PDA

View Full Version : Jeep steering wheels

Genghis08
18-10-08, 12:37 AM
Hi folks, I am looking at buying a 95-99 Grand Cherokee at the moment and have noticed that a lot of them have split leather on the steering wheels. Obviously this is a common theme so I have two questions.

1. Is there a leather 'kit' for restiching a new cover.
2. Is all the leather in the car susceptable to not putting up with the Aus climate.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Cpage66
19-10-08, 03:53 PM
Hi Genghis,
I'll try to take a shot at this...

1) None that I'm aware of here in OZ or anywhere else in the world.
2) I purposefully bought a Laredo so I wouldn't have to put up with the leather care (and they are an inch higher than the Limiteds and Overlands as well) and If the leather on just about any vehicle hasn't been properly cleaned and maintained, it'll crack and age prematurely.

Also a quick note...for the model years you've got listed, they are actually for two different models Grand Cherokees...93-98 is the ZJ and 99-04 is the WJ so if you ever have to buy a new steering wheel in future, note that they are different...

HTH

azasjeep
29-10-08, 11:03 AM
Yeah you can get generic kits to restitch the steering wheel, or go to a trimmer and they will whip you up one.

Or you could get a winnie the pooh steering wheel cover with paw shaped hand grips they rock.