PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Steps

Steve F
30-10-08, 03:48 PM
I've had some feedback from the 4WD Association re the Spanish Steps, we are able to run a trip there and since there is no working bee scheduled at the moment then we don't need to have attended one. There is the assumption though that when a working bee is run those that go to the Spanish Steps will do their best to get along to it.

I'm not personally able to run a trip up there at the moment but if anyone is interested let me know and we'll see what can be organised :) Of course if you want to run the trip even better :)

Cheers
Steve

AJ
30-10-08, 05:27 PM
That's GREAT news.
I have never been up there before so wouldn't be able to run a trip up there but I would definately be up for tagging along. ;D

homedg
30-10-08, 11:26 PM
Me Too.

As a newbie that's a legendary spot!
When can we go? Who's going to lead? ;D

Steve F
30-10-08, 11:41 PM
If we can wait until after Christmas I don't mind running one, haven't been there for years though so will have to remind myself exactly where off Blackfellows hand road it is as that's about as much as I can remember on its location :(

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
30-10-08, 11:45 PM
If we can wait until after Christmas I don't mind running one, haven't been there for years though so will have to remind myself exactly where off Blackfellows hand road it is as that's about as much as I can remember on its location :(

Cheers
Steve

It's been a long while since I've been up there as well...I've been twice but I can't remember all of the good stuff up there at all. I just remember some young adult group bycycling through that area and a bunch of 'em were lost and getting behind a Toyota van tearing itself up very slowly on the road to Blackfellows Hand...

homedg
30-10-08, 11:48 PM
Could you lead a trip up there Cpage66.

For those of us that have never been up there it would be appreciated. ;D

Wolfe
31-10-08, 10:54 PM
i'd be keen to go again as its been a while. What about combining it with cabbage tree lane?

homedg
31-10-08, 11:16 PM
Two legendary trails in one Trip.
Count me in. ;)
Dave

Steve F
31-10-08, 11:48 PM
Wolfe, do we want to use up two great tracks in one day though ;)

Cheers
Steve

homedg
01-11-08, 02:28 AM
AS the old bull said to the young Bull.,
Let's just take it easy and do 'em both over an over ;D

I know I'd love to do 'em both.\

Wolfe
01-11-08, 12:22 PM
Wolfe, do we want to use up two great tracks in one day though ;)

Cheers
Steve

What about over a weekend with camping out near Spannish steps?

homedg
01-11-08, 01:09 PM
We're up for that.
;D ;D ;D Sounds great. ;D ;D ;D

MRGC
02-11-08, 11:05 PM
Wouldnt mind going to spanish steps, never been there.

homedg
06-11-08, 01:04 AM
I've never been to either spot as well.
C'mon Ccpage or Wolfe (or both) volunteer and take us by the hand.
I'll vote to bring the JD.....
Who else is going to bring what?

Steve F
06-11-08, 08:40 AM
Looks like the ZigZag/Spanish steps trip will be shortly after Christmas at the moment run by me, if we find anyone to run it before that we will though :)

Cheers
Steve

tim
09-11-08, 01:12 AM
ill put my hand up for this run.

wlublink
10-11-08, 10:06 AM
Hi guys,

After surviving my first 4wd weekend in Bylong I would love to go again. It all depends on the difficulty of the track, but if it is similar to what we did in Bylong I would like to join as well.

Camping sounds like a good thing as well!

Wyanda

Steve F
10-11-08, 10:33 AM
The Spanish steps and Cabbage Tree Lane are both pretty tough but in saying that they are one way tracks, down and back up, so it is easy enough to park at the top and watch if you decide you don't want to drive them.

Couple of pics of Cabbage Tree to wet the appetite (all going down, up is the same way)

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Cabbage-Tree/Cabbage_Tree_021.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Cabbage-Tree/100_5863.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Cabbage-Tree/Cabbage_Tree_016.jpg

I don't have any of the Spanish Steps, but again its a turn around at the end track and only short and no doubt we can get in some other Zig Zag tracks while we're up there.

Cheers
Steve

wlublink
10-11-08, 12:00 PM
The pictures look really cool and yes it looks pretty tough!! I don't think I will be able to do that yet. But than again I said that so many times last weekend at Bylong and I did do a lot of things that I did not think I would be able to do.

Anyway, I will keep an eye on these posts to find out when people are going, so hopefully I can join.

Wyanda

sir_camel
10-11-08, 02:15 PM
Spanish Steps can be done as a drive through. Takes you through some creeks then up either a gnarly 33's plus locked roll your jeep route up or a steep but smooth climb. If you go down the steps rather than up you can let gravity help you.