PDA

View Full Version : Re: Watagans 25th October - Insurance question

homedg
18-10-08, 04:35 PM
we have indemnity insurance

Hey Steve,
Along with the other stuff I have asked to be put on the agenda for the next meeting, could you also include, for the benefit of the members, what indemnity insurance covers, what it costs etc.
Thanks in advance,
Homedg

(EDITED by Steve F to change the Subject after a topic split)

Steve F
18-10-08, 06:22 PM
Sure, I need to confirm the cost as it is part of our payment to the 4WD Association but it is the majority of the club fees, it's something we have no control over. Without it we wouldn't have a club as the committee or trip leader could potentially be held liable if a member was involved in an accident on a trip etc.

Cheers
Steve

homedg
18-10-08, 07:03 PM
OK; I never realised that it was part of the Association membership.
As a paying member it's nice to see what goes where.
Thanks

Steve F
18-10-08, 07:59 PM
Yep, basically the Association is insured and our club is listed on the policy, we do pay it as a separate payment but we don't pay it to an insurer it goes to the association.

Anyway, I'm going to split this topic and move this discussion to it's own thread.

Cheers
Steve

homedg
18-10-08, 10:49 PM
Good Idea.
Thanks Steve

JP_Mark
18-10-08, 11:36 PM
Not quite correct Steve. Our insurance policy is part of a scheme for 4WD clubs that are members of the association, but it is our own policy. We pay TCIS a pro-rata payment for Public liability insurance, and pay the association a pro-rata membership levy. These are two separate payments and the insurance payment goes direct to the insurance brokers as it is our own policy as we are an independent incorporated body.

Steve F
19-10-08, 09:33 AM
Fair enough, I looked at the policy and it says 4WD Association and then Sydney JP Club so I assumed we paid them, doesn't matter either way though its a requirement to be part of the association but thanks for clearing it up Mark.

Cheers
Steve