PDA

View Full Version : Total noob

not4us
02-03-09, 02:15 PM
Hi all,

After years of owning a Disco TDi and not doing any "proper" off-road driving on it I decided to go all for it and last week got delivery of my new pride and joy, a Wrangler JK Unlimited Petrol Auto (pics soon, whenever www.aussiejeepimages.com comes back online).
Before purchasing I've been "lurking" in the www.ausjeepoffroad.com forums as well as here and now that I finally have this baby (still breaking it in) I need to start learning the ropes of off-road driving and, as has been suggested by some people, it's best to do that at clubs like this one among other Jeep enthusiasts like yourselves.
I'll be coming to the next meeting on Wednesday just to get to know some of you and to introduce myself (don't really know what happens at these meetings yet so it'll be a first experience for me) and hopefully to also start arranging my first 4x4 experience.
From what I understand the Menai clean-up runs sound like a good start so I may look into that but I'm open to any suggestions or recommendations.

Cheers,
Jorge

casey
02-03-09, 02:41 PM
Welcome Jorge!

The club is a great way to learn about offroad driving, and what you your Jeep is capable of :)

Yes! Another Unlimited JK, looking forward to seeing it on Wednesday.

jeepthing
02-03-09, 03:02 PM
Welcome! any plans for the JK?

BTW, what does your forum name mean?

Steve F
02-03-09, 04:05 PM
Welcome, look forward to meeting you on Wednesday.

Cheers
Steve

wlublink
02-03-09, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the club, I am sure you will have a lot of fun here!!

Dutchie

not4us
03-03-09, 06:56 AM
Thank you all!

already looking forward to meet some of you tomorrow...

BTW, what does your forum name mean?

It's just the name of my old band back in Spain ;D

not4us
05-03-09, 09:26 AM
Thank you all for what was great experience last night! ;D
I really enjoyed being able to chat about Jeeps and the different trips, events and planning on things to do (that desert trip sounds really tempting...).
I'm definitely becoming a member and already looking forward the next trip to "break-in" the JK and start learning to drive ;)

TK421
05-03-09, 11:37 AM
Now, it's time to get your rig in the mud!

Hoooorayyyyyy!

Xandro

not4us
05-03-09, 01:41 PM
Now, it's time to get your rig in the mud!

Hoooorayyyyyy!

Xandro

Seeing you are so eager, I'll let you wash the rig after I get it in the mud ;D