PDA

View Full Version : Watagans? Feedback?

Brent_TJ_EasterSubs
18-03-08, 05:14 PM
Hi All,

New member. Driving a 99 TJ Renegade, very happy to finally have a 4wd!
My brother in law has been a 4wder for many years, with a slightly modded cruiser (hes in the cruiser club, done north cape and a bunch of bits on sth NSW coast)

Im planning my first trip up north on the easter long weekend, just an easy cruise through the watagans, following the trip planned in 4wd companion from explore australia.

Anyone done that trip? Ourimbah to wyong via yaramalong through the Olney state forest?

Just wondering what to expect? It'll be my first solo effort, its apparently easy grade, but I had hoped to do some touring with the jeep club before heading out solo - just hoping Im not biting off too much...

My bros took me through some fire trails down south, inland of Nowra, which was good, and I was picking my path well and pretty confident on dry trail. Hopefully watagans wont be too wet??

So, any feedback/advice?

Also - whens the next jeep club trip? I couldnt see anything posted in the forums.

azasjeep
18-03-08, 06:06 PM
hey dude, that road is basically a dirt road you can drive an excel down it so the jeep will be fine

Brent_TJ_EasterSubs
19-03-08, 06:44 PM
sighs - I suspected as much!

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Jaffas
19-03-08, 11:28 PM
If you venture off the main drag in the watagans, there are some good tracks, I could find them if I was driving, but can't really describe on the net. If you just play a bit and don't wonder too far from Forest drive or whatever it is, u should be cool. Enjoy it.