PDA

View Full Version : JK Tube Bumper

ozzy
23-06-08, 09:38 PM
Hi all,
I have just bought a 2007 JK Wrangler and wanted to add some flare to it in the way of chrome tube bumpers. Can anyone tell me if these are air bag compliant and if not fitted by jeep is my new car warranty affected.
Thanks

casey
23-06-08, 10:55 PM
there are NO air bag assembly, electronic sensors or other wise in the factory bumper. so aftermarket bumpers will have no impact on airbag performance.

i would not expect an aftermarket bumper to affect your warranty - jeep sells exactly the same bumpers you're describing.

homedg
23-06-08, 11:22 PM
Check with your dealer.
Even a lousy, non DC lift, voids all warranty on the suspension and drive train of the vehicle.
I know it's hard ball;
But that's the way they play it.
Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Hope you're luvin' your new Jeep tho'!!!!!!! ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Jaffas
24-06-08, 08:26 PM
Chrome = Bling = Street Jeep! ;)

More mud, less chrome imo 8)

casey
25-06-08, 08:56 AM
if you foresee you and your jeep doing things like this..

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2091/2395297973_17dfe7fc31.jpg

then i would advise against getting a chrome tube bar - once they're bent, they're stuffed :P

a painted steel bar can be bent back in to shape and repainted.

if you're just driving around town, then dont worry about what Jaffas said (his Jeep is completely black btw) and go for it. bling isnt a dirty word :)

Flatfender
26-06-08, 07:18 PM
So what's wrong with a bit of chrome?
My flatfender has chrome bumpers, grab handles and grille...but it doesn't stop it having fun off road!

ozzy
30-06-08, 10:07 AM
Hi guys,
Thanks for your comments, even you Jaffas. I dont intend to use my jeep offroad in the same way you do but someone needs to show a jeep can look hot without the dirt. I live on acerage and Im not a city chick but I tend to keep the mud for my dirtbikes. Give that a crack Jaffas ;)

ozzy
01-07-08, 05:56 PM
;D
HI,
I just wanted to share the fact that I bought Kerrod's (DVL12H) JK jeep. So it has done a little offroad and its had a little work done, now its gonna be street jeep. Lucky thing.

Ill keep you all posted.
Ozzy

azasjeep
03-07-08, 11:20 AM
hey ozzy, Without trying to offend why would someone buy a jeep to only use onroad. As an onroad car jeeps suck, no power, poor handling, poor ergonomics, poor seats, and in general rubbish. The jeeps only saving grace is its offroad ability.

If you want a street car get a car not a jeep :)

Anyways best of luck with it

casey
03-07-08, 04:48 PM
aza ... hows the XJ going as a daily driver?

azasjeep
03-07-08, 06:16 PM
aza ... hows the XJ going as a daily driver?

its shit :) but we all know that wont be a daily driver for long