PDA

View Full Version : Barrington Tops NP

turboman
08-11-09, 08:23 PM
Hi
I just came back from the trip. I never done so many river crossing in my life. We started in Chichester State Forest (camp overnight) , then Gloucester Tops and Barrington Tops (camp overnight). However, the Barrington Trail (south) was closed coz was too wet. Just the reason to go back. Return trip - 860km. Superb camping locations and easy-diff. tracks. Cant wait to go back.

Regards

Turboman

casey
08-11-09, 08:53 PM
Barrington Tops is one of my favourite places to go camping & 4wding :)

JK_Dolf
08-11-09, 09:31 PM
I've read a bit about this place... keen to get up there one day soon.

Any GPS points for tracks, capsites etc? Looks to be a damn big place... wouldn't know where to start!

casey
08-11-09, 10:51 PM
just pick a track and drive around - thats what we did the first time we went, then each time we go back we explore some more.

once the Barrington Trail is re-opened I'll be keen to go back there :)

turboman
19-11-09, 07:41 AM
Barrington Trail is open.

Wolfe
19-11-09, 11:49 AM
just pick a track and drive around - thats what we did the first time we went, then each time we go back we explore some more.

once the Barrington Trail is re-opened I'll be keen to go back there :)

Organise a trip I'd be keen to go !

MRGC
25-11-09, 10:07 AM
Is there any good chellenging tracks in barrington other than the caravan park that campbel owns?

coops
24-01-10, 10:22 PM
Im keen for a trip back up there, havent been since a Jambo in 2002 was held there by some jeep club....

MOP44R
09-03-10, 09:58 AM
I would also been very keen to do a trip, I went last year for the Queens birthday long weekend very cold and most tracks closed but still a great trip... Im not really sure where to go there but will be more then willing to go and take a heap of photos and help organise the trip in anyway I can, just cant really lead as dont know much of the way up there.

ian C
01-04-10, 11:16 PM
Please place me on the short list if a trip is organised. I'll write to trip report and photograph also.

Cheeky
15-04-10, 06:52 PM
Such an excellent area. I have visited there many times, the most recent was last month for 4 days. Just be aware that during the winter months many trails are locked off. Check with NPWS prior to any trip to see whats closed. If you you do plan to visit during later autumn and winter then be aware that the weather there can change suddenly with temps dropping to sub zero. But if you are lucky enough you may see snow.