PDA

View Full Version : SJC Trip #4 to Bylong

Bear
05-08-09, 11:20 AM
Our friendly land owner has invited SJC up to his property for the October long w/end 02---05/10/2009.

If you want a relaxing w/end Jeeping and camping post up and come and join us.

We will meet at Maccas Richmond 0800hrs Fri 02/10/09 and convoy from there.
Those of you that can't make the Friday convoy can come up Sat.

You will need to bring drinking water, there is water available for washing up etc. bring food for the duration of your stay.
There is some food,ice, milk obtainable from the Bylong store.

When you post up pm me the following details, Type of Jeep,rego number,number of persons in your vehicle.

If you require any more information ring me on 0412 397 264

Bear

sbadman
05-08-09, 12:06 PM
I'm in :)

Will know closer to date if I'll be doing the Friday or Saturday convoy, as well as numbers of Jeepers :)

Steve F
05-08-09, 12:10 PM
I'm keen but wont know for sure for a little longer yet, Willowglen is also on that weekend and was thinking of heading down to that.

Cheers
Steve

TRBN8R
09-08-09, 10:51 PM
Count me in on this one please. Already booked with the rosters for the days off. Just gotta buy some camping gear.

Cheers
Many

Bruce Kerney
10-08-09, 08:44 PM
Guys,
With an increasing number of kids coming to the block , can you put your heads together for ideas for a "play area" for them, but something that won't bite me in the arse as the land owner... I was thinking a basketball hoop tyre swing etc, so if anyone has an old B-Ball hoop in the back yard not being used or any other ideas , ...some 1 or 2 inch PVC pipe dub in for a mini putt putt course, mind that would be interesting for the adults after a few drinks....
Oh, and if anone or everyone can bring a milk crate to see how high we can get a stack for something silly to do. See how many turn up we may even get a card night going .... or just sit around camp fire drinking .............
Nulla

Bear
27-08-09, 11:11 AM
The Jeepin camping trip is set for the October long w/end Friday 02/10----Mon 05/10 2009.

So if you are interested in a relaxing w/end of camping with day and night drives on tracks ranging from easy to challenging on 800 acres set in the Bylong valley, please post up ASAP.

When you post please pm me the following info:-

Rego number
Number of persons in your vehicle
Day of travel (Friday/Saturday)
Mobile 'phone no. in case you are running late.

This info is reqired so the land owner can allocate camping space to SJC.
Also he needs to advise his neighbours, as we have to cross 2 properties to get to his farm.

NoteNominations/acceptances will close at 2000hrs 25/09/2009

Bear

wlublink
27-08-09, 07:57 PM
Please put me down for now, hopefully I will have my removal organised so I will be able to join.

Dutchie

Wolfe
27-08-09, 08:03 PM
Bruce ,I got a swing set and some bikes for the kids i'll try to find more stuff. I may need a hand to get some of this stuff up there, so if anyone has space in their trailer I can fill it

PS please put me down for this I wouldn't miss "CARD NITE" for quids

sbadman
27-08-09, 08:13 PM
Stiil keen, still gotta get back to ya on the Friday/Saturday thing :D

TRBN8R
27-08-09, 11:53 PM
Hi Bear

Please count me in. Including my self I will have 2 adults and a 2 year old in my car. Rego is BIX 63H. I will be travelling on Friday.

Cheers
Mani

Maggie
28-08-09, 10:20 AM
Bruce ,I got a swing set and some bikes for the kids i'll try to find more stuff. I may need a hand to get some of this stuff up there, so if anyone has space in their trailer I can fill it

PS please put me down for this I wouldn't miss "CARD NITE" for quids

Wolfe, if we are short of room to get stuff up there, I am thinking of also driving my Corolla up to Kandos which can be used as transport. I will leave it at Bruce's house and transfer to Bruce's trailer. (not me, I will climb in with someone lucky)

Cpage66
29-08-09, 04:12 AM
Rego number-ATK-68V
Number of persons in your vehicle-3
Day of travel (Friday/Saturday)-Friday
Mobile 'phone no. in case you are running late-0409032724

Bruce Kerney
29-08-09, 01:13 PM
If you can campers, can you please throw in drag chains if you have them and a pair of gloves to help move some gear around and do some stick and rock picking to extend the camp area, snatch straps and winch rope will only get damaged.
There is growing interest in a card night so pack a few "Unmarked" decks, yes, Wolfe and Bear I've heard about you guys not being allowed back in Vagas and card counters stay at home.
One of the other clubs is talking of a Milk Crate stacking comp so the challenge is out there for any budding or frustrated architects.
Nulla
PS And yes the wombat hole track has been started with the kind assistance of a local Earth Moving Contractor with the loan of his Excavator and other tracks requiring lockers are being built thanks to Peter and Mark.

CraigB
30-08-09, 08:19 AM
Howdy Bruce,
I'm limited to carrying PVC in 2m lengths. (Got no roof rack). How many metres do you want? Unless someone has an alternative idea: full lengths are 6m.

