PDA

View Full Version : Any one for a run on 20th December

TRBN8R
02-12-09, 12:26 PM
Hi All

I have missed a lot of fun trips lately due to being required to work weekends. Finally got my annual leave approved after a lot of whinging with the boss starting from the 20th of December to 2nd of January. I havent been on a trip for almost a month and I think there wont be any more planned till late Jan next year. So any one who knows any decent track B or C grade and wants a fun run on Sunday the 20th please post up.
Hoping to find a few Jeepers with an itchy foot for the last run of the year.

Cheers
Mani

Hunno
02-12-09, 01:57 PM
Depending on $$$ leading up to Xmas I'm keen.

Chris

sbadman
02-12-09, 02:35 PM
I'm keen for the 20th! Jeep now has bumpstops again, no need to worry about bending the front shocks!

azasjeep
02-12-09, 04:11 PM
If my new axle turns up in time, ill be keen for a trip.

CraigB
02-12-09, 08:10 PM
Hiya Mani,
I'm on leave 19Dec to 3Jan inclusive - so I'm keen to go out just about any of those days. Doing a little recon down south outside Nowra on a shutdown weekend soon. Maybe you might like a run around there? Otherwise, what about a return to Wheeny Creek? There's always a way we can book Menai too and try out those rock climbs Azas was talking about...

CraigB

marcus
03-12-09, 06:50 PM
i will be keen as well
anyone keen for another go at zig zag ??

sbadman
03-12-09, 07:09 PM
i will be keen as well
anyone keen for another go at zig zag ??

Or a first go even!

CraigB
03-12-09, 09:05 PM
So: Ziggy on 20th? Works for me.

CRB

NT-Boy
03-12-09, 10:06 PM
Or a first go even!

I'll see if i can get the sunday 20th off, my foot has been itchy for a loooooooooooooooooooong time now ;D

sbadman
03-12-09, 10:26 PM
I'll see if i can get the sunday 20th off, my foot has been itchy for a loooooooooooooooooooong time now ;D

I'm keen to see your new flexing powers :D

NT-Boy
03-12-09, 10:45 PM

I'm keen to see your new flexing powers :D

Me too Scott.

TRBN8R
04-12-09, 12:28 AM
So if everyone agrees onZig Zag on the 20th then meet @ meccas Richmond 0730 hrs sharp.
Cheers
Mani

Bear
04-12-09, 08:45 AM
Zig zag 20/12/09 Bear + Steve T are in

azasjeep
04-12-09, 12:12 PM
Im looking to be there, axle should turn up today or monday - just need to grab a uni and put it back together.

tonysrich
04-12-09, 07:36 PM
You can definately count me in and a probably for my mate JB

It would probably be easier for us to meet you at Lithgow
Can we set a second meeting point at the Zig Zag car park for 9am?

matt85
04-12-09, 07:54 PM
Im in! ;D

Bear
04-12-09, 08:44 PM
Are you going to put a limit on the number of cars, by my count there are 10 at the moment. Get too many and it becomes difficult to manage.

Bear.

Hunty
05-12-09, 07:36 AM
Are you going to put a limit on the number of cars, by my count there are 10 at the moment. Get too many and it becomes difficult to manage.

Bear.

Hi guyz
Id like to come - and i can bring my HD camera and video toys if you dont mind ending up on youtube!!!! - lol
cheers
Hunty

Wolfe
05-12-09, 08:34 AM
I'll know closer to the day, but i'd be keen also. Video is fine just have to block out number plates and don't mention name of place we are wheeling.

TRBN8R
05-12-09, 10:05 AM
Please see Page 1 for the latest trip details

Cheers
Mani

Hi All :) :) :)

Seeing the great interest i think we will bump up the limit to 15 and that will accommodate every one who has posted up till now. Once at Zig Zag depending on the final numbers that show up, we will split into two groups. If we split up then I propose the more extreme one to be lead by DK and moderate one to be lead by Steve T. Hope that fixes all the dramas. But this is the absolute max i think any more will be really unmanageable.

