PDA

View Full Version : Stockton Beach Clean Up 25th October 2009

Maggie
16-09-09, 10:52 AM
Received from 4WD Assoc. If you wish to attend please post up here.

Sunday October 25th.

The Stockton Beach Clean up is approaching fast.

Can you please advise.

1. If your Club will be attending.

2. Estimation of how many vehicles.

3. Estimation of haw many people.

Please remember that this is a great opportunity
for your Club to join in a a good community cause
and to show strenght in number.

CraigB
17-09-09, 07:49 PM
Ok, I'll go on this if my Jeep is still functioning by then. I've been up there plenty of times, but only twice in my Wrangler and both those times solo.

Put me down:
1 Person, armed with JK Wrangler.

CraigB

vhdzine
18-09-09, 03:37 PM
I am a maybe.

V

azasjeep
20-09-09, 09:56 PM
Would love to come as a passenger if anyone has a spare seat, My Jeep isnt to good on the sand >:(

sbadman
20-09-09, 10:24 PM
Haven't done beach driving yet, put me down!

CraigB
20-09-09, 10:53 PM
Azas,
You can co-pilot with me. Work out details later. BTW: Jeeps and sand go together like steak and a bbq - why you say your rig isn't any good on sand?

CRB

Steve F
21-09-09, 12:05 AM
Put me down as well, should have the Jeep up and running by then.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
21-09-09, 12:09 AM
Did that clean up a couple of years ago and it's a really good day.
Sign me up!

azasjeep
21-09-09, 11:03 AM
Azas,
You can co-pilot with me. Work out details later. BTW: Jeeps and sand go together like steak and a bbq - why you say your rig isn't any good on sand?

CRB

Cheers mate, swampers and sand dont mix to good and when i put the stockers back on the gearing is so far out i cant make it up any dunes :)

spud
21-09-09, 04:44 PM
put me down had fun last time we done one who bring trailer :P

TK421
22-09-09, 05:23 PM
Hello
Trips like this one are always better on a Saturday as this allows us to "recover" if we have to and so to speak, on Sundays - like wash the salt of the vehicles, clean the sand of "properly" and generally, make it home safe, just in case something does happen.
Sunday afternoon traffic or evening traffic into Sydney down the F3 on any Sundays is a horror - in particular during the selected time of year - October end of School Holidays.
Is there any chance we can all go on October 24 instead?
TK

Steve F
22-09-09, 05:32 PM
Hello
Trips like this one are always better on a Saturday as this allows us to "recover" if we have to and so to speak, on Sundays - like wash the salt of the vehicles, clean the sand of "properly" and generally, make it home safe, just in case something does happen.
Sunday afternoon traffic or evening traffic into Sydney down the F3 on any Sundays is a horror - in particular during the selected time of year - October end of School Holidays.
Is there any chance we can all go on October 24 instead?
TK

It's organised by the 4WD association so there are a lot more clubs than just ours going, we all need to go on the same day to get the best impact through the media etc out of the event :) No need for us to stay all day though, I normally head off from Stockton early afternoon to avoid traffic etc so that might be an option.

Cheers
Steve

Heidi
24-09-09, 11:51 AM
Brian and I will be attending - we plan on staying over night on the Saturday if any one else is interested.

(note that you need a toilet for every 6 people if camping over night)

CraigB
28-09-09, 06:57 PM
Azas,
I'm away for a few days. If you want to call me and we can work out an RV point for pick-up/drop-off etc.
mobile 0438 212 739

CRB

coops
28-09-09, 11:10 PM
i'm in and have a 6x4 trailer that can be towed as long as we can take it off for play time.

what time ? Maybe RV point at twin servos' on the f3 but what time?

Coops

Heidi
28-09-09, 11:49 PM
We can meet at the Lavis Lane Servo at 8:30 ready for a 8:45 departure to the registration point which starts at 9am

There is a free BBQ on at 1pm.

Heidi
12-10-09, 02:35 PM
CraigB – out due to car.
vhdzine – maybe
azajeep – looking for a seat as passenger
sbadman
steve f
cpage66
spud
TK421
Heidi and Brian
Coops

We will be heading up on Saturday afternoon for those interested we can give you a time.
Otherwise we will meet at the Lavis Lane servo at 8:30.
The cleanup ends at 1pm with a free BBQ and they want to do a group photo at the BBQ as well.

Heidi
12-10-09, 07:51 PM
Update - We have special permission to camp on the Saturday night with out purchasing a permit if we arrive after 5pm and participate in the clean up on Sunday.

vhdzine
12-10-09, 08:03 PM
Hi Heidi,

Do we need to register or something as well??

Tah V

Cpage66
12-10-09, 08:28 PM
Would prefer to meet at the Twin Servos if we could...

