PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Bylong 18--19/07/2009

Bear
02-07-09, 10:15 AM
The landowner will be opening the property from Friday 17/07/2009 for the w/end. The object is to continue work on the amenities and to further track development that was started on Queens b/day w/end.

If any SJC members are interested please post up ASAP so that I can advise the owner who and how many are going.

Be advised Maggie and Bear will not be attending this trip.

Bear

PONYKID
02-07-09, 01:48 PM
One cold weekend at Bylong was enough for me sorry, but I can't wait to get out there come summertime.

sbadman
02-07-09, 01:57 PM
As one of the owners nominated track builders I'm keen :)

Hopefully the current lot of dramas with the Jeep will be over then!

wlublink
03-07-09, 09:50 AM
Hi all,

You know I love it out there, but this time I will be in The Netherlands visiting my friends and family. But have a lot of fun and hopefully dutchies dunes will be up and running again !!

Dutchie

TRBN8R
04-07-09, 12:19 AM
Hi
Is it possible to join up on Sunday morning like we did on lake lyall
Mani

sbadman
05-07-09, 11:18 AM
Is it possible to join up on Sunday morning like we did on lake lyall
Mani

Hi Mani,

I'm only speaking from my point of view, and certainly don't represent the propertys owner. The property is about 4 hours drive and access is via a few other properties, which for me personally is a bit much for a day trip as you'd spend more time getting there as you would being there!

My understanding of this weekend from Bear's explaination at the meeting is that it's a working bee. The owner has been developing the main camping ground, putting in a shelter, toilet/shower block, etc, that was started on the long weekend. The weekend of the 18/19 will be continuing that work. It will be a great facility when it's finished!

If you're still keen to come out on the Sunday I'm sure the owner would be accommadating, but we don't want you to be disappointed at the lack of recreational wheeling that will be done that weekend.

We can guarantee though that when the time is right, you will have a blast there :)

Dave
06-07-09, 09:47 AM
D'oh,

The wrong weekend! If the trip was 24 - 26 July I'd be in. Unfortunately I will be down in Tumut helping my parents out. Sorry.

Dave

Maggie
06-07-09, 10:04 AM
Yeh, we would have had a chance if it was the following weekend but I think it would be cold.
Maggie

TRBN8R
06-07-09, 10:51 AM
Hi
Thanks Bear and Sbadman i get the point. I will Definitely join the next trip there in the summer for the weekend. I work on most weekends so i will have to arrange the days off in advance.

Cheers
Mani

Bear
07-07-09, 10:03 AM
Our friendly land owner has requested that I provide him with a definite list of SJC members who are going up to assist with the working bee by Fri 10/07. He also needs to know what day you propose to go up, Fri 17/07 or Sat 18/07.

Bear.

sbadman
07-07-09, 11:18 AM
He also needs to know what day you propose to go up, Fri 17/07 or Sat 18/07.

Bear.

I'll be working in Botany on the Friday, so Saturday works best for me, especially since I figure the neighbours won't want vehicles coming through their properties at 10pm or later!

Scott

stevet
07-07-09, 04:46 PM
Put me down for a Saturday arrival Bear :)....

Bruce Kerney
20-07-09, 02:12 PM
Once again thanks to Steve and Scott for visiting on weekend, your attendance and cooperation was much appreciated. The mixing of Jeep with Zone and Rare Breed Clubs was good to see, with the Camp shelter now extended and the old section reroofed, new tracks started, and flood debris and rotten timber being burnt it really is cleaning the place up.
The night drives are getting better, we just have to keep the pet wombat catching under our hats.... and again hope all appreciated the work Paul put into mowing campground. Looking forward to any visitors in October when it gets a bit warmer, where were those that complained about the heat in January.....beautiful white frosts...
PS Wolfie hope the truck is getting fixed and Dave missed your stunt driving skills.
Bruce