PDA

View Full Version : 4WDing in Mt Kosciuszko??

kyro
16-11-04, 08:28 PM
Hi there guys.

our club is thinking of doing a trek to the mountains of Mt Kosciuszko next year (not in snow time) and i was just wondering if you guys had been there and know of any track that you tell us about that are worth doing.

any info would be great

Cheers Kyro :D

Jaffas
16-11-04, 08:47 PM
Now that sounds like a trip worth doing!

Hunter
16-11-04, 09:09 PM
never been there, so any track will be exciting! :P

chrispy
16-11-04, 09:29 PM
You could do the Mt Pinnibar area, but my preference is for the Davies High Plain track from Tom Groggin (on the Murray just near Thredbo) over the top into the Victorian side. It's a 3-day drive and is the most spectacular trip I've ever been on in this country.

kyro
16-11-04, 10:33 PM
You could do the Mt Pinnibar area, but my preference is for the Davies High Plain track from Tom Groggin (on the Murray just near Thredbo) over the top into the Victorian side. It's a 3-day drive and is the most spectacular trip I've ever been on in this country.

is there maps of these track out that we can get?

chrispy
16-11-04, 10:44 PM
Yeah - there are. Start by getting the Hema Topographic map (1:25000) that starts at Tom Groggin (just west of Thredbo) abd go from there. You'll see the Davies Plain track start just over the Murray (Vic side) and south a kay or so. Stay on the trail and follow it - across about 5 maps. It's a fair trail.

I've got the older maps which were 1:50000 for that area, so I couldn't give you map numbers. Just call the NPWS and Vic Parks and ask them - they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Also - do a Google search (Australian search) on "Davies High Plain trail" and you'll see a few references.

kyro
16-11-04, 10:49 PM
thanks chrispy,

:lol: 8) any other places down your way that could keep us busy for a week or so.

with a wide range of driving levels :wink:

Thanks again