PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Introduction

XLR8
06-11-08, 10:29 PM
G-day everybody,
I have just had a new addition to the family, a beautiful 95 XJ Sport Chucky. I'm in luv, Now I know what they mean when they say "It's a Jeep thing". I get it! As far as I know it's stockers, with fat Desert Duelers (not too much tread left, rather slippery in the wet on the tarmac).
I am a single bloke, so space isn't an issue for me as I bought it for holidays, touring, and weekends away up to Barrington, the Wattagans, and hopefully the Blue Mountains. Newcastle is a good spot as it's reasonably central. One must-do is I want to tour Tasmania before I'm an old man, or before they chop all the forests down anyway. A few days ago I had a mechanic put the XJ up on a hoist and had a good sticky underneath, seems to be in V.G. Condition. A slight trickle at the rear main, or it could have been from the oil filter. Must check that out before too long.
Anyway, It's good to find such a great web site.
All the best - XLR8

Steve F
06-11-08, 11:31 PM
Welcome to our little piece of the web :)

That weeping rear main is pretty typical, if it isn't leaving a wet spot on the ground then it may not be worth worrying about, mine has been damp for years and doesn't leave a drop on the ground. For trips into all those areas keep an eye on the site, we have one to Menai on the 29th of November and your welcome to come along as a visitor or even member if you want to take a chance and join up without meeting any of us ;)

Cheers
Steve

wlublink
10-11-08, 08:47 AM
Hi there,

Welcome to the club! I just joined the club about a week ago. I went on a camping trip with the club to Bylong this weekend and it was awesome.......

I had no 4wdriving experience, but now only after 1 weekend I feel so much more confident than I did before and all thanks to the guys (and girls of course) from the club!

See you soon,
Wyanda

Mr_Rubic0n
10-11-08, 12:19 PM
im going to have to find someone to tag with me next time ... shame i couldnt make it to the trip

any pics from the trip to see what i missed out on ???

stevet
10-11-08, 12:46 PM
Welcome XLR8,
Doesn't take long to get the "Jeep Thing" at all, now you have one enjoy it 8) as it won't be going away for quite awhile now ;D.
As Steve F. stated our next run is at Menai on the Sat. 29th Nov. so just check out the requirements in the "trips" section of our site.
So see you out on the track soon.
Stephen T.