PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted - leaking exhaust

sbadman
28-08-09, 02:18 PM
Just took the XJ for pink slip and was knocked back. Unfortunatelly he picked up on the leaking exhaust! :-[

Would any SJC's with a welder and some spare time one evening be willing to help me out by sealing up the holes? Naturally there'd be incentive in it, cash or a carton of your choice of brew. Don't need it to look pretty, or even last longer than required to pass the pink slip (although could be useful for next years inspection, but I'd hope to have a new exhaust system by then :D)

Thanks!

Steve F
28-08-09, 03:04 PM
Sorry, I cant weld the thin stuff with a stick welder to save my life, let alone whilst on my back under a Jeep. An exhaust shop should be able to patch it pretty easily and cheaply though.

Cheers
Steve

sbadman
28-08-09, 04:16 PM
Sorry, I cant weld the thin stuff with a stick welder to save my life, let alone whilst on my back under a Jeep. An exhaust shop should be able to patch it pretty easily and cheaply though.

Cheers
Steve

Normally we get a mobile muffler guy to do all our exhaust work for us, he's known Kay's family for quite some time, and will spend more time having a yarn with Kay and drinking coffee than doing the work :D He did the exhaust systems on our two Valiants, fabricating extractors for Kay's hardtop and a dual 2" system for my ute, as well as patching up the muffler on the van last year when it got knocked back. But he's currently overseas in the States at the moment!

I tried to use it as an excuse to get my own welder, but no dice :P

marcus
28-08-09, 09:04 PM
i personally found carline at Mt Druitt to be extremally good service and value aswell quite cheap
they did the muffler on my cruiser for abut 170 to supply and fit a highflow muffler