PDA

View Full Version : Wattagans Sun.15/03/09

stevet
06-03-09, 08:32 PM
A run to the Wattagans:
Meet -- At the old toll/weight station on the Pacific Hwy, Berowra,
Time -- 8.00a.m.
Planned run is along the Powerline run, unless someone knows the area better and suggests another area.
Grade -- "C+/B" but I have not the run for a few years so actual conditions unknown ???
Bring/have own recovery gear(if needed), recovery points F/Rear, CB radio, food/drink of choice.
Post up if you intend to go on the day. Guests are welcome to attend.
Stephen T.

Wolfe
08-03-09, 10:10 AM
i'm interested, thanks

PureCaboose
08-03-09, 02:41 PM
Steve,

I should be able to make it, I will confirm later in the week when I see how much work is still on.

Greg

PureCaboose
11-03-09, 09:12 AM
Steve,

I am a 99% attending, bring a friend from work and the boys so should be a good day.

Greg

TK421
11-03-09, 09:20 AM
But I intend to go next time - I should have noticed this post before making other plans.
Since I am a novice on the dirt, what should I do to prepare for the next trip - sounds like a difficult day out.
TK.

casey
11-03-09, 10:07 AM
as far as recovery gear, just make sure you've got 2 rated shackles and a snatch strap.

Its pretty slippery out there after a bit of rain and with the stock AT tyres will slick up a bit. We've been there a few times and have stock tyres, we got through ok. I guess muddies would have made it easier - but that wouldn't be half as much fun now, would it? ;)

Flatfender
11-03-09, 12:43 PM
I would like to make this one but still trying to identify the cause of overheating - especially on freeway runs so not sure at this stage.
Cheers
Ian W.

sbadman
11-03-09, 09:39 PM
Early start, but I'm interested!

Wolfe
12-03-09, 01:53 AM
where you planning Steve? I know a few tracks but they're more A/B depends on how many newcomers are going to attend i guess

stevet
12-03-09, 07:03 PM
Like I said, I only know the "Power Line" run and the loop back up to the top, if it's still usable/driveable?? plus it's been a few years since I was last there and like you said, it can depend on who's coming on the day....

MRGC
14-03-09, 12:55 AM
Would love to come but already planned to go tuesday.

Wolfe
14-03-09, 04:33 PM
Would love to come but already planned to go tuesday.
big girls blouse

Steve F
14-03-09, 04:55 PM
Wish I could go to this, it's been a while, but I have to keep working on the Jeep so it's ready for Coffs, put the new radiator in today, rear brakes and more tomorrow. Anyway, take lots of pics.

Cheers
Steve

casey
14-03-09, 05:19 PM
i'd love to go, but have to go out with my mates tonight. so def wont be up for an early start tomorrow :P

PureCaboose
14-03-09, 06:53 PM
OK, I am a 100% confirmed attender now. I am bringing one of the girls from work and by two boys. I am not sure of where the meeting bay is, I am coming from the south side of Sydney and allowing 1.5 hrs to find it (leaving home at 06:30) so I should be OK.

Please don't leave without me ;D

My mobile number (if I am late) is 0448 724 474.

Greg

stevet
14-03-09, 07:01 PM
See you there Greg 8)

sbadman
15-03-09, 09:11 PM
And a good day was had by all. Almost, right Greg? :) Looking forward to Wolfe's write up on this one! :D

Steve F
15-03-09, 09:22 PM
So did Wolfe make it all the way through? Got a surprise visit at my place this morning for some quick repairs, looked like it would be Ok but it is Wolfe ;)

Cheers
Steve

Aaronsjeep
15-03-09, 09:56 PM
awesome day, had a blast.. the last hill was good fun :) took a bit of time getting everyone up, but thats the fun part!

thanks for a good sunday trip fellas

PureCaboose
15-03-09, 10:31 PM
An awesome day was had, learnt a few things (as I always do).

A is for adventure, the reason we were there is the first place
B is for BANG, the sound a uni makes when it decied it wants to go back down the fill by itself
C is for challenge, how to get the now rear wheel drive jeep up the last of hell hill
D is for Danger, as my seatbelt would not come back out so I had to winch with no belt on a steep hill
E is for exercise, which we all got running up and down the hill during the winching
F is for friends, who help out no matter what, even when it is raining
G is for girls, because it is OK
H is for homework, what I now need to do to repair my jeep
I is for individual, I just had to pick a different line didn't I
J is for Jeep (duh)
K is for Keep coming back, which I intend to do
L is for limit, which is where the revs were when stuff went BANG
M is for mud, which is all through the car
N is for No, I don't think I should go the easy way
O is for Oops, perhaps I should have gone the easy way
P is for pissed, which i how I intend to be in a few more beers
Q is for Quick, which is how we winched our last vehicle up
R is for rain, what occured in the middle of the recovery
S is for sunshine, which we had for most of the day
T is for teamwork, essential for quick safe recoveries
U is for umbrella, which I forgot was in the car and I could have stayed dry
V is for Virgin, this was my navies first 4wding trip, popped that cherry real good
W is for wankers, who didn't have a clue and then winched earlier that us
X is for XMAS, can Santa bring me a F and R SOLID 60 for the JK, please
Y is for Yes, next time I will think before I act (pfffft, not likely)
Z is for Zooks, who if they eat there veggies will grow up to be jeeps.

Wolfe
15-03-09, 10:34 PM
So did Wolfe make it all the way through? Got a surprise visit at my place this morning for some quick repairs, looked like it would be Ok but it is Wolfe ;)

Cheers
Steve

thanks for the help with the quick repair worked a treat. But one member of todays trip was not so lucky.......... you.ll just have to wait for the trip report...........................................t o be continued

Mitch
15-03-09, 10:35 PM
Any pics???

Maggie
15-03-09, 10:46 PM
Greg, just love your A to Z of todays trip; .. very clever.

Sounds like a great trip .. Bear and I were out in our Jeep but nothing as exciting by the sound of it. We just shared our barbeque lunch with a goanna. Some idiot (guess who!) fed it a raw sausage and it was his friend for life.

Aaronsjeep
16-03-09, 12:03 AM
Took a fair fews pics today

i put 44 up in my gallery (under aaronsjeep) to show some of the wheeling today

PureCaboose
16-03-09, 09:35 AM
I think I like Wolfe's plan better, turn up in a broken Jeep and go home in a working one....

jeepthing
16-03-09, 09:40 AM
Took a fair fews pics today

i put 44 up in my gallery (under aaronsjeep) to show some of the wheeling today

Always amazes me how much that first track you took changes each time I see or drive it. How was the big boggy mud pit at the bottom?

Wooders
16-03-09, 03:08 PM
I think I like Wolfe's plan better, turn up in a broken Jeep and go home in a working one....

CLASSIC :D

sbadman
19-03-09, 12:57 PM
Just added my photos to the gallery, including one of the JK carnage :D