PDA

View Full Version : Rock Sliders

ValiumMm
30-10-08, 03:02 PM
Hey Guys, Was wondering if you no where to get some fairly decent rock sliders at a reasonable price as im on a tight budget. Has anyone got a welder to do it custom? and what price range am i looking at for commercial ones.

Regards, Alex

glend
30-10-08, 04:22 PM
Yeah I second the motion, I'd like to get some as well for my KJ. I see Wooders has SuperNerfs for $720 and they were over $800 not long ago. I can't really stretch to justifying that sort of cost for sliders right now - or maybe never. Doesn't look that hard to copy for a good welder.

Steve F
30-10-08, 04:49 PM
They are not that hard to make, I think the KJ and XJ are pretty much the same sort of design.

I made mine in a few days cheap until you include your labor, if you have to pay for the labor then Wooders is the best bet :) If you're interested in making a set let me know and I'll send you some pics of mine in progress.

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album418/100_4432.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

ValiumMm
04-11-08, 06:32 PM
I'm interested, And wondering how much you did and how much you got outsourced or got done, On a cheap budget and would like to know how much you got done yourself and how hard it was,

Regards, ALex

Steve F
04-11-08, 07:28 PM
Mine started off as bits of straight steel from the steel shop ;) (or whatever they are called) I have a cheap bender I used for the tube rails and measured, cut, bent and welded the lot etc. I didn't find them that hard to make and also made the front bar and rear bar/tyre carrier.

Cheers
Steve

homedg
06-11-08, 12:12 AM
hEY sTEVE,
fOR THE RIGHT MONEY WOULD YOU CONSIDER CUSTOMISING SOME FOR MY jk.
aLL THE WORK i HAVE SEEN YOU DO IS "SPECIAL".

Mine started off as bits of straight steel from the steel shop ;) (or whatever they are called) I have a cheap bender I used for the tube rails and measured, cut, bent and welded the lot etc. I didn't find them that hard to make and also made the front bar and rear bar/tyre carrier.

Cheers
Steve

homedg
06-11-08, 12:13 AM
:PGrrr, Apologies for the last post.
I had the caps lock on. ::)
DG

glend
06-11-08, 12:29 PM
Steve, if your taking orders I'll take a set for my KJ.

ValiumMm
06-11-08, 12:55 PM
Me too. And i have XJ so should be exact same dimensions. But only if ur up for it, and pay cash :D 8)

Steve F
06-11-08, 01:07 PM
Sorry guys,barely enough time for my own projects. Seriously though it isn't that hard. My first project was the front bar, then sliders, then rear bar etc. A little practice with a stick welder (mine cost $99) and you're away. Just get some scrap and practice and you'll be welding in no time.

Cheers Steve

ValiumMm
06-11-08, 01:08 PM
Was it from Bunnings.

Steve F
06-11-08, 01:12 PM
Yep, and still going strong, built my camper with it as well and will be doing a winch bar soon.

Cheers Steve

glend
06-11-08, 03:57 PM
Ok I might give it a go, where do I get the steel?

Steve F
06-11-08, 05:00 PM
I get all mine from edcon steel, theres also onesteel. Just go for whoever is closest ;)

Cheers Steve

homedg
06-11-08, 07:19 PM
Steel prices are at a real LOW at the moment so any of the usual outlets should give you a good price.
If you feel that they are "screwing" you gimme a PM ;)
Dave (homedg)