PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Wheeney Creek Sun 12/07/09

Bear
03-07-09, 11:53 AM
Marcus from TJM has agreed to act as guide for this trip.
Usual requirements recovery gear, radios etc. lunch camera.

Meet at Maccas Richmond at 0800hrs on the road by 0830hrs.

Please post up if you are interested, numbers are limited so first come first served.

Bear

Bear
03-07-09, 11:55 AM
Maggie and Bear would like to be included

TRBN8R
03-07-09, 11:58 AM
I wanted to go, Would have been my first trip with Bear and Marcus but unfortunately i am working on the 12th. Have a day off on the 19th if there is another trip going some where.

Cheers
Mani

sbadman
03-07-09, 12:55 PM
Very interested, but it will likely come down to if I have the Jeep or not! (Goes into the AAMI assessment centre on Thursday).

Make me tentative?

SteveC
03-07-09, 03:54 PM
Next Sunday. hmmm I'm interested.
were is this place?

stevet
03-07-09, 05:29 PM
Put my name down thank's :)....

vhdzine
03-07-09, 08:43 PM
I'm interested.

Veronica

Bear
04-07-09, 09:04 AM
Going on this trip
Marcus L
Bear
Scott B. ?
Steve T
Steve C
Veronica H
JK Dolf
Wolfe
The trip is now fully booked.

Bear
ps. If you are running late ring me 0412 397 264

sbadman
04-07-09, 10:40 AM
Got a bit more clarification from the repairers yesterday, and it looks like I'll still have the Jeep that weekend, they don't actually take it on Thursday. Lock me in :)

JK_Dolf
04-07-09, 02:32 PM
Looks like I might have missed the boat... happy to sit on a Reserve List?

Bear
04-07-09, 02:43 PM
Looks like I might have missed the boat... happy to sit on a Reserve List?
Your'e in the list is now closed

vhdzine
04-07-09, 08:11 PM
Hey Bear,

Got any links on this place to check it out beforehand?
Hows a standard Rubi go on this route?

Veronica
;D

casey
05-07-09, 08:42 AM
I'm out.

Bear
05-07-09, 09:32 AM
The trip is full,anyone else that nominates will be placed on the reserve list.
Any enquiries please ring me on 0412 397 264.

Bear.

PONYKID
06-07-09, 12:54 AM
I'm overdue for a 4WD outing.
Might have to chuck a sickie I think...

PONYKID
11-07-09, 12:26 PM
Is this still happening despite the recent rain?

Bear
11-07-09, 01:49 PM
The trip is still on. If it proves too difficult we will abort and go and play at Zig Zag

Bear

Wolfe
12-07-09, 12:39 AM
I thought i'd ironed out death wobble issue today but just managed to make it worse, I'm going to try again in the morning but I may be out. I'll ring bear in morning. Anyone got a spare seat?

stevet
12-07-09, 12:49 AM
Always Wolfe. Can you get a ride to Blacktown or Richmond?? Let me know...

Wolfe
12-07-09, 12:52 AM
thanks mate I'll get out to richmond

sbadman
12-07-09, 08:04 AM
Looks like you'll have your choice of spare seats :) At least the Richmond station is next door to Maccas :D

sbadman
12-07-09, 06:18 PM
Had a great day, weather cleared up nicely, there was no breakages and with a good selection of lines to take on each challenge we didn't even need to break out recovery gear!

Hope Maggie is feeling better, and good to see you made your way out ok SteveC. With some mud terrains and a small lift you'll be suprised where you can go :)

And of course thanks to Marcus for showing us the track, and for the lend of the air compressor at the end (and of course to Maggie and Bear for the lend of theirs at the beginning when I let out a couple of PSI too many!)

