PDA

View Full Version : 4WD Clubs Expo - May 24, 2009

Dave
01-05-09, 01:36 PM
Remember the 4WD Clubs Expo is coming up - Penrith Museum of Fire on 24 May.

We going?

Dave

Maggie
01-05-09, 02:05 PM
Yes we are Dave .. are you going to join us on the day. You have reminded me I must chase Bec and Casey for some picture boards.

Maggie

Dave
01-05-09, 02:09 PM
I'll be there. Was a really good day last year!

Dave.

jenko
01-05-09, 04:12 PM
I'll put my hand up for that

Heidi
05-05-09, 03:28 PM
These are the trophies on offer:

Best Club Display
Best Competition Vehicle
Best Touring Vehicle
Most Unique Vehicle
Shiniest Vehicle
Best AWD
Ramp Champ under 33" tyres
Ramp Champ over 33" tyres

judging will be done by 4WD TV host Simon.

sbadman
05-05-09, 05:59 PM
I'll come along if the jeep's out of the shop by then!

Cpage66
05-05-09, 06:04 PM
These are the trophies on offer:

Best Club Display
Best Competition Vehicle
Best Touring Vehicle
Most Unique Vehicle
Shiniest Vehicle
Best AWD
Ramp Champ under 33" tyres
Ramp Champ over 33" tyres

judging will be done by 4WD TV host Simon.

May have to put my little tyres on then... ;D

TRBN8R
05-05-09, 06:08 PM
Hi
Count me in. I need to get some stuff for my jeep.

Mani

ACJ
05-05-09, 07:11 PM
Im in as it's only 10min away from home

jenko
08-05-09, 10:50 AM
Where are we meeting and what time.

TRBN8R
08-05-09, 04:06 PM
Hi

Sorry gotta pull the pin, Rosters could not give me the days off.

My apologies again

Manmeet

Steve F
11-05-09, 12:10 AM
Penrith Maccas for meeting place? Not sure if I can make it yet but how about a 7:30am meeting time so we can possibly get a better spot than last year?

Cheers
Steve

Heidi
11-05-09, 12:31 PM
Steve

Brian and I are going on Saturday lunch to do the 1st part of the risk assessment do you want a spot set a side for Sydney Jeep? Any preferences?

Steve F
11-05-09, 01:06 PM
Steve

Brian and I are going on Saturday lunch to do the 1st part of the risk assessment do you want a spot set a side for Sydney Jeep? Any preferences?

That'd be great, don't mind where just not tucked in the back corner like we were last year ;)

Cheers
Steve

Dave
11-05-09, 05:03 PM
See you 7.30am (for breakfast?) at Penrith Maccas - like last year.

If Steve can't come, who has the club banner, shade / gazebo etc?

I can bring 2 camping tables if needed - don't forget your own chairs and possibly own food and drink.

Dave

jenko
11-05-09, 05:59 PM
Cool see you there at penrith league macca.
Dave, i think they are running a kiosk at the Expo

Steve F
11-05-09, 06:12 PM
See you 7.30am (for breakfast?) at Penrith Maccas - like last year.

If Steve can't come, who has the club banner, shade / gazebo etc?

I can bring 2 camping tables if needed - don't forget your own chairs and possibly own food and drink.

Dave

I will bring the banner to the ramp day this weekend, I'll probably come out to the expo but wont put the Jeep on show as I wont be there for that long if I do come.

Cheers
Steve

Heidi
11-05-09, 06:20 PM
Rotary will be there again selling food and drinks.

there is also supposed to be a slushy machine as well

Jumping castle to keep the kids occupied

All cars must be in place by 9am, and stay in place till 4pm. If the two cars selected for the ramp are in the display they need to be near the front of your display to minimise movements around the site.

Dave
11-05-09, 06:23 PM
Excellent! I'll buy there, but some last year preferred picnic.

Dave

Maggie
11-05-09, 10:19 PM
We can bring our camping table which has an umbrella if we don't have a shade gazebo, but we need to tie the banner to something??? We used the gazebo last year.

Maggie

Dave
12-05-09, 11:43 AM
Yes, I'm sure that Steve had it last year, lets hope he still does and will bring it with the banner this weekend?

dave

Steve F
12-05-09, 12:18 PM
Wasn't a club one last year, we don't currently own one. If I can find it I'll bring it along this weekend to the ramp day and I'll get it back at the next meeting or soemthing like that, currently no idea where it is though :(

Cheers
Steve

Dave
12-05-09, 08:24 PM
D'oh, sorry. We did have some sort of roof - possibly privately owned?? We tied the banner between it and my roof rail. A very good thing to have!

Dave

jenko
13-05-09, 03:48 PM
Steve i thought the club was going to buy a marquee.

Bear
20-05-09, 05:36 PM
Penrith Maccas for meeting place? Not sure if I can make it yet but how about a 7:30am meeting time so we can possibly get a better spot than last year?

