PDA

View Full Version : 4wd Custom Action

AJ
29-06-08, 03:01 PM
Just thought I would post up some details of the crazy week I just had.

I got am email from 4wd Action on wednesday night, saying that they would be interested in doing a feature article on my TJ. I rang them back straight away coz I could barely contain my excitement. Anyway it turns out that they had a vehicle pull out of a shoot and they were after another vehicle asap. For some reason they thought of me and before you know it I had organised to meet a photographer out at appin on Friday Morning.

So Friday went very well. THe photographer was very impressed at how the Jeep went and was especially impressed at the places it would get while still being a good looking vehicle not like those "mad max" 4x4's. Luckily the weather was awesome on friday and hopefully there should be some good shots.

In the emails that I sent in listing modifications etc, I made special note to mention our club and how fun the days out are, so I'm not sure what kind of article they're gonna end up writing but hopefully it can give us some more free publicity.

With any luck I'll find out this week which edition it will get published in as the details so far have been really limited but i'll keep you posted.

Anyway It was a really good feeling knowing that other people are interested in our jeeps and the hard work that goes into them. Well as you can tell i've been running around with a massive head so I better leave it at that and make sure you keep an eye out for the RED TJ in 4wd Custom Action which is the new magazine from 4wd action suited more to modifeid 4x4's.

Cheers AJ

Steve F
29-06-08, 03:19 PM
Nice :) I think the club has had several Jeeps in the mag now. Either 4WD Monthly or 4WD Action. Off the top of my head there was Wooders, Billsta, Maddog and myself over the years with mine being September last year and the others all before that. They also put my camper in the last edition and it won the posties pick so I got a prize :)

If you're anything like me you'll end up buying 3 or 4 copies of the mag :)

Anyway, congrats.

Steve

sir_camel
29-06-08, 05:17 PM
Tell me when its out, i am not buying the mags anymore! Sounds good though AJ!