PDA

View Full Version : Just to introduce myself

wlublink
22-10-08, 08:51 PM
Hello everybody!

I just like to introduce myself.
In March this year I bought myself a very nice red Jeep Wrangler and last month it finally got delivered. It is a standard 2-door Jeep Wrangler with no extras apart from the side steps.
I came to Australia a year ago. I am originally from The Netherlands and I always wanted to have a Jeep Wrangler but I could never afford to buy one. Now I live here and I am the proud owner of this beautiful car.

I do not have any real 4wd experience, as Holland is pretty flat.... My intention is to learn more about 4wdriving and of course it is a lot nicer to do this with more people. I will do a 2-day 4wdrive course in New Castle in November. I have no idea if the course is any good, but I will find out. I also hope that I will get the opportunity to do some tag along tours. Maybe you will have some suggestions for me.

Well that is me, hope to hear from you!
Wyanda

homedg
22-10-08, 09:44 PM
Hey Hollander,
As I sit here eating my Double Zout I welcome you to the JEEP fraternity.
I am Aussie but my family roots are from Alkmaar.
Also, let me know if you want to buy some nice Herring.
Winkltje at Smithfield caters for all of our needs.
Dave (Homedg)

casey
22-10-08, 09:52 PM
Welcome Wyanda!

We got our Wrangler a year ago - and love it :)

A 4wd course is a great idea to start with. And if your course is anything like the one we went on when we got ours, you'll find that your Wrangler is leaps and bounds ahead of the other 4wds in terms of capability.

We do trips about once a month, keep an eye on the forums to see when they are on.

stevet
22-10-08, 09:58 PM
Hi Wyanda,
Welcome to Oz and welcome to Jeeping.
There is a run this Sunday 26th at Menai. If you are willing you can attend as a guest of the club. You can see some other rigs and give your's are go there. It is a "C+" area but there are plenty of good spots to use and bi-passes around most of the harder sections and plenty of folk to help if you need any help/advise. You will need a basic recovery kit if needed & recovery points.
See you on the tracks,
Stephen T.

Maggie
22-10-08, 10:03 PM
Nice to see you here Wyanda .. you have joined at a good time as we have a couple of events on the go leading up to Christmas .. you did not say where you are located?
Maggie

wlublink
22-10-08, 10:22 PM
It is really good to get your reactions so quick!

Dave, I haven't been to the dutch shop in Smithfield, but it is on my list to do...i really miss "zoute drop". Maybe we can even talk some dutch!?!

Maggie, I live in McMahons Point. I would like to join some events. Do you have to be a club member to join the events?

Stephen, I did have a look at the clean up at Menai. It looks really nice. The thing is I don't have any recovery gear. Could I still join? It starts at nine, what is the latest time you can arrive? I have a "Pink Ribbon breakfast" at nine, but maybe I can still come over after that?

Carsey, did you do your 4wd course in New Castle with OOT4WD as well or with another club?

Thanks guys for all your replies!
Wyanda

casey
22-10-08, 10:25 PM
this is the course we did: http://www.getabout.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=45

Bolts
22-10-08, 11:51 PM
Hey Wyanda,

Yeah i did the Get About thingo aswell but down in Lithgow. I had a great time! I want to go for the learning trip up on Stockton beach but im not a fan of beach work.. but then again it is stockton beack :) On ya for getting a Jeep!