PDA

View Full Version : Air Cleaners for JK Jeeps

Bruce Kerney
15-03-09, 09:21 PM
I'm at it again(And I don't even own a Jeep.....yet.....don't say anything Rebecca).
Looking for better replacement air cleaner filters for the JK which normally retail for $30 ea, 4WD1 has foam elements for $121, apparently better air flow, less restriction. There is also a replacement filter K & N Air Charger for about $500 so for all those watching fuel consumption figures and want their motor to breath easier it might help, don't know how conpatable they are with newly installed Snorkels though.

Steve F
15-03-09, 09:30 PM
Better air flow and less restriction means the potential for larger particles getting through and potentially more wear on the engine. I'd stick with the paper filters, cheap, effective and safe.

In saying all that though if there isn't a lot of dirt road driving etc then foam filters may let the engine squeeze out a little more power with exhaust mods etc. The best mod I've done to improve breathing was a snorkel, cooler intake and no pinging under load, Jeeps get hot under the bonnet.

Cheers
Steve

casey
15-03-09, 09:38 PM
for the price of the air charger, you can get a snorkel with a pre-filter.

Bruce Kerney
16-03-09, 09:53 PM
Ok , this is what I wanted to know. Most times a mate runs the freer flowing filter on the tar as there is no fine dust .... but saying that has to remember to change over when off road to a finer filtration system.....