If running late or canceling on the last minute please let me know on 0405801230. Please be on time as this allows us to start and finish the trip in reasonable time.

Trip Guide: Steve T (as I have been to Zig Zag only once and am not good at remembering directions)

Rendezvous Point 1: 0730 Hrs at Richmond Meccas. Departure for Zig Zag at 0745 Hrs.

Rendezvous Point 2: 0900 Hrs at Parking lot Zig Zag train station.

Also please post up if u want to meet up at RV point 2 (ZIG ZAG) so we dont wait for u at Richmond.

The team as at 05/12/2009

MEMBERS

TRBN8R : Confirmed
SBADMAN : Confirmed
AZASJEEP : Confirmed
MARCUS : Confirmed
CRAIGB : Confirmed
CASEY+STEVET: Confirmed
TONY : Confirmed (RV @ ZIg Zag Parking lot @0900 Hrs)
MATT85 : Confirmed
HUNNO : Confirmed
JB : Confirmed (RV @ ZIg Zag Parking lot @0900 Hrs)
NTBOY : Confirmed
DK : Confirmed
STEVE C : Confirmed
WOLFE : Maybe

GUESTS

HUNTY : Confirmed

Cheers
Mani (TRBN8R)

D.K.
05-12-09, 11:16 PM
If theres any late withdrawals can you let me know as Id like to join the fun :)

If you havn't done the pipeline track (different to the popular powerline track) thats good value.

Dave

SteveC
05-12-09, 11:41 PM
Let me know if Ok to tag along if space available Thanks Steve

TRBN8R
06-12-09, 12:02 AM
Hi STEVEC and DK

I have added ur names to the reserve list. As always there will be cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances.

Cheers
mani (TRBN8R)

Hunno
06-12-09, 01:03 AM
Thanks a lot everybody for the overwhelming response. Trip numbers have hit the max limit as advised by the experienced members of the club. We have to limit the numbers to 13 cars max. So sorry can not accept any more nominations to keep the numbers manageable.

If running late or cancelling on the last minute please let me know on 0405801230.

Trip Guide: Steve T (as I have been to Zig Zag only once and am not good at remembering directions)

Rendezvous Point 1: 0730 Hrs at Richmond Meccas. Departure for Zig Zag at 0745 Hrs.

Also please post up if u want to meet up at RV point 2 (ZIG ZAG) so we dont wait for u at Richmond.

The team as at 05/12/2009

MEMBERS

SBADMAN : Confirmed
BEAR+STEVET: Confirmed
TONY : Confirmed
HUNNO : Myabe
NTBOY : Maybe
WOLFE : Maybe
JB : Maybe

GUESTS

Reserves

DK :
STEVEC :

Cheers
Mani (TRBN8R)

Not MAYBE
HUNNO CONFIRMED please

CraigB
06-12-09, 07:04 PM
If numbers exceed the catastrophic cut-off, could we not split into 2 or 3/several groups and do a roundabout of directions/tracks. Link up at a lunchtime RV and re-mix, or something like that.

4 - 6 in a group including at least one winch makes a good travel unit.

Oh yeah, I might bring a guest or two with me.

CRB

tonysrich
06-12-09, 08:47 PM
I can confirm JB as a definate.
We'll both be joining the group at 9am at the Zig Zag station parking lot.

TRBN8R
07-12-09, 09:13 AM
If numbers exceed the catastrophic cut-off, could we not split into 2 or 3/several groups and do a roundabout of directions/tracks. Link up at a lunchtime RV and re-mix, or something like that.

4 - 6 in a group including at least one winch makes a good travel unit.

Oh yeah, I might bring a guest or two with me.

CRB

Hi Craig
I think i will leave that decision with Bear and SteveT as they are much more knowledgeable and can weigh the pros and cons of this arrangement.

