PDA

View Full Version : The ZigZag on Sunday 14/09/08

stevet
03-09-08, 12:59 PM
Hi all,
Pick a run by Saturday 06/09/08 so I can book a run at Menai if selected by the majority ( booking proceedure ).
Stephen T.
P.S. Remember, you must have done a clean-up within the last 12 months to go on a run to Menai.
**** The winner is--The ZigZag Lithgow.
Meet at MacDonalds Richmond at 7.30a.m. then head up the Bells Line of Road before 8.00a.m. or meet at the ZigZag carpark between 9.00a.m. & 9.30a.m. Usual attendence requirements.****

casey
03-09-08, 01:16 PM
menai night run will be interesting! :)

AJ
03-09-08, 06:37 PM
i've been hanging for a night run but ofcourse it has to be the weekend that i'm fully booked up :(

Maggie and Bear
04-09-08, 10:19 PM
Hi Steve
Poor night vision would preclude me from any sort of a night run, but I would enjoy a run in daylight hours.

Bear.

stevet
08-09-08, 07:44 PM
Hi folk's,
Well it's locked at 3 all, but have to say Menai is likely to be closed this weekend due to the rain. It can take up to 7/10 days for the tracks to be usable after heavy rain so look's like the ZigZag wins out.*****
Meet-- Richmond MacDonalds @ 7.30a.m.,leave 7.45a.m. or
ZigZag carpark 9.00/9.15a.m.
Bring/have-- Own recovery gear,food/drink of choice, camera/video. Post up if you intend to come on Sunday 8)
Stephen T.

jeepney
08-09-08, 08:04 PM
I would luv to join you again, Steve and try to conquer the "Rock" but that day happens to be my birthday. Hope no conflict next time.

PureCaboose
08-09-08, 08:26 PM
Hmmm.....ausjeep is running an appin trip on the same weekend. Can I go 4wding on both days?

I will have to see what day the ausjeep trip is run. If the appin trip is saturday I will be there on sunday, other wise I will go to appin (with the GPS) so I can learn about it and run a trip there in the future.....

Greg

homedg
09-09-08, 03:04 AM
Hmmm.....ausjeep is running an appin trip on the same weekend. Can I go 4wding on both days?

I will have to see what day the ausjeep trip is run. If the appin trip is saturday I will be there on sunday, other wise I will go to appin (with the GPS) so I can learn about it and run a trip there in the future.....

Greg

Why doesn't every go to Appin if it's a tie?
Should be a good day out and we can check out/show up other rigs. ;) :D ;D
He He. ;D ;D

PureCaboose
09-09-08, 11:07 AM
Ok, it is confirmed Appin run on Sunday with AusJeepOffroad.

I have decided to go to Appin instead of Lithgow as i have been to Lithgow and have not been to Appin. I will be taking the GPS and logging my trip and will run a SJC Appin run in the future.

Homedg has a point, you are all welcome to come to Appin as well......

Greg

stevet
09-09-08, 11:37 PM
The reason I did not include Appin is that for 1. I do not know Appin, 2. No official club runs are held there due to the recent bad PR about Appin. 3.Do not want/need any grief if going there by either the boys in blue,4wd ass.or any do-gooders putting their noses in.
But on that note, do people going on Sunday to the ZigZag want to go to that other place you mentioned???? If so post up soon please so we can change things.
Stephen T.

homedg
09-09-08, 11:50 PM
The JK is finally a Fourbie again ;D ;D ;D ;D
If the big wet that is forecast for the weekend doesn't hit, then I'll be out at the Southern venue :-[

Bear
10-09-08, 04:29 PM
Hi Steve
C U @ Maccas Richmond @7:30 14/09 if the trip is still on.
If not on pls. advise

Bear

AJ
10-09-08, 07:46 PM
As steve mentioned, It's better not to mention where you are going if planning to go to @pp1n. Keep the location on the down low and don't post any pics / videos mentioning the location either. There has been instances of bad media attention of 4x4's "destroying" fire trails and this isn't something we want associated with our club :(

Just remember you go there at your own risk :-X

Maggie
10-09-08, 09:40 PM
We agree with AJ .. we are new to this Club but have been doing some independent research on the area and Bear and I have decided to give it a big NO GO, especially associated with the SJC.
Maggie.

stevet
10-09-08, 11:22 PM
I am sticking with the ZigZag on Sunday. See you at Richmond Maccas.
P.S. Last one there does the trip report :o ;D ::) :P :-*

stevet
12-09-08, 11:59 AM
Who's coming to the ZigZag on Sunday;-
Maggie & Bear
Stephen T.
Odin
???????????

KJ_Ash
12-09-08, 01:00 PM
Hmmmm, I'm itching for a night run...... so bad I can't stop scratching :-[

Any hoo, I may be up for the Sunday run just deciding which place to go and will depend on the wife as well. I can only say a maybe at this stage.

wotes
12-09-08, 02:35 PM
I'll be at Maccas on sunday morning.

stevet
14-09-08, 10:17 PM
Hi all,
We had a good day out at the ZigZag today, no breakages or carnage in our group of three, Wotan and Sarah, Maggie and Bear and me on my lonesome. We managed to even rescue another ricer after warching his mate in another diesal one with Simex's on get nowhere.
Anyway Maggie's got the pleasure of a full trip report for the mag with pic's and some video by Sarah as well on the way.
Thanks again Wotan, Sarah, Maggie and Bear for a fun day out in the mountains in the rain.
Stephen T.