PDA

View Full Version : Menai Clean-up Saturday 27/06/09**Cancelled Due To Rain**

stevet
15-06-09, 04:56 PM
Those wanting to attend-
Meet - @ Gate No.6, Heathcote road, Menai,
Time - 8.30a.m, sign-in by 9.00a.m,
Bring/Wear - Decent shoes/boots, gloves, have own recovery gear, F/R recovery points, CB, food/drink of choice, camera/video..
Participation at a Menai clean-up will give you 12 months access rights to use the tracks there on "official" club runs held there.
Further info -- Stephen T., Mob. No. 0412)707903.
Post up your intent to attend the clean-up....
***** Those attending,- Casey G.,
Scott B.,
Veronica H.,
Stephen T.
This could be you :o ??? :)*****
**** Sorry folk's, just got the email that the Clean-up at Menai tomorrow-Sat. 28/06/09 has been cancelled due to the tracks not having enough time to "dry out" from the recent rain... The next Menai clean-up is on Sunday 26/07/09.****

casey
15-06-09, 05:22 PM
I'll be there

sbadman
15-06-09, 06:17 PM
I'm in

CraigB
15-06-09, 08:19 PM
Put me down please.

BlakJaK
16-06-09, 10:01 AM
Hi Guys,

Newbie Ash here. Still in Europe, won't be back in time, but would love to know the significance of Menai "clean-up"?

Cheers

casey
16-06-09, 10:47 AM
in exchange for being allowed to drive on the land, the land owners ask for us to clean up any rubbish around the place for about 30 minutes at the start of our trip.

everyone gets a shopping bag to collect old bottles, wire, cans etc. then gets their name ticked off on the register.

PureCaboose
16-06-09, 11:45 AM
damn, I'm on boat duty for the coast guard on this day....have a good clean up guys.

vhdzine
20-06-09, 10:55 AM
I m in!

TRBN8R
20-06-09, 06:01 PM
Hi Steve
Count me in

cheers
Mani

Rego: BIX63H

CraigB
24-06-09, 09:28 PM
Apologies,
Will not be able to attend the next Menai cleanup, or any other trip for the next three weeks. My Wrangler's injury wont be fixed till then. Looking forward to my next day out with the club - great people.
Cya soon
CRB

casey
25-06-09, 10:39 AM
Thats no good.
What happened to it Craig?

TRBN8R
25-06-09, 11:08 AM
Hi Steve T,
Sorry i will have to pull out rosters cant afford to give me a day off on 27th.

Cheers
Mani

stevet
25-06-09, 09:16 PM
Anyone else interested....... ::) :)

JK_Dolf
25-06-09, 10:47 PM
Put me down as a maybe... If I've got nothing on with my Brigade, I'll be there!

Give these new tyres a workout!

sbadman
26-06-09, 11:21 AM
At this stage I'll be lucky if I get out of work with enough time to pick the Jeep up from the panel shop, so I could be a last minute drop out...

Got the Jeep, I'll be there :)

CraigB
26-06-09, 09:34 PM
At the base of the last hill, near the minor water feature I felt the Wrangler steering 'grate' (for absence of a better term). Up top, Scotty noticed my swaybar was inverted. Thanks to Scotty, Greg, Steve and my days inspiration - Wolf - the vehicle was jacked up and we saw that not only was the swaybar just not right, but the drivers side linkage was bent AND twisted. So Greg amputated the item, using Wolfs gear.
Haha, best part is on the final climb, without the bar and also wounded, my Jeep performed faultlesy. Worst part is, I gotta get it fixed.
So Wooders are sending me JKS swaybar disconnects.

Thats gonna be sweet.

BUT....

Anyone with a JK that wants to get it lifted, ensure when you do, you get either extended linkages, or swaybar disconnects to suit the lift height. I didn't do it at the time - lesson learned.

Wont stop me from flooring the accelerator up a hill though, once I'm back in action. Have a good day out Menai people, will see you there another time.

stevet
26-06-09, 09:56 PM
Sorry folk's, tomorrow's clean-up at Menai has been cancelled due the tracks not drying out enough in time to allow usage this weekend ::).
The next Menai clean-up will be on Sunday 26/07/09, weather permitting ::).
Stephen T.

casey
26-06-09, 11:40 PM
Anyone interested in a trip to zigzag?
My stepdad came to Sydney from melbourne to do some 4wding this weekend - now there is no trip :P

casey
27-06-09, 10:19 AM
We're leaving for zig zag now if any one is interested, should be going through richmond at about 10.15 - get to zig zag at 11.15.

will be on ch 15 once we're up there - although my radio is just a handheld so hasn't got great range. we will just be doing bells line of road.

vhdzine
27-06-09, 01:57 PM
Bugger Casey, if I had of known earlier I would have been in for Zig Zag..... :-[

Oh well next time.

V

Veronica H

CraigB
27-06-09, 08:48 PM
One way or the other, I'm in for Sunday 260709 cleanup, please put me on the list n-o-w, ;D

CRB

casey
27-06-09, 09:42 PM
we had a good day out at zigzag.

met up with some members of the blue mountains 4wd club who had gone to menai and since it was cancelled, also decided to take a trip up there.
tagged along with them and went on a few new tracks that i'd never been on before. they were just doing C grade stuff, so it was pretty tame.