PDA

View Full Version : Combined Sydney Region trip 16-18 Oct

Heidi
31-07-09, 09:35 PM
The Sydney region clubs in the 4wd Association are having a combined weekend at Rydal Showground on 16th-18th October.

Camping will be at the showground and there are toilets available.

Cost is $20 per car with any proceeds going to the Kidney Research Centre.

There will be a variety of day trips so far on they include Tripple Treat (Sunny Corner) Mt Walker, 6 foot track and a trip to the local pub.

If any one is interested in attending please let us know.
Heidi and Brian

glend
01-08-09, 04:48 PM
Sorry to be ignorant Heidi, but what is the Tripple Treat, Sunny Corner, etc? I thought the Six Foot Track was a bush walking track? The pub I understand. I haven't been out that way before.

Heidi
02-08-09, 08:20 PM
Sorry been down the snow..

There is a section on the 6 foot track that you can drive on, and we will probably spend some time in jeneolan state forrest as well, the tracks we do will depend on what cars do our trip.

Tripple Treat - is being run by the Landrover club. Sunny Corner is the opposite side to Rydall..Turon National Park. It is a rather long hill climb that has three options (easy medium and hard). After talking to the guy who will be running the trip we have actually been on two of the tracks..Brian choose the hardest option and we then spent some 5 hours winching his jeep up the track. (his exhaust is still probably on the side of the track)

There are still some trip leaders yet to submit their trip locations but some of the tracks being talked about where at Newnes, including Spanish Steps, and maybe Mt Airley.

Dave
05-08-09, 10:21 AM
Have to put myself down as a maybe for this one. Sounds good - and last weekend of school holidays, but I will just be back from the Mallee and not sure what condition I'll be in.

Dave

Heidi
31-08-09, 03:05 PM
Mt Airley is definetely on offer now and will be run by Dust and Dirt who are also going to run a trivia night on the Saturday

easy_rider
24-09-09, 11:32 PM
I am interested, love that area.

Martin

Heidi
25-09-09, 12:39 AM
This is the track Brian and I will be doing on the Saturday afternoon. The morning will be pretty easy though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VNf0NC_XEM

tonysrich
08-10-09, 01:13 PM
I will definately go on this trip if Jeep get my car fitted out by then.
Where exactly are the Rydal Showgrounds? What town is it in?

Steve F
08-10-09, 02:40 PM
I will definately go on this trip if Jeep get my car fitted out by then.
Where exactly are the Rydal Showgrounds? What town is it in?

Rydal Showground is in Rydal ;) Just west of Lithgow, only 20 minutes or so.

Cheers
Steve

tonysrich
08-10-09, 03:42 PM
What is the latest I can book for this?
I won't know whats happening with my Jeep till around the middle of next week.

Heidi
09-10-09, 02:17 AM
You can still book in next week no problems.

To get to Rydal turn left just before Lithgow at the Shell (coles) servo and at the end of that road turn right. The town is pretty small and the show grounds are behind the buildings on the right hand side, just after the pub.

MRGC
10-10-09, 05:44 AM
This is the track Brian and I will be doing on the Saturday afternoon. The morning will be pretty easy though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VNf0NC_XEM

what track is this called, been jenolan but did come accross this track.

Heidi
11-10-09, 08:28 PM
Not sure the name of the fire trail it is the first track on the right heading towards Jenolan Caves Road on the 6 foot track after the trig point.

It was pretty wet today up there so did not want to risk going down on our own and getting stuck.

tonysrich
12-10-09, 02:11 AM
OK Heidi, I'm in. How do I go about booking? I suppose that I'll recieve all this info when I book but I'm trying to organise the weekend so if you don't mind telling me, when will you have to put your name down for which trip you want to do, Friday night or Saturday morning? And what time do the trips start on Saturday?

Thanks Heidi

Heidi
12-10-09, 10:23 AM
Brian and I are heading up Friday afternoon, hopefully by 3pm from Granville.

Trip sheets will be available from Friday evening.

9am departure for most trips - except Zig Zag which will be earlier. (I will PM details if thats the trip you want to do)

And ours which will be 9:30am

If you want your name on a specific trip let me know and I can add it.

We will be on Channel 15 and there is mobile coverage - 043 8989 793

As you come into Lithgow from Mt Vic take the Lake Lyell turn off at the Shell/Coles servo. Follow this to the end of the road. Turn Right heading towards Rydal. After the Pub there is a street on the right (Market St) and it is sign posed Showgrounds. Follow this through to the showgrounds where we will be camping.

There are no shops at Rydal - only the pub.

If possible have a full tank.