PDA

View Full Version : For those that went to the 2004 Jambo

Steve F
08-02-09, 12:27 PM
Marysville has been burnt to the ground with 1 building left standing, this was where we stayed the night before Jambo and the town where we went for dinner etc and the show and shine was held. Amazing to think it's all gone!!! Luckily no deaths as the residents went to the main park, where the show and shine was, and managed to escape the flames :)

Cheers
Steve

casey
08-02-09, 02:28 PM
very lucky indeed.
here's a photo of marysville now:
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6476762,00.jpg

ACJ
08-02-09, 02:46 PM
Wow such a shame

Wooders
08-02-09, 11:12 PM
Last I heard they were expecting fatalities - but non offical yet.
Very sad day.
And that was a nice pub :'(

sbadman
09-02-09, 09:14 AM
Holy heck.....

Lots of green still on the surroundign trees too, almost like the fire was targeting the houses. Very sad indeed!

ACJ
09-02-09, 09:58 AM
Holy heck.....

Lots of green still on the surroundign trees too, almost like the fire was targeting the houses. Very sad indeed!

that just gives you an idea of how fast it went through didn' have time to climb the trees

JPLyn
09-02-09, 10:59 AM
Very sad indeed ... very gorgeous little town ... shocking weekend for victoria.

Steve F
09-02-09, 11:20 AM
Last I heard they were expecting fatalities - but non offical yet.
Very sad day.
And that was a nice pub :'(

8 dead in Marysville and another 7 missing as of this morning....... Terrible news, I cant imagine how long it will take for a small community like this to recover........

Maggie
09-02-09, 11:55 AM
Marysville has a special place in my family .. my parents spent their honeymoon at the Guest House and we often used to go there on family holidays when I was a child. a cousin has a timeshare there and was there just 2 weeks ago.
It was a very old town with lots of old buildings and beautiful old trees .. my heart and prayers are with the residents.
Maggie.

Jaffas
09-02-09, 07:46 PM
:( :( :(
Was a lovely town, so sad to hear about such devastation