CraigB
12-10-09, 08:41 PM
hey kidz, dont write me off yet - Jeep in shop to be fixed, it's only the 12th - maybe fixed by the 23rd - please leave me on the list, I'll be back in action soonaz...
CRB

Heidi
12-10-09, 08:54 PM
Craig B - you are still on the list (hopefully your jeep will be fixed quicker than mine was under warrenty)
Cpage66 - are you going up Saturday or Sunday? If Saturday say 4:30pm at twin servo's if Sunday perhaps others attending can meet you there by 7:30am which will give you an hour to get to Lavis Lane at 8:30.
vhdzine - We will register on the Sunday - so if staying on the beach Saturday evening we will all need to go off the beach and register at the Lavis Lane entry.

vhdzine
12-10-09, 10:19 PM
Ok cool. Not yet decided whether we will go up on the Saturday or just the Sunday.
Still sorting out all details.

Thanks
V

Cpage66
13-10-09, 08:26 PM
Sunday

tonysrich
17-10-09, 03:39 AM
After my little incident at Stockton
http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4344&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=97e387fb2056e4069256ed4db40931a1 (http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=4343)
I've researched the hell out of the whole "Spontainious Combustion" of auto JK's on sand and have learned a few things.
If you're interested give me a call and I'll tell you alll I know.

Tony 0410647177

CraigB
17-10-09, 02:05 PM
Hi,
My Wrangler is back and ready to go - so count me in for Stockton. Azaz - I got a seat for you if you still want to go. To make arrangements for pick up etc phone/text 0438 212 739. I'm down near Sutherland, so would normally be leaving here 0500 for the trip.

CRB

tonysrich
17-10-09, 09:42 PM
Someone tell me if I'd be mad or Stupid to go back to Stockton after my JK went up in smoke there only last August? :o
Is there anyone else in the club with a JK Auto that's been there and not had their Jeep barbque itself?

azasjeep
17-10-09, 09:49 PM
Do it Tony, after all thats what insurance is for :)

TRBN8R
18-10-09, 12:11 AM
Hi Mate
I was there last wknd and still no BBQ. That was my first time on sand as well. Just see if ur transmission starts to work hard just slow down or stop for five minute and enjoy the scenery.

Cheers
Mani

sbadman
18-10-09, 12:37 AM
I imagine a strategically placed length of hose would prevent auto fluid from splashing on the exhaust if it did happen to overheat.

glend
18-10-09, 08:32 AM
As a more permanent assurance, it would not be too hard to weld a small tube on the side of the tranny dip stick tube near the top, which could have a breather type hose to take any boil off out of harms way. You could also use it as a cable tie point to loop a tie through the top of the tranny dip stick which when tightened up would prevent the stick 'popping' out under pressure. Your normal tranny breather should also be extended up to the top of the firewall. Finally, a good tranny cooler (or auxilliary cooler) is a worthwhile investment.

tonysrich
18-10-09, 02:41 PM
Yeah what the hell, I'll do it. Just bring lots of marshmellows, if she goes up we can roast them! ;D
I'll be going solo, the family will take a lot longer than me to want to go to Stockton again.
Anyone want a ride?

wlublink
18-10-09, 03:00 PM
Hi,

I did day 2 of my 4wd training course on Stockton Beach and we spent all day playing in the sand without any problems. I have an automatic as well... I would go again without hesitation, but keeping an good eye on it.

Good lucky,
Dutchie

tonysrich
18-10-09, 06:05 PM
Ok so I'm in for stockton. We're meeting at the twin servo's at 4:30, where are the twin servo's?
And what is the deal with camping, one big barby or to each their own?

Heidi
20-10-09, 12:06 PM
The twin servo's are the North/South Bound Caltex's on the F3 - we will meet at the north bound one.

We will stop at Lavis Lane servo on the way in to pick up some wood for the camp fire.

If some one is happy to bring a BBQ along for people to share just let us know - as we are swagging it we are planning a fairly easy dinner.

Lunch is provided at 1pm on Sunday.

If you are running late give us a call on 043 8989 793

tonysrich
20-10-09, 06:18 PM
I have no idea where the twin Caltex servo's are. I live down south at Sutherland and the F3 is a long bit of road so I will need a good idea of where it is so that I can leave on time to make the meeting. I know were the Lavis Lane servo's are though, what time are we meeting there?

And where abouts at Stockton are we camping, is it a camping area or will we just pick a spot?
I just bought a tent and a sleeping bag but I don't have much other camping/cooking gear.
Can you drive at stockton at night? Then there is the option of a night run out for Pizza! ;D lol :D

Steve F
20-10-09, 07:05 PM
Twin service stations are about 45-50 minutes from the beginning of the F3, its the only service station on it so you cant miss it ;)

Cheers
Steve

Heidi
20-10-09, 08:04 PM
Thanks Steve. Yes they are not long past the Orimbah turn off.

