PDA

View Full Version : Airr conditioner

Lee
07-01-09, 02:42 PM
Can anyone please help, I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee and I have just had a quote from Jeep to repair my Air conditioner $2600. Does anyone know of a repair shop who could fix this in Sydney? Thank you

Steve F
07-01-09, 02:51 PM
What's the problem with it?

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
07-01-09, 02:54 PM
Is it a Limited and you have a blend door failure?

Lee
07-01-09, 02:57 PM
I have requested a full report which will probably cost me another thousand but they have informed me that it is the blend door and somthing else ... waitinmg on the detail. Just hurts to hand over $2600 for some air.

Cpage66
07-01-09, 02:58 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-HeaterTreater-blend-door-heater-fix_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33545QQihZ017QQitem Z270304731494

The best blend door repair on the market right now...

Lee
07-01-09, 03:06 PM
They have just called back it is a;

Blend door
reset dorr
receiver drier

I am sure I could get the parts but getting someone to fit them is the key???

I appreciate your assistance here and thank you for the link.

Cpage66
07-01-09, 03:16 PM
They have just called back it is a;

Blend door
reset dorr
receiver drier

I am sure I could get the parts but getting someone to fit them is the key???

I appreciate your assistance here and thank you for the link.

I would send these guys in the link a detailed question list about what's been diagnosed and what they have available. I know they have kits to fix the blend door and the receiver door...the dryer is another matter. Locally, I would try Jeeeparts up in Hervey Bay,Qld, Mascot Motors in Nowra, or Suburban Imports here in Sydney. (Not to be confused with the old Suburban ARB) for the dryer.
They themselves recommend doing it yourself and I know a couple of people in the States who have done it with no problems. The main thing I would ask them is the difference between left hand and right hand drive dashes and the access needed to repair...

Lee
07-01-09, 03:52 PM
I am not comfortable doing it myself as the whole dash needs to come out.

I will keep looking for someone who can do this work for me.

Thank you very much for your assistance here, I just wish I found this awesome sight years ago. I could have saved myself thousands not to mention knowledge.

Great site!

Cpage66
07-01-09, 03:55 PM
What suburb are you in??

Lee
07-01-09, 04:03 PM
I am on the North Shore.

Cpage66
07-01-09, 04:08 PM
I know a guy and he works on my Grand...but he's over in Lakemba.
We've got some folks around your neck of the woods on here who might be able to recommend someone a bit closer to you...Have you called David Woodley at Wooder's Garage?? Good guy to know. He doesn't run a repair shop per se' but he carries Jeep parts (more suspension related and upgrade related) and he has an pretty extensive knowledge of most things Jeep.

Lee
07-01-09, 04:17 PM
I will drive to Lakemba if needed, I will drive to perth if needed, I just will not pay Jeep $2600 to fix it out of principal.

I love my Jeep but these costs just make me think why, and I will not let them make me sell it, I will work around this rediculous costs.

Cpage66
07-01-09, 04:27 PM
I will drive to Lakemba if needed, I will drive to perth if needed, I just will not pay Jeep $2600 to fix it out of principal.

I love my Jeep but these costs just make me think why, and I will not let them make me sell it, I will work around this rediculous costs.

PM sent...

Lee
09-01-09, 07:53 PM
After 2 days on the net I have found out that the blend doors need replacing as they go faulty. Grrrrrr

Has anyone completed this work via the glove box?

Cpage66
09-01-09, 11:17 PM
After 2 days on the net I have found out that the blend doors need replacing as they go faulty. Grrrrrr

Has anyone completed this work via the glove box?

That's why I suggested you email the people selling the blend door kit if they knew of the access differences between left hand and right hand models.
Blend doors and dash tweeters...problem city!

MRGC
26-01-09, 01:16 AM
Here you go, try this
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65313&highlight=write+up+doors