PDA

View Full Version : Watagans 25th October

Bolts
16-10-08, 04:27 PM
Hey guys and girls,

I'm organising a trip to the Watagans on the 25th. Only requirements are recovery points and CB. Not sure which tracks were going to take, just figure we get out there and explore.
If you have any trails you want to drive show us where they are :D

homedg
16-10-08, 05:12 PM
Oooooo. Watagans. ;D

Jambo was the first time i've been up there and I had a ball.
We'll be a definite maybe.
Might even camp up there on Saturday night :D

Bolts
18-10-08, 10:55 AM
Hey Homedg,

For more info on this trip check out http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?p=904489#post904489

homedg
18-10-08, 11:28 AM
Hey Bolts,
Looks like there is a few coming.
Should be a great day. ;D
I'll stay posted over there on the Dark Side. He He.
What do you drive?
Dave (homedg)

Bolts
18-10-08, 12:44 PM
I'm driving a TJ lifted on 35's. I've only taken it out bush twice so I'm still getting used to its capabilities :D

Are you a member of SJC? Did you have to pay any membership fees? I was thinking of joining but I'm not sure of the benefits ( other than being in a club full of jeep nutters ;D)

Steve F
18-10-08, 01:06 PM
Yep Dave is a member.

Benefits, we'll there's a mag, a hidden section on the website for members only, invites to other club functions like the Christmas Party (This years has a $700 tent as a raffle prize and the whole thing is free as usual) and tomorrows ten pin bowling, access to places like Menai and the Spanish steps (Only some clubs have permission to enter these areas and you can get fined if you do go in and aren't in a club) etc etc. Also, if its an official club trip we have indemnity insurance to protect those on the trip, this doesn't insure your vehicle etc but means you cant personally be sued, never had to use it but its there if there is a bad incident.

Anyway, give me a call on 0411 688 057 or shoot me a PM if you want to ask anymore questions.
Oh, and like all clubs there's a yearly fee to cover all this, $65 at the moment.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
18-10-08, 01:22 PM
Should add I'd be keen to do a run up there but am going on a Menai trip on the Sunday so cant really do two trips on the one weekend.

Cheers
Steve

Bolts
18-10-08, 01:37 PM
Thanks Steve, that info really helped understand it all.
Yeah i think it might be a good idea to look into membership. Whats Menai like?

Steve F
18-10-08, 01:40 PM
Menai has a bit of everythin, pretty good. You're welcome to come along as a visitor next Sunday if you're up to two trips two days in a row :)

Cheers
Steve

Bolts
18-10-08, 01:42 PM
I would be there in a heartbeat but i have work and i don't think "my dog died" will cut it two times in a row... :P

Thanks anyway

homedg
18-10-08, 04:30 PM
Hey Bolts,
Feel free to give me a call on 0418 900 688 if you want to talk about trips, tracks and membership with clubs.
Cheers
Dave (homedg)

Steve F
18-10-08, 08:04 PM
I've split this topic to put the insurance questions in their own thread.

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/index.php?topic=1305.0

Cheers
Steve

AJ
19-10-08, 09:58 PM
access to places like Menai and the Spanish steps

Cheers
Steve

I didn't know we could still go to the spanish steps :)
I have never been there but have heard there are some challenging tracks out there. Are there any plans for a trip out there in the coming future?

homedg
19-10-08, 10:17 PM
What do we want,
SPANISH STEPS;
When do we want them,

Well as soon as anybody is willing to lead us out there. ;D

I've never been there before either, but the legend of the area draws me.

Steve F
19-10-08, 10:21 PM
To go to Spanish steps you need to attend a Spanish steps working bee, the place is locked up like Menai will be eventually. They haven't had a working bee for ages out there. I'll get on to the association and see when the next one is if people are interested in attending it so they can do a trip out there.

I last went out there years ago before it was all locked up, it wasn't bad but just a very small piece of the Lithgow area, still interesting though.

Cheers
Steve

AJ
19-10-08, 10:27 PM
That would be great Steve. I'll definately be in as it's always great to explore new places and do what we've gotta do to keep places like these open!

Steve F
19-10-08, 11:14 PM
I've put in a request to the association for the details, they haven't posted a softcopy of the requirements for access to the Spanish Steps and have requested we contact them for it. Should have the details in the next few days I guess.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
19-10-08, 11:18 PM
Last I knew, they were having trouble filling working bees and hadn't done a bit in a while. Reg should be getting their emails now and might poke around for a look and see if he has anything new from them.

Wolfe
20-10-08, 12:02 AM
Sorry, I hoped to make this one but family commitments have meant i'm unable. Hope to catch the next one

Bolts
23-10-08, 11:42 AM
Hey guys,

I've had to pull out of this trip. Work rang me saying if i don't come to work on sat It may give a reason for them to fire me. Sorry for the late notice but i like my job. Well i don't, but i like the amount they pay me :) Again sorry for the late notice. Hope its a good day out. Post the pics when you get back ;D