We will leave Lavis Lane by 6pm at the latest I am guessing. If you arrive later than that give us a call on the mobile or UHF - ch15 and we can give you directions to camp or come and meet you.

You can drive on the beach at night

Camping - there are no facilities - you need to camp within 100m of the high tide mark and after the first dune. We are still getting used to this new requirement but have a few spots that we have used before.

We will have a single burner/fry pan with us that you are welcome to use.

Can't wait love sitting round a camp fire on the beach having a few drinks

CraigB
21-10-09, 08:43 AM
Sorry people, I'm out for this trip.
CRB

vhdzine
22-10-09, 01:36 AM
Sorry folks I am out for this trip too.

V

5teve
22-10-09, 05:35 PM
Hi
I'd like to join you guys on sunday
hope it's not to late to register.
stefan

Heidi
22-10-09, 10:32 PM
not to late see you on Sunday morning. Channel 15 or on the mobile 043 8989793

Cpage66
23-10-09, 10:05 AM
What time does the Sunday convoy want to meet at the Twin Servos???

SteveC
23-10-09, 12:05 PM
Can you clarify if I come up on the Sunday, where and when will most meet? Is it at Lavis Lane or the sevice stations?
also what is actually involved in this clean up? What do we actually need to bring if anything?
Thanks
Steve

sbadman
23-10-09, 12:36 PM
8:30 at twin servos? I'll be on ch 15 going up the freeway for those that are on it at the same time.

wrangler_88
23-10-09, 04:37 PM
Hey guys I dont participate in many of these meet ups but I have a diesel JK stocka that I would love to get out on stockton and I am planning to stay at the mrs parents house sat night which is at tuggerah so I wont be far, IS there anyone meeting up sunday morning some where... I know where lavis lane is & the servo at the round about there but thats about it lol ...

Some one please get back to me or pm me ...

sbadman
23-10-09, 05:53 PM
A few of us are meeting at the twin servo's around 8:30 on Sunday morning.

SteveC
23-10-09, 06:47 PM
Can some one explain for someone who has not been involved in a clean up - what is involved in a clean up?

sbadman
23-10-09, 06:57 PM
Can some one explain for someone who has not been involved in a clean up - what is involved in a clean up?

If it's anything like Menai, you're given an area and a bag to fill. Once done you're free to explore the area. For Sunday I believe a BBQ will be put on at 1pm indicating the start of free time.

5teve
23-10-09, 08:35 PM

hi scott
isn't 8:30 too late?
we have to be there to register by 900
correct me if i'm wrong
stefan

Cpage66
23-10-09, 08:51 PM
Think we ought to meet at the Twin Servos from 0730 for 0745 departure...

sbadman
23-10-09, 08:58 PM

hi scott
correct me if i'm wrong
stefan

Someone told me 9:30, but you are indeed correct. It's even on the front page of the last mag! :D

7:30 it is then. Man early start....lol

5teve
23-10-09, 09:12 PM
see you guys at 7:30

Maggie
23-10-09, 09:22 PM

hi scott
correct me if i'm wrong
stefan

I just wondrred .. aren't you the 'editor' of the mag ??????????????????????????????

Someone told me 9:30, but you are indeed correct. It's even on the front page of the last mag! :D

7:30 it is then. Man early start....lol

sbadman
23-10-09, 09:37 PM
I just wondrred .. aren't you the 'editor' of the mag ??????????????????????????????

That's all an illusion. The magazine is actually put together by elves!

coops
24-10-09, 07:55 AM
unless the elves that put the magazine together have been at my mechanics overnight i'm out too gearbox issue still not fixed.:(

have fun guys

craig

Steve F
24-10-09, 09:30 AM
Looks like I'm out so dont wait for me tomorrow, If I can make it I'll be there at the servo ready to go on time :)

Cheers
Steve

wrangler_88
24-10-09, 11:08 AM
I am coming 100% guys, I dont know what time I will be there in the morning, but hopefully I bump into some of you out on the beach ... :-)

Heidi
25-10-09, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys for coming out today and helping to clean up the beach a bit - and we still got time to play on some dunes!

Most of us came home with a prize - although we where not sure what some of them where!

PONYKID
25-10-09, 08:20 PM
T'was a good day out. I wasn't even a registered entrant, as such, but still ended up with a prize - thanks Chris! :)

wrangler_88
26-10-09, 01:33 PM
Hey guys i was out there didnt really know anyone at the metro servo on lavis lane round about there, so I kept driving lol I was in a black JK 2 door diesel....

Heidi
26-10-09, 11:07 PM
Hey sorry you missed us!

sbadman
30-10-09, 08:57 PM
Anyone want to volunteer a trip report? Chris C was the last one to th e twin servo's meetup ;)