PDA

View Full Version : Who's up for a trip on Saturday, 2nd August? (update: we're going to Zig Zag)

casey
21-07-08, 09:14 AM
Who is up for a trip on Saturday, 2nd August?
Yes?
Where do you want to go?

Maggie and Bear
22-07-08, 10:54 AM
A trip around the Zig Zag sounds good,particularly this time of year. Cool, clear, crisp mountain air, and hopefully a minimum of dust.

Bear

casey
22-07-08, 07:05 PM
Zig Zag it is! :D

Thanks for making my mind up for me Bear :)

casey
22-07-08, 07:13 PM
When: Saturday, August 2nd

Where: Meet at Richmond McDonalds at 9am or at the Zig Zag Carpark around 10am

Here's a map of where the Richmond Maccas is:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=69+March+St,+Richmond,+NSW+2753

and here's a map of the Zig Zag meet up location if you haven't been before:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=cnr+petra+%26+chifley+rd,+nsw,+au

Bring:
CB radio (we are on ch 15)
2x rated shackles
a snatch strap
a camera to take photos/videos of yourself and others getting awesome :)
BYO lunch, snacks, drinks.

Grade: C with options

Who's coming?
Bear & Maggie
George
Ash
Bruce

monsterjeep
22-07-08, 09:31 PM
Sorry Casey i am working this weekend :'(

Have a good trip all

Chook
22-07-08, 09:31 PM
Hi Casey,

I am stinging to get out for a play in the mud, they are predicting rain next week so it will be good timing.
Count me in at this stage as I have nothing happening with work yet for the 2nd.
It will be great to catch up again, I will try to convince uncle Mick with his Rubi.

Cheers and enjoy the rest of the week.

ChOoK... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sir_camel
23-07-08, 12:39 PM
i wish but i am going to be in Byron for Splendour in the Grass!

KJ_Ash
23-07-08, 12:58 PM
Sounds good to me.
Chook has been asking me to come along as he has been having trouble getting bogged lately so I'll be sure to bring all equipement required to pull him out. :P

casey
23-07-08, 01:19 PM
tell me about it.
and he refuses to use his winch - whats with that?

Chook
23-07-08, 03:48 PM
Now now gentlemen....there has never been a need to use the winch.
The RKCRLR "NEVER GETS BOGGED" ;D ;D ;D ;D

homedg
27-07-08, 11:49 PM
I'd love to join in;
If I can get my car out of 2WD this week. :(

PureCaboose
28-07-08, 12:06 PM
hmmmm....study for my Masters or try out my 2" lift......Can I let you know of Friday?

ol3ears
28-07-08, 06:09 PM
Hi,
I would like to attend - (the new Guy who turned up at the AGM)
Regards
Bruce

spud
30-07-08, 11:18 AM
why you always go on saturday ::)

KJ_Ash
30-07-08, 04:59 PM
hmmmm....study for my Masters or try out my 2" lift......Can I let you know of Friday?

Are you serious....?

What sort of question is that?

I definately in for this one guys. I have my new tyres, turbo fixed and swy bar disco's fitted so I'm ready to put the KJ through it's paces.

So who's going?

casey
30-07-08, 05:40 PM
Who's coming?
Casey
Bear & Maggie
George
Ash
Bruce

Maybes:
Greg
Dave

Chook
30-07-08, 08:53 PM
Casey...............the RKCRLR is out....injured :'(......KO'd :'(..... :'( :'( :'( :'(
Left work late last night about 8.30 ish and some dumb ass >:( decided to change his mined from turning right from the right lane to turning left from the right lane.
I was in the left lane about 5 to 7 metres behind, in his blind spot he said and he just did not see my BMF JEEP >:( >:( Bar damage not extreme but the right front end of the suspension has been bent and twistered control arms, panhard etc...will post pics sometime soon...So it is my greatest regret that I do have to miss Saturdays kick ass trip due to this misfortune... :'( :'(

Sorry mate and i was really looking forward to using the damn winch

KJ_Ash
30-07-08, 09:32 PM
Oh Chook,
I'm happy to tow the JK around all day with the KJ if you like..... Just let me know.