Cheers
Mani

SteveC
08-12-09, 05:39 PM
id be keen which ever way its decided, so hopfully a splinter group could be formed as suggested previously, steve

Hunno
08-12-09, 06:21 PM
id be keen which ever way its decided, so hopfully a splinter group could be formed as suggested previously, steve

Wouldn't it just take someone to step up to be another trip leader and just so happen to run a trip to the same location on the same day.
How ever the trip leaders should converse prior to leading out.

Bear
08-12-09, 07:54 PM
After consultation with SteveT it has been decided to remain as one group for safety reasons.

The trip still remains capped at 13 cars

Bear

NT-Boy
08-12-09, 08:21 PM
I'm going 100% ;D

NT-Boy.........Confirmed.

ZIG-ZAG, Here We Go................. ;D

stevet
08-12-09, 09:13 PM

Wouldn't it just take someone to step up to be another trip leader and just so happen to run a trip to the same location on the same day.
How ever the trip leaders should converse prior to leading out.

Yes, getting someone to lead the other trip( safely) is another issue altogether. I am comfortable with the limit set by the trip leader, his call in the end. Time getting people through, other groups there as well which takes more time, all add up plus whatever else may happen on the day etc, etc. Trip leaders call which Manni has stated already and I am only a "jockey" on the run :( ;) :)........

azasjeep
08-12-09, 09:36 PM
After consultation with SteveT it has been decided to remain as one group for safety reasons.

Bear

Dont want to start an argument, but its this type of thing that could discourage people from joining up if they cant get on trips as alot of people dont know if they would make it or not until close to an event. If someone stepped up to lead a second group from a safety perspective i can't see the difference between one group or two. If anything it's more frustrating having one group of 13 with mixed vehicles and abilities than splitting into two groups with similar levels of vehicles and experience.

Hunno
08-12-09, 10:30 PM

Bear

Dont want to start an argument, but its this type of thing that could discourage people from joining up if they cant get on trips as alot of people dont know if they would make it or not until close to an event. If someone stepped up to lead a second group from a safety perspective i can't see the difference between one group or two. If anything it's more frustrating having one group of 13 with mixed vehicles and abilities than splitting into two groups with similar levels of vehicles and experience.

This is going to be a hot topic & is going to need a more in-depth discussion probably at the next business meeting.
I can understand the concerns of safety & manageability of group size. However with an area the size of Newnes surely 2 groups is not a problem, considering the size of say Menai. Does it not then also give you more resources if something goes wrong.
As I'm about to start shift work in an office that is sort staffed & knowing when I'm getting my next weekend off can & will change with short notice. I would be very disheartened if I could not get on to a trip. Please don't get this wrong I'm not picking an argument either, just a couple of my thoughts for future discussions

Chris

SteveC
08-12-09, 11:09 PM
I can understand the need to limit numbers to ensure not only safety, time etc and to ensure others are not too frustrated sitting around for the tail end to catch up.
As the club grows in numbers, this situation will come up again. I and many others Im sure would hate to miss out because they weren't quick enough to email & confirm. What would happen if we had 100+ active members....?what would happen if a member experienced this 2 or 3 times.
Not every one can book that far ahead and things do come up at the last minute which may not permit you to continue. it happens. I suggest that the number on any trip be actually limited to a lesser number perhaps 6-8 rather than larger numbers. Perhaps grouped in ability and modification of jeep(not sure of that though). Would this not create more trips? I can not see a problem if the 2nd group could start 1 hour later. Just that you need a 2nd leader I suppose. I'd like to see the situation/guidelines where every one has the opportunity to do club trips when they wish
I agree with most of Azasjeep & Chris comments and I'm sure we can come to a solution.

D.K.
09-12-09, 01:48 AM
Well I guess if there are no places and the officials do not allow 2 groups Im keen to go for a non-club drive, and yes I do know the area pretty well - not that I want to you understand ;)

CraigB
09-12-09, 05:26 AM
People missing out is a big one, but then youv'e also got the base mathematics of the convoy = half the speed of the slowest type, by quantity of vehicles. So, in fact the difference between 13 or 14 vehicles is miniscule, but the difference between 8 and 13 vehicles (just for example) is vast. Steve brings up a good point, if recent members cant get on a trip once, well that happens, if it became twice or 3 times, that would be discouraging in the least. (Wouldn't just be new members affected either).

