PDA

View Full Version : JK hardtops

Jeepjeep
04-12-08, 11:38 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new here so be gentle.

I've loved jeeps for ages and I am very close to purchasing my first Wrangler.

The only problem is a hardtop is just out of my budget right now so it looks like I'm going to go for a wrangler with a soft top.

I'm hoping that I can purchase a hardtop for it some time in the future for a lot less than the $5000 the dealer has quoted me. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get one from?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maggie
04-12-08, 11:56 AM
Hi Jeepjeep, Welcome to the forum and I am sure the people here will be very helpful with any questions that may be asked.
We drive a soft top Rubicon and we are quite happy with it, it does not leak (and we have been in quite heavy rain), it is not cold, but we do get a little bit of wind noise which doesn't bother us .. it is a fun car after all. Being able to go topless or even window less is great as well.
I am sure Wooders could help you with plenty of information should you decide to go for the hardtop later on.
Maggie

Jeepjeep
04-12-08, 12:43 PM
Thanks Maggie,

I'm glad to hear it doesn't get too cold. I'm not too worried about not having the hardtop over summer but once winter comes round my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to the snowy mountains for some skiing. I think a hardtop would be a essential then!

Like you say it's fun to be able to take the roof down with a soft top so I certainly won't be in any rush to fit the hardtop until winter starts creeping up.