You're welcome to come with me if you like, you might not be used to the 430nm of torque but we'll strap you in nice and tight.

But on a serious note I devo'd over the RKCRLR incident, get this guys address and SJC will go round and sort him out. :-X

D.K.
31-07-08, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't mind tagging along with you guys
See you at the Zigzag carpark at 10.

Dave

99 TJ

casey
31-07-08, 03:27 PM
Oh noes! That's not good George!

Hope you're back on the road sooner rather than later :)

Will2003tj
01-08-08, 01:28 PM
ill come!

will finish doing my cb and discoes today.

Will (the young guy who went to 'so you think you cant drive')

homedg
01-08-08, 02:08 PM
Casey...............the RKCRLR is out....injured :'(......KO'd :'(..... :'( :'( :'( :'(
Left work late last night about 8.30 ish and some dumb ass >:( decided to change his mined from turning right from the right lane to turning left from the right lane.
I was in the left lane about 5 to 7 metres behind, in his blind spot he said and he just did not see my BMF JEEP >:( >:( Bar damage not extreme but the right front end of the suspension has been bent and twistered control arms, panhard etc...will post pics sometime soon...So it is my greatest regret that I do have to miss Saturdays kick ass trip due to this misfortune... :'( :'(

Sorry mate and i was really looking forward to using the damn winch

What a shocker! :o
Sorry to hear about that Chook.

You should have used your winch at the time in the following manner:
i) Release clutch on winch and extend cable under the offenders car, being sure to allow at least 1.5 times the cars length in front of the vehicle.
ii) Bring wire rope back over the top of the other vehicle and attach securley to your steel bar.
iii) Re-engage cluch and start cable retrieval.
iv) Once cable is fully back on the drum drive off saying my insurers will talk to your insurers, and next time check your mirrors. ;)
v) Oh, and have a nice day! :( >:( ;D

D.K.
01-08-08, 02:14 PM
Hi Casey,
I wont be able to make Saturday afterall.

You probably dont know who I am but I was at the last Sydney Jeep Club meet

(I have Jumbos old TJ)

Dave

Maggie and Bear
01-08-08, 02:36 PM
That's a shame Dave, we know who you are. Maybe next time

Glad you are coming on another trip Will

Maggie and Bear.

Maggie and Bear
03-08-08, 10:27 AM
Big thank you to Casey for calling the trip yesterday .. we had 3 Rubicons, a TJ and later joined by a Cherokee.
A lot of slipping and sliding in the mud which made Casey happy as he got to use his winch.
Everyday in a Jeep is a good day.
Maggie and Bear

Will2003tj
04-08-08, 10:46 PM
Again thanks to everyone, had a fun time. Wheres the video? ;D

Will see you next time!

Maggie and Bear
05-08-08, 09:53 AM
Hi Will
The video was shot by our next door neighbour and we have asked him to try to have it downloaded by Wednesday so we can pass it to Casey. Hopefully it will be ready.
Maggie

KJ_Ash
11-08-08, 03:47 PM
Pics/vids please?

Was a great day, really enjoyed.

It was the first time Amy joined me on a 4x4 trip and I think she enjoyed it, i just have to try and convince her to get behind the wheel next time.... Maggie, maybe you can help? ;)

Maggie and Bear
11-08-08, 08:13 PM
Hi Ash and everybody else on that trip.
Re Pics/video.
George had trouble burning a CD from his camera .. it seems to play on some computers but not on others. I have a spare copy if anyone is willing to take a chance. I have seen it on a computer using the lastest Vista.
Amy, I was scared my first trip and threatened to get out after Reg skidded about 50 cm. Just bite the bullet and do it, ask Rebecca, Mim, they are braver than me.
Maggie and Bear