CRB

Bear
09-12-09, 07:03 AM
It would appear we have some unhappy jeepers.

There is no reason that if anyone wants to call a sanctioned trip to the same area on the same day it cannot take place, providing the requirements of the club are met ie. a trip register is compiled and forwarded to the trip co-ordinator, a trip report is filed, and of course someone is prepared to take responsibility for leading such a trip.

The leader of such a trip can then determine which grade tracks will be traversed, vehicle requirements (stock or modified),and the level of driver skill required.

So if anyone is interested call a second trip.

SteveC
09-12-09, 09:22 AM
It's good to see members who are passionate about the club and discussing situations and backing it up with suggestions and alternatives. It shows contributions to the growth of the club, which ALL should be encouraged to do.
Bear I don't think that any jeeper is unhappy I'm certainly not and I agree fully with your comments and club requirements. It's not the end of the world if one misses out . I'm sure there will be other outings.
It's just when you get the time and you miss out then that's sad (got to get away from the wife occasionally - only joing dear). perhaps when ever a trip is created there should be 2 capable members to act as leaders in case you need to have more than one group.
If some one else can lead following the proper club etiquete/rules, then I'm sure we can have a sucessful 2nd team. I'd be happy to lead if I knew the area or do what needs doing
As time goes on we should have more members familiar to lead future trips.
Thanks

sbadman
09-12-09, 09:52 AM
I have a different perspective, a lot of trips lately have been announced with relatively short notice, which means they don't make it to the magazine. Either the run is over by the time the magazine is expected to be out, or the trip is posted after the cut off time! And there are a number of members that aren't active on the forums who never even know about these trips until the next magazine where (hopefully!) a trip report is published.

Just some more food for thought for future trip planners :)

TRBN8R
09-12-09, 01:52 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o

When I posted this trip I thought that everyone will be busy with Christmas preparations and I probably will only get 2 or 3 interested people. But I didn't think so many people want to get away from their wives so desperately. I never intended to cause such a big melee.
DK as suggested by Bear if u want to call another trip to Ziggy on the same day please do and probably some of the members from this group can hop onto that trip thus making both groups smaller and faster. Bear called me to limit the group close to 10 but by the time i got to my computer there were 13 nominations already that's the reason for such a strange cut off number (not that i am superstitious but 13 close to Christmas sounds a bit ominous). But if DK calls another trip to the same location we will have two groups close to 8 members each which will be good for every body. Also another suggestion we can have one group for highly modified vehicles and another for close to stock vehicles.

Cheers
Mani

Hunno
09-12-09, 04:18 PM
So now we seem to have got to a point were we can run another group we need somebody to stand up as group leader.

Mani, since you called for the run maybe you should decide what grade run your looking for(ask someone if your not sure like myself what tracks fall into what category) & then who ever would like to do other grades could nominate to run another group(Maybe someone knows the area "pretty well" could be another leader) & I'm sure some experienced club members would held with the formalities.

Chris

TRBN8R
09-12-09, 06:14 PM
So now we seem to have got to a point were we can run another group we need somebody to stand up as group leader.

Mani, since you called for the run maybe you should decide what grade run your looking for(ask someone if your not sure like myself what tracks fall into what category) & then who ever would like to do other grades could nominate to run another group(Maybe someone knows the area "pretty well" could be another leader) & I'm sure some experienced club members would held with the formalities.

Chris

Hi Chris

I am running AT tyres with a small lift and no lockers so I reckon we will be better off doing C+ trip with a dash of B tracks thrown in. DK with his knowledge and highly modified TJ can call for a B+ or an A grade trip.

Cheers
Mani

Hunno
09-12-09, 06:28 PM
Hi Mani,

Yer that was the impressions I got from earlier posts, thats why I hinted that way. As you already know I'm still stock(no lift) with Steve's muddies, but willing to try.

