PDA

View Full Version : Wheeny Creek: Sun 20th September

D.K.
14-09-09, 08:21 PM
Meet at Richmond Maccas, Sunday morning at 9.00am

Vehicle Limit: Six.

(sorry the track is narrow and I think this is a responsible maximium number)

Further info: my mobile is 0434 848 482

Cheers
Dave

List so far:
DK (me)
CraigB
SteveC
Miraz ?
BlakJaK
Olly

CraigB
14-09-09, 09:14 PM
Cool. I'm in.
CRB

SteveC
17-09-09, 08:28 AM
Where is everyone else? What about those that can't make Saturday's trip. Should be fun!

Miraz
17-09-09, 08:43 AM
I'm tempted....put me down as a maybe

CraigB
17-09-09, 07:46 PM
I think the Ourimbah and Bylong trips have most people focussed - I'm glad there's a Sunday trip I can leap on, 95% of Saturdays are out for me. So this is good. Maybe some people from the Ourimbah trip are just waiting to get over that intact before committing to the Sunday Wheeny Creek romp. I would love to do both, but it's not going to happen this side of retirement or holidays - the former is a long way off and the latter too bloody rare!

CraigB

SteveC
17-09-09, 07:53 PM
CraigB. I see your point about ourimbah and Bylong, I notice a few have pulled out so maybe they'll come Sunday

anyway I'm looking forward to Sunday so see you at Richmond Maccas 9am
BTW, I drive a Champaign coloured Grand
Steve

CraigB
17-09-09, 10:32 PM
I'm sure I know the vehicle SteveC - did you go to Lake Lyle a couple of months back? That was when I wacked my swaybar linkages. Took me 7 weeks to get back.
CRB

SteveC
18-09-09, 08:37 AM
That's right - I was at lake Lyle.

BlakJaK
18-09-09, 12:33 PM
Assuming I survive Saturday, I'll be there!

Ash

BlakJaK
18-09-09, 10:49 PM
Which Richmond Macca's? There are at least half a dozen!

BlakJaK
18-09-09, 10:58 PM
Oops! Google Maps took me to Richmond, Virginia, USA! Don't worry, found it now, next to the railway station.

azasjeep
20-09-09, 09:58 PM
9pm and no posts in this thread. How did you guys go?

D.K.
20-09-09, 10:22 PM
Hi Azzas,

really great day - everybody loved it.
CraigB gets to do a report!
He should have a few pics

CraigB
20-09-09, 10:56 PM
Got pics and vids. Just editing and naming stuff now. Terriffic run.
CRB

BlakJaK
21-09-09, 08:04 AM
Nobody wrote because we were absolutely buggered! 3 hours of almost constant crawling on the way up, but luckily only 1 1/2 hours back down! Thanks to DK for leading us up (and down) the garden path, Olly for being Olly, but mostly for needing a snatch(!), Craig and (young) James for snatching Olly, having the top down in all that dust and the pithy comments and finally to Steve(C?), pushing that Grand Cherokee very hard indeed.
Stunning trip!
Ash

SteveC
21-09-09, 08:38 AM
Great day had by all - The guys who had not done this before seemed very happy to have conquered the track. I on the other hand proved that a Grand can go some places and others not so easily. With the low hanging AUX tank proving to be my problem. I returned about 3/4 on the way but still great day out. I doubt I'd do this again though. My new BFG's were a bit disappointing with the lack of grip in the rocky areas. Not as good as the cooper AT I tried last time on this track.
The wrangler boys impressed me with their trucks. With just a few mods they had, they were unstoppable.
It was very hot and very dusty , they need some rain outthere.

goldeneagle05
21-09-09, 09:12 AM
What a fantastic trip and how hot did it get, my mirror tem went to 44? Thanks for the day Dave and a full day of crawling up rocks and picking lines and track building. Thanks for the snatch craig and the only damage was a busted mirror for craig and my bash plate is pushed up against my transmission case, how did that happen I wonder? This track will only get worse to the point of grade A only if too many ppl use it as we seen by the other club there. Thanks guys great day and good fun.

D.K.
21-09-09, 09:33 AM
The track is definitely getting more worn and the rock steps higher. Even the exit chicken track is getting interesting.

I was really pleased with the $2 sponge for my throttle pedal mod :D
(less of the "pig-rooting" with the over-sensitive throttle response)

marcus
22-09-09, 09:36 PM
sounds like you had a great trip did you get to the end of the track ??

D.K.
22-09-09, 10:10 PM
sounds like you had a great trip did you get to the end of the track ??

Yep :D

CraigB
02-10-09, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR_IE_vQ_HE

SteveC vid, 1 of 3. Will post up some more for this trip and Sunday's Menai cleanup later.
CRB