full Version : duel batteries for a wrangler

mike123
19-02-08, 01:39 PM
hello guys and girls, I am trying to find out where i can put another battery for a fridge. I don't really want to take the air box out and we use the seat so i can't fit one in the back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. mike123

Wooders
20-02-08, 08:34 AM
We've played around with the Kilby style (side-by-side) and Mean Green (stacked Gel) neither fitted without major fab work.
However you can fit a small second battery under the brake booster where the LHD battery tray still resides ;)
Unfortunately I don't have a pic of this setup and on my personal TJ I opted for am oversized single battery (nearly twice stock size) - but Gel Cell under the brake booster sounds like your solution.

mike123
20-02-08, 01:13 PM
Thanks wooders I have been looking at that and have found a battery called an odyssey pc925 but are unable to get size details to see if it will fit. The picture makes it look small enough but time will tell. Thanks again.mike.

JPLyn
20-02-08, 02:25 PM
We put second battery in the rear, as the backseat was out, etc ... that doesnt help much .. but believe the 'large battery' options might be worth looking at. When we just had the one battery we'd turn the fridge off at night as it was usually pretty chilly anyway...

ando_13
12-04-08, 11:59 AM
Mike123,
How did you go with getting a second battery in?