CRB

sbadman
30-08-09, 10:42 AM
other tracks requiring lockers

I plan to challenge that requirement :D

PONYKID
30-08-09, 08:35 PM
I have my milk crate ready Bruce.

Bear
01-09-09, 08:09 AM
The land owner as suggested we limit the SJC contingent to 12 cars, as we will not be the only club on the property at this time.

So far the nominations for this trip are:-

Maggie H
Scott B
Wyanda L
Stuart G
Chris C
Craig B
Veronica H
James M

So if you want to go post up or miss out.

Bear.

vhdzine
02-09-09, 11:19 PM
I am a maybe for this one Bear! ;)
You have almost convinced me!!

I might have a passenger with me.
Would be on the Saturday convoy...

V

CraigB
03-09-09, 07:59 PM
What other club is going to Bylong?

Bear
03-09-09, 08:52 PM
The information I have from the land owner is that SJC and The Zone 4x4 club have firm bookings at the moment. There could be another club as well, dependant on numbers from the clubs already booked in.

Bear

Jaffas
04-09-09, 07:10 AM
put me down as a tentative maybe... we just trying to sort out some dates, but are keen to come if it doesn't clash with a few other events

CraigB
04-09-09, 08:11 PM
I'm out for this trip.
CRB

CraigB
11-09-09, 08:46 PM
Now I'm back in - had a problem - now resolved. And BTW - I'm planning to hit that 'lockers-only' track, without the lockers.
CraigB

sbadman
11-09-09, 10:30 PM
Confirming for the Saturday convoy now, thanks to having to be in Wagga Wagga all week for work!

Happy to lead the Saturday trip for those that haven't been there before.

vhdzine
11-09-09, 10:38 PM
What time you thinking of leaving Sat Scott?

V

sbadman
11-09-09, 10:42 PM

V

Would like to get away early, meeting at maccas richmond 8am then via bells line normally gets us to bylong by lunchtime. Can rendevous at Lithgow with those that prefer the highway, although IMO you'd be nuts to :)

vhdzine
11-09-09, 10:54 PM
Nah sounds cool by me!

Cpage66
12-09-09, 01:25 AM

V

Would like to get away early, meeting at maccas richmond 8am then via bells line normally gets us to bylong by lunchtime. Can rendevous at Lithgow with those that prefer the highway, although IMO you'd be nuts to :)

I'm nuts...I'll meet ya'll up at the Miner's Lamp say 0930???

sbadman
12-09-09, 08:38 AM
I'm nuts...I'll meet ya'll up at the Miner's Lamp say 0930???

Sounds like a plan!

Bear
15-09-09, 09:17 AM
The club has purchased a new bbq which will be going to Bylong with us and will be available to club members with limited cooking facilities.

The land owner has requested if you have the following equipment could you please bring it with you,drag chains,pruning saws,tree loppers,secateurs, as some of the shrubbery is encroaching on the tracks, and there is aways fire wood to be dragged back to the campsite.

Wolfe
15-09-09, 09:48 AM
The land owner has requested if you have the following equipment could you please bring it with you,drag chains,pruning saws,tree loppers,secateurs, as some of the shrubbery is encroaching on the tracks, and there is aways fire wood to be dragged back to the campsite.

Isn't that how you get custom pin striping?

glend
15-09-09, 09:48 AM
Bear the BBQ is great news. At some point a SJC offroad box trailer is probably going to be required to carry all the 'stuff' (which I think we had some years ago until it disappeared from its storage location).

Bear
16-09-09, 08:37 AM
Just a reminder! Put fly mesh or something similar across your radiator grille to prevent sucking the "cat tail" grass into your radiator and causing overheating problems.

Bear.

TRBN8R
17-09-09, 06:34 AM
Hi Bear
Sorry I have to pull out. Got my new posting orders. And my holidays have been canned due to severe shortage of staff in parramatta jail.

Cheers
Mani

PONYKID
18-09-09, 04:36 PM
I've put in for the Sat-Mon off work, but will all come down to how close my mares are to having their foals.

Jaffas
19-09-09, 04:11 PM
sorry, not going to make this one now...

Bear
22-09-09, 08:29 AM
Starters for this trip:-

Convoy #1 Friday 02/10 Convoy #2 Saturday 03/10
Maggie H Scott B
Wyanda L Chris C
Stuart G Veronica H
Craig B
James M

Both groups will assemble at Maccas Richmond 0800 on the road at 0830 on their respective day.

Any further nominations will go on the reserve list.

Bear

sbadman
22-09-09, 10:17 AM
Convoy #2 will also be making a stop at Miners Lamp in Lithgow 0930-1000 to pick up GWH travellers.