Chris

CraigB
09-12-09, 08:33 PM
Howdy,

Uncle Bear, I'm not unhappy at all - in fact this small melee of exchanges shows that a certain dynamism has entered into the forum and by that into the club. Now thats positive in extremis. Two 'trips' on the same day, even in the one general locale, creates stimulus. By way of the declaration: "Convoy A is looking at doing tracks grade X, convoy B is doing tracks grade Z", for example, then each vehicle owner can decide for themselves, according to their own decision based on what they consider their vehicle and their own driving personality capable of, or conversly, how much time they have to commit to that on the day.

So, there may actually be some members who have a limited time frame that day - so they can then determine what grade of fun they have that day. I can see other advantages too - for our editor.

Extra trip reports; more word-of-mouth for the club, as more people could be involved on any one day (including guests, either/or on board the members vehicle or in their own vehicle); greater cross-fertilized diversity; plus the added benefit, that some may not be able to commit until too late - but may more easily, or have more chance to attache to any group, if two or more were available with already only 4,6 or 8 vehicles, than they would have if the single group already numbers 10, 13 or 15 etc.

CRB

CraigB
09-12-09, 08:56 PM
I also should have added, the club meets at the RV, then we can decide on the day, who leads what, where and into etc, by consensus of those attending the activity on the day.

CRB

D.K.
09-12-09, 09:21 PM
In the case of the zigzag trip I dont see any necessity to have 2 separate trip schedules because on pretty much all of the tracks I can think of in this area there are easier bypass routes. We could still split up into two groups just to relieve the waiting around time but the general track trip would not vary much - ie: you either drive a particular obstacle or you drive around it - simple! I have no objections leading a few trucks but Im not keen on posting another trip thread to the same place at the same time. Commonsense surely - I dont go 4wding to get entangled in city life beurocracy.

Cheers

Dave K

BlakJaK
09-12-09, 11:11 PM
Howdy All!

I've followed this thread with great interest and am encouraged by the sensible and constructive exchange. Although sadly unable to attend this trip, might I just share my relatively new member's individual point of view? I have found that the harder the terrain, the more desirable are small groups of vehicles of similar ability. So in this instance, I would think that everyone should meet up, then split into two groups, according to level of ambition and pursue separate courses, perhaps joinin up for the cruisier sections. For the actual zigzag track, I would consider large groups to be cumbersome and potentially risky, due to the tightness of the track.
However you all decide to handle it, have a great trip, Xmas and New Year.

Ash
My two bob's worth,

goldeneagle05
10-12-09, 12:20 AM
Hears a thought how about a Saturday trip which suits me more gooderer, Peter

Bear
10-12-09, 07:09 AM
You lucky people a spot just opened up on this trip as I am out.

Could someone pick up SteveT and take him on this trip, I know he really wants to go.

Bear

casey
10-12-09, 08:09 AM
sweet. i'm in, I'll pick you up steve :)

(but if we're the last ones to arrive - you have to write the trip report)

TRBN8R
10-12-09, 09:01 AM
Please see page 1 for the latest trip details

Cheers
Mani

Seeing the great interest i think we will bump up the limit to 15 and that will accommodate every one who has posted up till now. Once at Zig Zag depending on the final numbers that show up, we will split into two groups. If we split up then I propose the more extreme one to be lead by DK and moderate one to be lead by Steve T. Hope that fixes all the dramas. But this is the absolute max i think any more will be really unmanageable.

If running late or canceling on the last minute please let me know on 0405801230. Please be on time as this allows us to start and finish the trip in reasonable time.

The team as at 15/12/2009

MEMBERS

SBADMAN + STEVE T : Confirmed
CASEY : Confirmed
STEVE C : Confirmed
WOLFE : confirmed
OLLY : Confirmed
JK DOLF : Confirmed

GUESTS

CAMERA
BRENDAN: Confirmed (RV @ ZIg Zag Parking lot @0900 Hrs)

Cheers
Mani (TRBN8R)

SteveC
10-12-09, 09:24 AM
Very interesting and valuable points of view by a few but surprisingly not that many ppl. Where are all the other members contributions???

