PDA

View Full Version : Check out ADOS!

homedg
01-07-08, 06:07 AM
If anyone is interested, we are headed out to do a recky on the new ADOS 4x4 park at Tooraweenah next week (Mon-Wed, 7th to 9th July, which is the first days of NSW school holidays).

We were lucky enough to bump into Louise, who owns the property with her husband Peter, as she was volunteering at the local Stop, Revive, Survive stop on a recent road tour. The JEEP Cherokee parked at the road stop was enough to get us all talking and create a bond.

Check out the link below to see what they are offering at the property:

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=916&g2_GALLERYSID=e07fb011cfa78eb8827de47e378d8bec

Hot showers, Flush toilets and Shearers quarters for sleeping were enough to entice my family to want to visit. ;D

Anyways, we are heading up there next week to check it out and if anyone is interested they are most welcome to come along. I will be planning a club weekend trip up there in a month or so, so if the notice or weekday timeslot doesn't fit, make sure you have your gear organised for the trip. ;)

It WILL be a beauty!!! :D

casey
01-07-08, 10:58 AM
cool.
nice find Dave :)

what does ADOS stand for?

homedg
17-07-08, 02:04 PM
We headed up there the other week and had a ball (apart from demolishing one of the plastic side steps on the JK :P ).
The property actually encompasses part of the Warrumbungle ranges with tracks running right through this terrain. We only saw a small portion of the tracks due to weather etc so I'm keen to get back out there and explore it a bit further.

Here's a rough start on their website.
http://users.tpg.com.au/dmd4/

Anyone interested in heading up for a weekend wheelin' and camping trip in a month or so? ;D

Steve F
17-07-08, 03:31 PM
How long does it take to get there?

Cheers
Steve

homedg
17-07-08, 03:46 PM
About 5 1/2 hours (and we've got kids ::) ).

It's very scenic up there with fantastic vistas across the Western Plains and the joint is just teeming with Wildlife. We went for a short run around the "Russia" track and saw Wallabies, kangaroos, Wild Boars, a wild sow with 4 little piglets in tow, mountain goats and plenty of birds. The kids loved it (so did I).

We would probably plan to head off early Saturday morning to arrive on or before lunch, Set up the camper and then head out for a 1/2 days driving. Fire, BBQ and Bevvys that night with another 1/2 days driving on Sunday. Lunch and head home, getting back at around 6.30pm.

MRGC
20-07-08, 11:30 PM
Thanx homedg, looks interesting.