PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to AJOR?

casey
06-02-09, 11:25 PM
So, JimmyB is cashing in his chips and selling the farm.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84081

What do you think will happen to the forum?

Steve F
07-02-09, 12:02 AM
My guess, it wont be bought at all. Does it make any money? I thought it survived on sponsorship and donations but wasn't a money spinner. I dont think there are enough Jeep businesses here for someone to take it over on purely a business case, he'll have to relinquish the reins and just let someone else pick it up and pay the costs. If Jimmy does just let it run its course and doesn't give it away it'll die out (it wont be the first local Jeep forum to do so) and another will spring up in its place. It'll be a shame if it that's the case though.

Gee, that was a bit serious!!!

Cheers
Steve

glend
07-02-09, 06:59 AM
I have to agree with Steve. Online service businesses (that are successful) are rare, if it was selling a product or offered some unique intellectual property (like say precise plans/drawings for the build of Steve's bumpers) then that would be different. I actually think Wooders should buy it, it makes business sense (he's a sponsor already), and it would be a business expense.

casey
07-02-09, 11:35 AM
Most of my work these days is in building online communities, and to get one ready made, with 8000 odd members is something that any company that is serious about building an ongoing relationship with their customers would be fighting hard to get a hold of. These things are hard work to build, and even harder to maintain and GROW.

There are a lot of people in the Jeeping space that would like to own it and have that kind of direct access to a keen customer base. ALthough they would have to tread lightly so to not dilute the AJOR brand with their own.
Its a pity that he didn't decide to sell up a year ago when there was a lot more money around. Would have gotten an awesome price for it then.

Cpage66
07-02-09, 12:03 PM
He is reacting to a very bad situation in his personal life that has just happened. Hopefully, he will sit back and evaluate certain things. I wish he would give this decision some better thought in a couple of weeks when his emotional state is not what it is right now. I think it is a long term mistake for him.
And on a personal side note, I'm actually a bit concerned for his well being and safety right now... :'(

azasjeep
07-02-09, 12:05 PM
Im hoping JB doesnt go through with it, he is a great guy going through a tough time.

Id put my hand up but have no idea how to run or maintain a forum etc.

Hopefully once he gets his head around the situation hes in he will realise its one of the good things in his life.

Maybe all those beeitches who bombard him with complaints etc continually will give him a break for a bit as well.

Wooders
08-02-09, 11:10 PM
JB has been considering selling for a long time now - as far back as 2004 that I can recall.
Yes JB & I have had discussions (before the ennouncement) - but the simple reality is we cannot afford what JB is asking......
Also although there are 8000 members - The reality is the number of active members is considerably lower. Less than 1500 members have made more tha 15 posts.....and a lot of those are spread over the 6 year history of the site.