PDA

View Full Version : Putting a 4.0 throttle body on my 2.4

ValiumMm
07-12-08, 12:28 AM
Hey Guys, Been reading up a few sites and forums from america and alot of them are putting 4.0 throttle body on the 2.4L, I really have no idea what this is but from what they are saying its cheap and improves airflow, which improves performance.

What do you guys think.

ValiumMm
07-12-08, 12:35 AM
here is a link
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600097

That is a 2.5, mine is a 2.4, would this make a diff, and that one is a YJ, but also saw them for the xj.

casey
07-12-08, 07:18 PM
you should call a doctor - you've got the mod bug something cruel ;)

ValiumMm
07-12-08, 07:29 PM
Theres a medicine for it, cos im pretty sick atm :P haha

azasjeep
09-12-08, 12:07 PM
Mate you can fit any throttle body to any car and it may make a positive or negative result.

First thing to ask yourself is the standard throttle body actually causing a restriction at all ie. does the throttle body pass enough air, my guess would be yes and its a pointless exercise, and if it is a positive increase it will be barely noticeable maybe 1-10kw max if your lucky if you make no other changes.

IF you want power should have bought a 6 cylinder xj instead of the 4.

If you are dead set on improving the performance and its an aspiratred motor theres only one way to really go

exhaust to get the gas out and a cam to get extra air and fuel in or out and if needed then a play around with throttle bodies, air intakes, Computer upgrades etc etc.

My advce would be drive it till she blows up then drop in a 6 will probably work out cheaper in the long run.

ValiumMm
09-12-08, 12:12 PM
ye thats my plan atm, its got heaps of torque, its just when im on the highway seems to struggle bit at like 110. 100 is fine but that extra 10kms just doesnt like it. Offroad its got enough power, im happy with it, and its alot cheaper on fuel, so i like it :D, but ye its just highway driving.

azasjeep
09-12-08, 01:35 PM
ID try just a cheap cat back exhaust if thats the case should free it up a little bit and not break the bank, shop around no need for a mandrel bent system so you should be able to do it for around 300-400 bucks at the most.