PDA

View Full Version : Jeep mechanic in Eastern Suburbs

cherokee04
14-03-08, 12:02 PM
Could anyone recommend a good mechanic that is experienced with Jeep in/near the Eastern Suburbs?

According to the Jeep dealer, my 2004 Cherokee needs the following service:

- Transmission Service $282.00
- Front diff service $144.00
- Rear Diff service $300.00
- Transfer case service $119.00

That totals up to $ 845! I am quite sure that this service could be done for less, but I do want to bring the Jeep to a place where I can be confident that they know what they are doing.

Cheers,

Mark

Steve F
14-03-08, 01:04 PM
Did they say what those services involve, looking at the prices I'd guess it's pretty much just oil changes? If it then any mechanic you trust can do that if you dont want to yourself.

Cheers
Steve

cherokee04
14-03-08, 03:19 PM
It's probably just oil changes. The car has done 80,000 km.

As I have just moved to Australia, I haven't found a mechanic nearby yet. Would you know any in the Paddington area?

Cheers,

Mark

Brent_TJ_EasterSubs
18-03-08, 05:20 PM
If you find someone in the Eastern subs who you can recommend, please post it in here.
Im in the same boat.

Personally, I look forwards to driving my jeep, not modding it/pulling it apart and putting it back together, so I'm looking for a good mech as well. Different horses for different courses IMO, hopefully the folks on this forum wont be snobbish because I'm not interest in doing my own fluid changes...?

Jeep in rushcutters bay just give overpriced, rubbish service. I read a fair few complaints about jeep service before I bought my wrangler, but didnt expect it to be so...apathetic. They just dont give a rats butt really. Damn frustrating when you love your car, to give it to someone who plainly just doesnt give a crap about it to care for it...scary prospect.

Any advice would be really welcome on the mechanic front!

Dave
27-03-08, 04:16 PM
Is Troy still working at ARB Southern at St Peters? I know that he is no longer operating "Jeepers HQ" since the change of ownership, but he should be able to organise a decent service there.

Dave

Wooders
29-03-08, 08:49 PM
No Troy left there a while ago. But the lads at ARB St Pete are doing their best to learn about Jeeps ;)

cherokee04
31-03-08, 01:24 PM
Wooders, do you know if the guys at ARB St Peters already learned how to do a transmission, differential and transfer case service on a Jeep? ;)

azasjeep
31-03-08, 02:45 PM
Why dont ya put ya name down for the wrenching day in may and learn how to do it and share a few drinks with some fellow jeepers :)

But im sure arb southern or any mechanic is capeable opf doing a fluid change, if not they probably should look for a new job

casey
31-03-08, 04:53 PM
yeah, there isn't an awful lot to it... even on those new fangle-dangled-fancy-pants JKs..

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-maintenance-differential-fluid-change-write-up

VIN18U
07-04-08, 04:18 PM
ARB St Peters installed my front and rear lockers and installed my slip yoke elimiator and ive had no problems. They are a good bunch of guys and everytime i drive past or stop in to get something there are always jeeps there. I normally deal with Mark there.

Goodluck!!!

MRGC
07-04-08, 09:23 PM
If you go to ARB st peters try and deal with Karl who is the one that gets his hands dirty, mark doesnt work in the workshop anymore and when he did he is still fixing all the mistakes he did on my mates TJ putting in RE lift kit.
If you go to york motors go in and request for Nick(head mechanic) and tell him that I (Fuad) has sent you and said that you look after him he can reduce the fee.

jeepthing
08-04-08, 04:05 PM
If you go to ARB st peters try and deal with Karl who is the one that gets his hands dirty, mark doesnt work in the workshop anymore and when he did he is still fixing all the mistakes he did on my mates TJ putting in RE lift kit.

2nd that from when i had my suzuki and had a bit of work done by these guys. The tall guy (Peter Andrews?) was the sales guy I trusted, dealt a bit with Karl who was good as well. he even lent me his GPS for a week!

spud
28-05-08, 02:18 PM
the only real jeep expert i no is mick collins who works at arb at wentworthville if he can fix the prob or service it write i dont who can

ACJ
31-05-08, 08:53 PM
the only real jeep expert i no is mick collins who works at arb at wentworthville if he can fix the prob or service it write i dont who can

that times two it's worth the drive