PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Gearbox/Clutch Mechanic on Central Coast

coops
04-10-09, 10:06 PM
Hi All,

Seems as though i need to get some work done on the Jeep, tried all the normal stuff (changed oils etc)....

Living in Gorokan and looking for recommendations from central coast members who i can take it too. Doing it myself is out of the question as i have recently slipped 3 disks in my back and if the pain didnt kill me the wife probably would for trying....

i have already had a so so experience with the shop in wyoming (by the toyota dealer) so thought i would ask who else i could check out...

Basic Diagnosis so far
96 tj (Mark Lambs old one, Now known as the "Trucked" as named by my 3yo)
215,000 k's
When idling there is a rattle from clutch, when you push the clutch in it goes away
cant get it into 1st or 2nd and when reversing it shudders like the clutch is slipping
also when in 1st and you back of the gas the rattle comes back

I think it could be the thrust bearing....

anyway thanks for the tips on a place to go in advance.

Craig

azasjeep
04-10-09, 10:43 PM
Hey coops go see john at ultra tune erina and tell him aaron sent you, been a good mate of mine for many years and will look after you he os by far the best mechanic on the coast and one of the best engine guys in Aus.

coops
05-10-09, 09:24 AM
thanks aza will give him a go!

coops

azasjeep
11-11-09, 04:34 PM
So is the tj all fixed?

coops
11-11-09, 09:39 PM
yeah finally got it back last night, fully rebuilt gearbox and new hd clutch, didnt end up going to ultra tune as i couldnt drive it that far!

apparently a "thousand extra bits" came out when they cracked it open ha ha.

Feels good now just have to learn to be very accurate with your gear shifts.....

AJ
13-11-09, 05:32 PM
Sweet news, Now let's go break it again :P