The land owner has sent through some photos of the track development. I won't spoil things for now, but I will say that I can't wait to get there :)

Bruce Kerney
25-09-09, 03:31 PM
Guys,
I would like some info to help build some mild obstacles(Jeep Traps) and would like a list of wheel bases of Jeeps for the CJ7's to theWrangler short and long wheel bases, KJ mid wheel bases to the Cherokee long wheel bases. Or any other suggestions for the standard through to Locked and Modified vehicles to "play" on.
Bruce

sbadman
25-09-09, 04:19 PM
Cherokee long wheel bases.

XJ Cherokee wheel base is 104" standard.

Bear
26-09-09, 08:06 AM
Nominations for this trip are now closed!

I will now forward a list of starters, rego numbers, and number of persons in each vehicle to the land owner.

Bear

PONYKID
28-09-09, 09:12 PM
Can't wait for the weekend!

Bruce, what has the weather been like out there of a night?

Bruce Kerney
30-09-09, 08:33 PM
Weather cant make up its mind, warmist days with coolish nights......

Bear
30-09-09, 08:49 PM
Looks like convoy #1 has diminished to 2 vehicles with James M out altogether, Stuart G a remote chance for convoy #2 and Craig B swapping to convoy #2.

Bear

PONYKID
30-09-09, 11:54 PM
Weather cant make up its mind, warmist days with coolish nights......

Let me rephrase my question. Is it as bloody cold as it was in June? (I expect not, but I am not chancing it)

PONYKID
30-09-09, 11:55 PM
Do the people in Convoy #2 want to leave earlier so that we don't miss half the day??

Maggie
01-10-09, 12:24 AM
Now that only the 2 cars are going Friday .. Dutchie and us and we are both together, we can head straight for Kandos for lunch without the Maccas brekkie. We now have the pick of the campsites .. yay for us .. will think of you lot Friday night in front on the campfire downing a few chardies and enjoying the quiet of the bush at night and the stars.

Maggie.

vhdzine
01-10-09, 07:09 AM
Hey Pony Kid,

What time where you thinking? Need to know what time I have to get my sorry body home on Saturday morning ;) to make movements.

V

glend
01-10-09, 07:41 AM
"...to make movements."

Too much information, or too much AllBran!

Wolfe
01-10-09, 07:47 AM
i'm out sorry.

PONYKID
02-10-09, 06:23 PM
Meet at 6.30-7???

vhdzine
02-10-09, 06:32 PM
Crap thats early.
Ummm I will follow what the rest of the Saturday convoy are happy to do.

V

CraigB
02-10-09, 07:14 PM
Ok,
I'll aim to be at richo-maccas no later than 0700, but I'll aim for 0630.

My mobile 0438 212 739

CRB

PONYKID
02-10-09, 07:20 PM
I know it's early, I rarely rise before 11am... but I would rather get there a bit earlier and not waste so much of the day. It's up to you fellas though.

Cpage66
02-10-09, 07:39 PM
So we'll meet ya'll at the Miner's Lamp around 0830??

CraigB
02-10-09, 09:21 PM
according to msn, we got rain and 10 degrees Saturday.....

vhdzine
02-10-09, 10:16 PM
Ok will aim for 6:30 Richmond maccas

Veronica

sbadman
02-10-09, 11:40 PM
Only just finished packing the Jeep after flying back from Wagga a few hours ago, so to confirm tomorrow will be 8am at maccas, not 7. Have sent a text message to Veronica and CraigB.

CraigB
05-10-09, 11:39 AM
Great place out there. I could only stay the saturday night, but it was worth it for a first time run to check out. Bruce is a very welcoming bloke and clearly enjoys the company of a lot of people - plus has a ton of fun challenging the vehicles with the playground being made with the excavator!

Made another sub-albumn called Bylong...

CRB

PONYKID
05-10-09, 09:18 PM
Not long got home and settled in.

Bylong was great as always, despite being a little wet - but it looks like Sydney is/was a whole lot wetter!

sbadman
05-10-09, 09:59 PM
For those that went to Bylong, if a set of keys were found with a Holden key and BCF tag, they are my missing keys! Keys found wedged between passenger seat and center console!

Otherwise the new tracks, obstacles and bog holes were fantastic fun! :D

PONYKID
07-10-09, 11:45 PM
Some pics are up in gallery - http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=4183

wlublink
08-10-09, 06:25 PM
Hey all,

As always I had a great time in Bylong. The holes done by the Bruce are fun, but most of them are for the real big guys...not for a standard Wrangler.....

I really enjoyed just driving around on the property and trying to remember were all the tracks are. A highlight for me was seeing my first wombat in the wild!! It took me 2 years in Australia to finally see one.....so they are not a fairytale after all....!!

I will put up my pics in the gallery.

Unfortunately this was my last trip to Bylong. I will start travelling around Australia by the end of this month and hopefully I will do some amazing tracks along the way...

Dutchie

sbadman
29-11-09, 01:08 PM
Got the last of the mud from this trip out of my radiator today, Jeep is now finally running at normal temperature again.

Beware of Bylong mud, it will get everywhere and stay there for months!