PDA

View Full Version : Menai Clean-up Sat.29/08/09

stevet
10-08-09, 05:52 PM
Meet - At Gate No.6, Heathcote Road, Menai,
Time - 8.30a.m, sign in by 9.00a.m,
Bring/wear - decent shoes/boots, gloves, recovery points F/R, have own recovery gear, CB, food/drink of choice, camera/video.
Grade - "C+" with "B" options. There are bi-passes around most of the harder sections. Remember to remove your hard mudflaps before the run. The UNEXPECTED can occur :o ::) so be prepared...
Participation at a Menai Clean-up will give you 12 months access rights to use the tracks at Menai on "Official" club runs held there.
Further info - contact Stephen T. Mob. No.(0412)707903...

***Attending -- Stuart G.
Scott B.
Veronica H.
Reg H.
Ian W.
Wyanda L.
AJ (?Andrew L.?)
Marcus ?
Mani S.
Baz ?
Stephen T.
?? you ??

Wolfe
10-08-09, 07:47 PM
another nite run??????????? ;D i'm in ;D

sbadman
10-08-09, 09:02 PM
another nite run??????????? ;D

Oh dear ::)

I'm in, under strict instruction to be back home before dark with the Jeep in one piece, as Kay has a horse show the next day!

vhdzine
10-08-09, 09:20 PM
Put me down for this one.
No, no please no night adventures, or roll overs!! :o

V

Bear
11-08-09, 08:04 AM
I'm in. Please no night run.

Bear

Flatfender
13-08-09, 02:05 PM
I'm in.
Cheers
Ian w.

wlublink
14-08-09, 05:20 PM
Hi there,

Please count me in. After reading all the stories about last run at Menai I am a bit anxious, but I guess things like that won't happen twice in a row.....

I was glad to hear that you were alright Steve!!

Dutchie

AJ
14-08-09, 10:41 PM
Can you count me in for now and I'll try and get the day off work ;D

Cheers AJ

marcus
15-08-09, 11:39 PM
I would like to come to this one too please

D.K.
17-08-09, 12:57 AM
Can you put me in for a definite maybe. Will know for sure the week before.

Dave K

TRBN8R
19-08-09, 05:51 PM
Please count me in on this.

Cheers
Mani

5teve
23-08-09, 09:16 AM
i'd love to come too
hope it's not going to rain again

Baz
25-08-09, 12:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I just signed up to the forum and have am interested in joining the club.

I would like to come out on some trips, but am beginer at the 4x4 stuff, and dont understand the grading of tracks etc. So i guess what im asking is:

1. What is planned? i.e. what is Menai clean up????
2. can I come?
3. how hard are the tracks? would a beginer with limited experiance be able to cope without breaking axels etc???

Steve F
25-08-09, 12:53 PM
Hi Guys,

I would like to come out on some trips, but am beginer at the 4x4 stuff, and dont understand the grading of tracks etc. So i guess what im asking is:

1. What is planned? i.e. what is Menai clean up????
2. can I come?
3. how hard are the tracks? would a beginer with limited experiance be able to cope without breaking axels etc???

1. An hour or so of picking up rubbish and dropping it back to a central location, the rest of the day exploring etc
2. Visitors are welcome at Menai cleanups so come along.
3. As hard or easy as you like, there's no pressure to do anything you dont feel comfortable with but if you want to give something harder a crack there will be plenty of assistance etc. Breakages at Menai are very rare but on the odd occasion something can go wrong like any trip, but again, if you dont feel comfortable trying something there is usually a way around or back.

Cheers
Steve

Baz
25-08-09, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the information Steve... sounds good to me... would be interested in coming...

would you be able to give me a street address for where to show up this saturday?

Thanks a lot,
Baz

sbadman
25-08-09, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the information Steve... sounds good to me... would be interested in coming...

would you be able to give me a street address for where to show up this saturday?

Thanks a lot,
Baz

Gate 6 is down off Heathcoat Road, on the left coming southbound from the M5. If you haven't been there before it's may be easier to meet up with someone at one of the servos on Heathcoat Road near the M5 overpass, as the Gate 6 entry is very easy to miss. I drove past it 3 times the first time I went out there before I found it :D Alternatively you should be able to raise someone on the club channel (UHF15) when you get close who can point out the entrance.

