PDA

View Full Version : Car wash

wlublink
27-04-09, 04:38 PM
You can imagine that after yesterday's adventure in the Watagans my car got really muddy. As I do not have the opportunity to wash my car at home I have to go to a car wash. So this afternoon I went to "Crystal Carwash" on Military Road. The place I always go if my cars needs to be cleaned. It was not very busy and they could start cleaning my car straight away.

When I arrived the guy took my key, look at the car and said: "I really have to charge you $50.00 in stead of the usual $40.00..." I looked at him and laughed. I said: No, I pay $40.00 dollars as I always do and my car is always this dirty... . (And I think $40.00 for a wash and vacuum is alright, but I don't want to pay more.) So he accepted this and I payed the $40.00. About 15 minutes later the same guy comes over to me and says I have to pay more because the car is so dirty. So I want to talk to the manager. The manager was a bit more friendly and he said that this time they won't charge me more, but next time I have to pay at least $60.00, depending on how dirty the car is.....

He explained that it takes them so much more time and effort to clean the car, they just cannot do it for $40.00....

So I sat there drinking my coffee and waiting for my car to be finished. In the mean time I look at all the other cars coming in to be cleaned and compaired to my car, yes mine looks extremely dirty. BUT on the other hand, most of the cars are not dirty at all! So I wonder are those hand car wash companies just used to making money easily or is it me that needs to change my opinion??

When I got home I checked the car and the car wash was not done properly at all. The inside at the back had not been cleaned, my outside mirrors were still covered in mud, there is still mud inside the car were we have our feet and I cannot even see they tried to clean my soft top. I know I should have checked when I left, but they made me wait 55 minutes before I got my car back, so I really wanted to go home.

Anybody else with better experience about car washings??

I justed needed to get this of my chest...

Dutchie

>:( >:( >:(

Cpage66
27-04-09, 04:45 PM
I've actually been asked to leave the Rosehill Carlovers before... ::)

I've got a guy over on the Horsley Drive that I've been going to for awhile now. And he has specifically told me to bring it to him no matter how bad mine is...and I have. He likes a challenge.

glend
27-04-09, 05:04 PM
I didn't hear any complaints from the Morriset Car Wash or the Coffs Mobil Car Wash, and they had huge lumps of mud in every wash bay. The guy at the Coffs Car Wash actually gave me a couple of extra bucks to wash out the bay after I used it. Sounds like the Military Road car wash wants to be a coffee shop for people with clean cars. I know its hard for people without the space to do it themselves. I'd try to find another place to get it done, even if you have to drive further. If you can find the space - I found my Kartcher Pressure Washer to be a great investment.

Maggie
27-04-09, 05:24 PM
Hey Wyanda, you can always use the 55 minutes to drive to the Samarai Road Car Wash and you get a free meal chucked in.

Mags

jeepthing
27-04-09, 05:25 PM
He explained that it takes them so much more time and effort to clean the car, they just cannot do it for $40.00....

you should point out that your jeep is a 2 door short wheelbase with a soft top. about half the surface area of a range rover which they would see plenty of.

apparently theres a carwash cafe on cleveland st that doesn't mind 4wds but I don't know much more than that.

or if you want to do it yourself the only options close to the north shore are wahroonga carlovers or warriewood.

Miraz
27-04-09, 05:41 PM
Hmm...I'm sitting in a car wash at the moment watching them try to get it clean...I've sent it back 3 times so far! And that's after I gave I hosed the really chunky bits off it myself!

When I lived in that area I used to drive up to Carlovers in Dee Why to get the worst of the crud off the car before even attempting to get it properly clean

sbadman
27-04-09, 06:06 PM
I take mine to the local (relatively) self wash, not unlike a car lovers, at Birkshire Park United servo. During the week they have an attendant on that will do the wheels and scrub with a brush while the autowash does it's presoak. When it's really covered in mud I'll hit it with a high pressure hose in one of the self service bays first. Last time I went there after Menai the guy was asking me about my mud tyres :D

In fact this has been the first time I haven't taken it down there after a 4WD trip, high pressure washes don't seem like a good idea right now... ::)

casey
27-04-09, 06:33 PM
dutchie - the Military road Crystal Car Wash's penchant for only wanting to wash cars that were already clean was the reason why we bought our high pressure water cleaner ;)

good on you for giving them a hard time, I used to do it every two weeks and it did get annoying after a while.

wlublink
27-04-09, 07:59 PM
I think it is pretty clear that car washers don't like 4wdrives....Oh well, next time I will definitely take you up on your offer Maggie and then I will have that free dinner too ;) or I try and find a do-it-myself place
If I had the connection for a hose at home I would buy my own, but I don't have that possibility...

Thanks for your comments guys!

Wolfe
28-04-09, 12:26 AM
i took the hairdresser to turramurra carlovers this morning and did it myself. i reckon it came out ok and the attendant didn't even bat an eyelid, in fact he just got buckets of water and washed the mud down the drain

Wolfe
28-04-09, 12:28 AM
heres a thought why don't you girls have a bikini car wash day ;)........ just to help out the club financially of course :o

Steve F
28-04-09, 12:29 AM
i took the hairdresser to turramurra carlovers this morning and did it myself. i reckon it came out ok and the attendant didn't even bat an eyelid, in fact he just got buckets of water and washed the mud down the drain

Never had a problem there either, most of the time not even an attendant :)

Cheers
Steve

Maggie
28-04-09, 08:59 AM
heres a thought why don't you girls have a bikini car wash day ;)........ just to help out the club financially of course :o

you are a funny man Wolfie

jeepthing
28-04-09, 09:27 AM

Never had a problem there either, most of the time not even an attendant :)

Cheers
Steve

yep thats one I meant. During the last day of school holidays or long weekends, I've even seen them a few times have a dedicated 4wd bay. I think they see plenty of muddy/sandy 4wds coming back from up the coast.

azasjeep
28-04-09, 03:42 PM
Hey Dutchie, My tj got many washes at that car wash when i was living on awaba street at balmoral. They are absolutely hopeless and you always find dirty spots not washed properly or runs of dirt appear from between panels because they dont dry them.

Try the ecocarwash on warringah road, he is awesome the manager loves fourbies and made the boys wash mine 3 or 4 times over because he wasnt happy with the job they did. I said its a jeep i dont really care as long as its cleanish but then he got out some paste and scrubbed my hardtop himself.

Top blokes much better than those crystal curries :) at mosman and they only use autoglym at eco so its all good.

Wolfe
28-04-09, 11:02 PM

you are a funny man Wolfie

c'mon Maggie i'm sure you've got a bikini tucked away somewhere, i'll even wear mine if it will help ;D

Maggie
29-04-09, 10:10 AM
I could give you a run for your money I reckon Wolfie, I wasn't a bad sort in a bikini when I wore one.

Maggie

Wolfe
29-04-09, 09:38 PM
I could give you a run for your money I reckon Wolfie, I wasn't a bad sort in a bikini when I wore one.

Maggie

I bet you still would be Maggie, but I doubt I'd be much competition