PDA

View Full Version : General Notice from CraigB....

CraigB
07-10-09, 05:33 PM
...apologies to all who have organized a trip I have posted to attend. My Wrangler is out of action from today for an indefinite period, possibly 2 weeks - 4 weeks. Hoping it's a warranty fix, because the sight is not pretty...too much playing with the Patrols maybe.

Anyway, have fun on all the trips and I'll catch you later.

CRB

sbadman
07-10-09, 05:44 PM
At least tell us what broke?

PONYKID
07-10-09, 09:36 PM
I reckon!

PONYKID
07-10-09, 11:42 PM
Craig, did it have anything to do with this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiSxxmTIrps

CraigB
08-10-09, 11:36 AM
:-X - dont think it was that particular little hump, but it may be a contributing factor...

...broken drivers side universal joint. Nothing transferred through steering/noise etc until Sunday at 3.30pm leaving Richmond Maccas. Noise problem only at that stage - wasn't until Wednesday it got louder and I noticed a very small oil leak at drivers side tyre - knew that was broken seal, as had that happen before. Once inspected up close, then you could see the real damage. Drove very slowly to Tynans service centre 5km away.
Dana30 on the sport - if it doesn't go through under warranty, I may as well bite the bullet and replace it with Dana44 front, Dana60 rear and anything else affected by that straight up. Jeep will be fixed, then I will be broke, ;D

Have fun out there kids.

CRB

Cpage66
08-10-09, 11:49 AM
Was it just the joint or the "ears" as well??

CraigB
08-10-09, 12:22 PM
From the initial look '66, just the joint - the 'ears' looked ok, but I suppose only a proper inspection could tell if there are any cracks etc. Definently worn to shiny metal. The car was driving fine from Bylong to Richmond - no indication of any problem. I'm waiting on a call from Tynan's for the full report and potential butchers bill. Dont have any other option at the moment.

CRB

goldeneagle05
08-10-09, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear of the bad news and hope to see u on the tracks soon, Peter

azasjeep
08-10-09, 09:32 PM
They should cover it under warranty for you mate good luck and hope to see you out and about soon

casey
08-10-09, 11:19 PM
CRD wrangler breaking a front uni joint?

no way!

definitely a warranty job. its practically expected for these to break on the diesels.

CraigB
09-10-09, 10:47 AM
3.8L V6 petrol Sport Casey - not Rubicon model. Still think it's Dana30 front is vulnerable. Service manager has submitted the fix as a warranty claim, parts available, waiting on approval.

CRB

PureCaboose
12-10-09, 03:42 PM
Hey Craig,

I think I am looking at your truck right now, in the car park at Tynan Kirrawee. Why am I am Tynan I hear you ask? Because the transmissions shifter stopper working and I had to get flat bedded (again) to Tynan for a warranty repair.

At the moment, the dash indicator says I am in reverse, and the car won't start. The shifter is stuck, unless you press the lockout over ride button and then it moves from 1 to P without any change on the transmission. It had to happen in the middle of Cronulla Shopping Centre didn't it, right in the middle of the Mall. (no I was not there for latte, but I did get one when the Jeep broke).

Greg

vhdzine
12-10-09, 08:02 PM
Hey Craig - I have video footage of you getting air borne out of that Bog Hole at Bylong - so I am sure it would be from playing with the Big Boys Pootrols!
Bruce has told me that he as a loooooong bog hole filled with water - just for me!! Whoohoo! MUD!!

CraigB
12-10-09, 08:39 PM
Just got word from Tynans, Jeep will be fixed under warranty - ;D

...whenever...
CRB