The main tracks are quite tame, and Steve T (trip co-ordinator) is a very good spotter! Naturally there are tricky sections, but they're generally for those who like a challenge, and chicken tracks are usually available for those that don't :)

NT-Boy
25-08-09, 05:31 PM
Hi Guys,

Welcome Baz,

Mate Menai is a great trip, you'll have fun, you'll drive out with a big smile on your face. Dont worry about it being your first time, at some stage it was everyones first time, pluss "EAGLE EYES" Stevet will look after you.
Have Fun :)

sbadman
26-08-09, 08:54 AM
I picked up a drag chain yesterday from Marcus @ TJM Seven Hills, so now I like to think I'm ready for almost anything :)

Wolfe
26-08-09, 08:59 AM
It forcast for rain this weekend but come hell or high water i'm going wheeling. if its cancelled who's up for an alternate destination?

sbadman
26-08-09, 10:17 AM
It forcast for rain this weekend but come hell or high water i'm going wheeling. if its cancelled who's up for an alternate destination?

I'm in, but it has to stay on the Saturday!

vhdzine
26-08-09, 10:49 AM
I am up for an alternative if its raining and Menai is canned.
Havent cleaned Rubi yet after last weekend, and not going till after this one!

Must go wheeling!! :P

V

Wolfe
26-08-09, 10:10 PM
Must go wheeling!! :P

V

Yep i agree

D.K.
27-08-09, 08:56 AM
Will have to skip this one :( - things to do

AJ
27-08-09, 04:49 PM
I'm guessing with this good weather we're a goer for the weekend?

sbadman
27-08-09, 04:56 PM
I'm guessing with this good weather we're a goer for the weekend?

Forecast currently is for showers on Saturday, lets hope the weatherman is typically wrong! :)

Flatfender
27-08-09, 06:46 PM
Will you guys stop talking about rain!
Its OK when you can close the doors, wind up the windows and put the heater on. Some of us (well me anyway) just have to grin and enjoy it.
Bring on the sunshine!
Cheers
Ian W.

sbadman
27-08-09, 08:10 PM
Some of us (well me anyway) just have to grin and enjoy it.
Bring on the sunshine!

As long as you are grinning and enjoying it you'll have sunshine where ever you go ;D

marcus
27-08-09, 11:01 PM
Hi all if it does rain and Menai is cancelled who would be keen on something like zig zag maybe of if anyone else has a good place like that
i totally agree must get out for wheeling

TRBN8R
27-08-09, 11:45 PM
I am in for an alternate location if it rains.

Cheers
Mani

Wolfe
28-08-09, 08:58 AM
Some of us (well me anyway) just have to grin and enjoy it.
Bring on the sunshine!

As long as you are grinning and enjoying it you'll have sunshine where ever you go ;D

How zen ;D

jeepthing
28-08-09, 09:50 AM
if you end up going to ZZ, I'll keep and ear out for you on ch 15.

vhdzine
31-08-09, 07:45 PM
Some pics posted in my gallery from the clean up.
Still working on the mud slide vid....will post link when completed and posted.

Cheers V
:D

vhdzine
31-08-09, 10:44 PM
Video put together - up on YouTube now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Uz9x_CMB4

Cheers V
:D

NT-Boy
31-08-09, 11:24 PM
COOL vid, V. ;D

sbadman
01-09-09, 08:47 AM
I did go down there a bit quick didn't I? :D Might need some crawler ratios!

vhdzine
01-09-09, 10:14 AM
Now you know why you ended up with mud all over your newly painted bullbar!! :D

I didnt speed up the vid either!! But you clearly didnt ride the breaks like someone else did..... ::)

V
;D

sbadman
01-09-09, 10:41 AM
Now you know why you ended up with mud all over your newly painted bullbar!! :D

The mud washed off. The paint removed by Prado Steps though....that will take some more work to undo :)

NT-Boy
01-09-09, 12:34 PM
scott did u make it up prado hill?

sbadman
01-09-09, 02:55 PM
scott did u make it up prado hill?

Unfortunatelly no, just couldn't get the clearance or traction to make the first step, which looked to be the hardest. Even the bypass is looking pretty worse for wear these days!

NT-Boy
01-09-09, 03:06 PM
Good on ya Scott, for have a go!!!

SteveC
01-09-09, 08:47 PM
Super Video there !!

marcus
02-09-09, 11:34 PM
great vid there V thank you for posting

sbadman
03-09-09, 05:10 PM
Any one interested in doing a trip report? :)

vhdzine
03-09-09, 05:12 PM
I am writing one for you Scott.....just remembered some of the events of the day, besides Steves main event.

V ;)

5teve
03-09-09, 09:44 PM
hi guys this was my first trip with you. I've really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to future trips
stefan :)

AJ
03-09-09, 09:47 PM
hi guys this was my first trip with you. I've really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to future trips
stefan :)

No worries dude, Next time we'll get you up 80 series ;D

vhdzine
03-09-09, 09:51 PM
Sorry Scott, I wrote one for the mid week clean up...someone else can write one for Saturdays...for a different perspective...

V