Cheers
Steve

Please advise if you intend to be in attendance on the SJC stand on Sunday so we do not hang around waiting for you. Maggie and I will be at Maccas Penrith around 7.30 but we will have to leave Maccas by 8.15 to get into Museum of Fire to get a good spot.
Latecomers please go straight to the venue, Castlereagh Road, Penrith and keep in mind all vehicles have to be in place before the public are admitted at 9.00 a.m.
Hopefully we can put on a good show of different model Jeeps to encourage new members.
If anyone has an easily erectable marquee, please bring it.

Bear.

sbadman
20-05-09, 07:10 PM
Please advise if you intend to be in attendance on the SJC stand on Sunday so we do not hang around waiting for you.

Bear.

Will be there tucking into a hearty breakfast!

stevet
20-05-09, 10:13 PM
Will be there 8)

Dave
21-05-09, 02:26 PM
I will be there at 7.30! Not often I have an excuse for brekky at Maccas.

I don't have a marquee, but I can bring a couple of fly sheets and tent poles - we could arrange something between vehicles and poles if there are no better options.

See you there,

Dave

Cpage66
21-05-09, 02:52 PM
Should be there by 0730...

Maggie
21-05-09, 03:14 PM
I will be there at 7.30! Not often I have an excuse for brekky at Maccas.

I don't have a marquee, but I can bring a couple of fly sheets and tent poles - we could arrange something between vehicles and poles if there are no better options.

See you there,

Dave

thanks Dave, I think that may be the go .. I am printing some photos off and taping them to a big canvas, so if you have interesting pics please bring them too and we can add them to mine.

ACJ
21-05-09, 10:29 PM
I should be there providing I finish work on another cj on saturday
otherwise no fun for me :'(

glend
22-05-09, 12:38 AM
I'll come by in the morning, but can't stay around for the day (so the KJ will be outside).

sbadman
22-05-09, 10:29 AM
I might even bring my servicing ramps a long, give something to show :)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4920/frontstuffed.th.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frontstuffed.jpg)

Maggie
24-05-09, 06:20 PM
Have just returned from Penrith at the 4WD Expo .. very good day, lots of interest and many enquiries. we had a great spot this year, right in the middle. Two of our vehicles did the ramp, Scott and Chris and we had a WINNER .. YEP, CHRIS TOOK THE TROPHY. Congratulations Chris.
Many thanks to the 4wd assoc. for lending us a marquee and all our helpers. We had Bear and myself, Scott, Dave Grime, Chris and Rob Jenkins on site all day. We then had visits from Alan Smith and Glen Davis, Casey and Rebecca (thanks for the photos Bec). Later in the day Mark and Lyn and Steve Taylor also called in to say hello. Ken (Hoppy) also paid us a visit.
Of course Heidi and Brian were between Clubs with the Subaru Club next door and we have them to thank for our top spot.
Hope I didn't miss anybody .. good day and the Jeep Gods were kind with the weather.
I took a couple of photos of Chris on the ramp,will send them to Bec for the magazine.

Maggie

ACJ
24-05-09, 06:30 PM
Congrats Chris
I new I should have stayed longer
It was good to catch up with you all again
Cheers Allan

sbadman
24-05-09, 06:41 PM
Was a good day! My "Flow Thru Ventilation" mod seemed to draw some interest, as did, I believe, a pair of Jeeps going on the ramp. Bet the NisOta boys weren't so happy after the presentations though, well done to Chris for putting them in their place, and with his big tyres on too!

Lets not forget the 4WD Association for lending us the Marquee for the day for the few times the sun did emerge :)

Steve F
24-05-09, 07:01 PM
Sounds like a good day for the club, especially Chris :) Nice one guys.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
24-05-09, 07:43 PM
Scored 1028 today...I always enjoy the puzzled looks and blank stares... ??? ??? :o >:( :'(

casey
24-05-09, 08:12 PM
nice work Chris!

PONYKID
25-05-09, 12:44 AM
Good on ya Chris! You've done SJC proud I am sure.

PS. I should say it was nice to meet some of you (and some of you again), and in case anyone was wondering, I am Scott's missus.

Heidi
25-05-09, 10:12 AM
Glad you liked the spot!

It was great to see so many clubs there!

JPLyn
25-05-09, 11:28 AM
Congrats Chris!! Excellent stuff ..

Even in the short time Mark and I could be there there were at least 2 queries about the club - good stuff!

casey
25-05-09, 02:36 PM
i sold about 3 Unlimited JK's to prospective members when I was there. Rubicons too!

jeepthing
25-05-09, 02:44 PM
i sold about 3 Unlimited JK's to prospective members when I was there. Rubicons too!

nice work casey. any commission off Jeep? maybe in the form of a marquee? ;) I also know someone trying to sell a zj if you could please work on that ;D

sir_camel
25-05-09, 04:08 PM
nice I also know someone trying to sell a zj if you could please work on that ;D

I'll give your $3000! :)

jeepthing
25-05-09, 07:22 PM
haha very good camel! :D