And despite being the last to McDonalds, because Marcus was a guest, I'm off to do a trip report now.... :D

SteveC
12-07-09, 06:45 PM
Well I'd thought I'd give my 2 cents worth, now that I just got back around 4pm. 6 of us met at maccas in Richmond around 8am and we we left around 8;30 lead by marcus who did an excellent guided trip. Calm and new exactly what was coming up. What I liked also is it's not too far from Sydney before you head on to the track. I can not give a full report as I turned home about half way as the grand was not really up to it with just a moderate lift and AT's. In saying that we all managed to tackle some serious ledges on the tracks with ease except once when me when I hung up once (that is once!) balancing on the transmision guard. A bit of persuave accelleration and Steve T's encouragement got me over with a bang here and and scrape there. Ohh it sounds bad...We certainly needed some rock/track building to get over the more tougher sections. The others all managed to get up what I considered to be some serious rock steps, well at least to me. It would have to be the toughest track I've tackled. On occasions I was really surprised on how easy the others got up some ledges. Coming back on my own was a challenge even though it was easier going down but I need to get out each 10 or so metres to guage the next drop off. The only scary part was the last step up before the easy drive home. I packed a few rocks and I looked and looked at the best line. Got hung up severly with what I thought would have me waiting for rescue but I can not understand how I managed it after 10 minutes of swearing and reverse etc. Just shows what can easily happen.
I really enjoyed it even though I might not have shown it on my face. I was just lacking that extra bit of clearence.
I got to say thanks for the help and Patience of all on the trip. We all ensured the safest but not necessarily the easiest line was taken. Special thanks to Steve T, Marcus, Veronica (low that traction control) & Scott. If your asking about Bear and maggie, - they started off with us but apparently Maggies was unwell and turned around early in the day.
I would highly recommend it to any one who likes a challenge but make sure you have some extra clearance and a friend along The weather was really good for this time of year.
Ps I hope I havn't rattled on too much. Thanks guys

vhdzine
12-07-09, 08:33 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for an awesome day! :D The weather was perfect as well which was great!

No breakages this time, besides some bruises on me for the spill down the rock climb!! All good though!!

I am playing with some of the pics - removing the number plate ID etc....have started uploading the good shots of wheels off the ground etc - check out the link on flikr.... more to come...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38319538@N08/

Pity Scott didnt get the shot of Rubi hi-5'ing (wheels in the air!)...

V
;D ;D ;D

SteveC
12-07-09, 08:55 PM
Those photos are good. excellent

Wolfe
12-07-09, 09:02 PM
great photo's guys. I'm sorry I missed out on this trip,maye next time. I ended up spending most of the day trying to resolve my "death wobble" problem, I changed tyres that helped slightly. Next i changed the track bar diff end bush, that made it better now I can dive at about 50 - 60 before the dw sets in. The passenger side tie rod end seems loose so i'm going to check that next. Pain in the proverbial as it could be a number of things and the only way to resolve it is through a process of elimination. Special thanks to Wooders for being open on a sunday ;D

sir_camel
13-07-09, 01:37 AM
Looks like a great track. Sorry i missed out on doing this one.

marcus
14-07-09, 10:57 AM
Hi all thank you for the great trip on sunday I personally had a great time and met some great people too look forward to another trip soon

stevet
14-07-09, 07:26 PM
Thank's for leading the run Marcus, good fun all round. Thanks also to everyone else on the day, willingly helping out with whatever was needed. Good pic's too 8)
Casey, I think you will enjoy this track. We did not go completely to the end of the track before we turned around and headed home......

casey
14-07-09, 08:24 PM
cool. i saw veronica's map of the track, so we can head out there again one day :)

JK_Dolf
14-07-09, 11:01 PM
Looks like I missed a great day! Apologies for the no show.. been down with a nasty bout of the flu for the best part of last week, and still haven't kicked it quite yet.

Catch you on the next one.

Cheers,
Dolf.

sbadman
15-08-09, 11:49 AM
I've today finally uploaded my photos from this trip in the Gallery (I know I'm slack!)

And below for Steve C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thSzR6k3Qlo

SteveC
15-08-09, 04:20 PM
wow, great video but I only liked the end bit where I got over!!!! It should do better next time as I now have larger MT tyres