PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Soon to be new Jeep owner

Pete
14-04-08, 08:04 PM
New to the club, not really too new to Jeeps.

But planning on getting a wrangler unlimited CRD. Looks like it might suit my lifestyle more.

will be the 3rd jeep in the family, we used to have a 1996 cherokee, then that was sold for a Commander CRD, and soon to be added the Wrangler. Just got to work out if I should trade or sell my current car, and then pick a color, sort of leaning towards stone white, haven't seen one on the road

HYPE
14-04-08, 08:49 PM
welcome to the club Pete 8)

as long as it's a Jeep, pick any colour... and then paint it Mud! :D

Jaffas
14-04-08, 09:27 PM
welcome to the club Pete 8)

as long as it's a Jeep, pick any colour... and then paint it Mud! :D

lol, so true!

Good luck with the acquisitions, and once you are sorted, let me know I I'll fix up your membership! In the meantime, enjoy spending the money! hehe

casey
14-04-08, 09:35 PM
i like the white JK's! :)
they look awesome with black rims!

Pete
20-04-08, 06:00 PM
little bit closer to getting a jeep, my car's just about stock again, coilovers are out. koni's back in.

Been down to jeep and have spoken to the people and from what i can see getting a good price on a manual CRD with the renegade pack seems like it will be close to impossible.

so if any of you guys have similar specs in what i want and you got a good price let me know what sort of price i should be aiming for.

i have been told $48,000 on road for a manual CRD unlimited renegade and that seemed a little high to me.

Pete
23-06-08, 01:38 PM
white unlimited CRD manual ordered. ;D

casey
23-06-08, 02:07 PM
how long do you have to wait until you get it?

Pete
23-06-08, 05:14 PM
told 2 - 3 weeks

the car has only just arrived has to go through customs then off to the dealer

casey
23-06-08, 05:51 PM
If you're getting the soft top with it, make sure they include all the windows and door frames. Sounds crazy, but they didn't put them in our Jeep when we picked it up. That will save you a few hours trying to figure out how it all fits together as the manual is really poor in instructing how to do it.

Pete
23-06-08, 07:23 PM
So there should be more then the rolled up black thing on the frames in the back? or is everything rolled up in that?

casey
23-06-08, 10:48 PM
you should get two boxes with it.
one has the side and rear soft top windows in it.
the other has the soft top door frames in it.

Pete
03-07-08, 07:45 PM
:D got the jeep, and supper happy with it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

casey
03-07-08, 09:52 PM
sweet! lets get it all scratched up and dirty!!! :D

Pete
05-07-08, 05:32 PM
got to see a little bit of dirt, not to much on its first time, very happy how it went

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/pmckewen/Jeep.jpg

Wooders
08-07-08, 09:08 AM
NICE - I really like the white and that would be my pick if/when I get another.....

Pete
09-07-08, 09:54 PM
NICE - I really like the white and that would be my pick if/when I get another.....

was a hard choice but white just looks so good with the rest of the black bits.

Wooders
10-07-08, 09:22 AM
Also it's just mopre practical ;D

CDKJ
10-07-08, 01:29 PM
Nice Jeep Pete, too bad it's a JK ;D... just kidding mate. I like the white also, don't understand why there arn't more white Jeeps around. Looks good, do you know if the JK is going to come out with colour coded flares (that would make it look larger I think).

Pete
10-07-08, 07:43 PM
yeah i dont know why there are not more white ones.

as for colour coded flares i dont know they have them in the US and NZ from what i have read, but i do like the black ones, only thing i would like is something to stop the plastic getting to scrathed.

CDKJ
10-07-08, 09:03 PM
That's interesting, wonder why the Kiwi's would get it and we don't.

casey
11-07-08, 12:16 PM
I'm glad we dont have body coloured flares on our Jeep. We've got heaps of scuff marks on them already from rocks that got a bit too close :P

Pete
12-07-08, 11:41 AM
That's interesting, wonder why the Kiwi's would get it and we don't.

from what i have seen i think the one that are painted are the ones to look better maybe more expensive, think they come with 18's maybe i guess its like the lesser 4wd one if you can get that with a wrangler

Pete
12-08-08, 08:29 PM
"testing"

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/pmckewen/flex.jpg