If we split the group into 2 or 3 or whatever...., is there different ways to start the trail? You wouldn't want to to just follow each other, then you'd end up with a looooong jeep.... Perhaps the second group meets up later so it does not bunch up.
also rating the group is going to be very hard especially as not every one is familair with what lays ahead and/or their own ability and comfort level at the time plus the ability and willingness of others. Its mostly play and see situation each time Ive been on a trip.
Steve

Steve F
10-12-09, 11:13 AM
Speaking from experience organise as much as you can before the trip. It's all well and good saying just turn up and go but if 25 vehicles turn up and you then have to work out whos going with who, where(grade A or C), what radio channel (Dont both use the same one but have a second radio on the other group so you can track their progress and location if you're leading the trip), where you'll join up for lunch, whos leading, whos tail end, do both trips have a winched vehicle etc etc you'll waste a lot of time.

It may sound like bureaucracy but it just helps things run smoother and ensures you dont waste an hour in the zigzag carpark. There's no problem with two or three trips on the same day to the same spot, we do it a bit up at Stockton, just get your stuff together and try and organise it. Ideally start a new clean thread with the details in as even though I'm not going after reading through this thread I have no idea what's going on now ;)

Oh and if you can log the trips with a GPS it would be good to have that data on the site so we have a choice of mapped out trips for new trip leaders or people they dont know the area.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
10-12-09, 11:15 AM
Very interesting and valuable points of view by a few but surprisingly not that many ppl. Where are all the other members contributions???

I cant do the 20th so only looked in this thread today to see what was going on (curiosity) I think a lot wont look for the same reason, the title doesn't really reflect a lot of the content anymore ;)

Cheers
Steve

JK_Dolf
10-12-09, 02:31 PM
Should a spot open up... I'd be keen to join the trip. Happy to sit on a reserve list.

However, 15 is an odd number, and 16 splits much more easily into 8's :D

goldeneagle05
10-12-09, 02:37 PM
put me down as a confirm as will probably be there on friday,peter

4130warrior
10-12-09, 05:43 PM
G'day all,

It's Brendan from 4WD Action magazine here.

I'm not sure if guys are aware but we're just about to launch a brand new magazine called 4WD Extreme. This mag (as the name suggests) is dedicated to the hardcore/extreme side of 4WDing - big lifts, tough, technical driving, the comp scene, etc.

Part of what we do every issue is cover tough club trips from around the country. What I'd love to do is see if I can tag along on this trip to take some photos and do a write-up in an upcoming issue of 4WD Extreme. It'd be a great way to promote your club and as an added thank you I'd be happy to supply you with a copy of the full-resolution images (I'm not a brilliant photographer but I do have a good camera!).

If you guys split up on the day I'd like to try and cover both trips, because I could use the A-grade trip report in Extreme 4WD magazine and the C-grade trip report in 4WD Custom Guide magazine.

I have to confess, though, I do drive a Mitsubishi Pajero (but (http://i45.tinypic.com/2lxiiv4.jpg) I'm (http://i48.tinypic.com/34sgzyu.jpg) not (http://i45.tinypic.com/n1sajm.jpg) afraid (http://i46.tinypic.com/207s3lx.jpg) to (http://i45.tinypic.com/n1sajm.jpg) drive (http://i47.tinypic.com/9q9uea.jpg) it (http://i49.tinypic.com/11snzar.jpg)!), although ideally I would leave it at the carpark at ride along so I can concentrate on taking photos.

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Cheers, Brendan

TRBN8R
10-12-09, 06:21 PM
G'day all,

It's Brendan from 4WD Action magazine here.

I'm not sure if guys are aware but we're just about to launch a brand new magazine called 4WD Extreme. This mag (as the name suggests) is dedicated to the hardcore/extreme side of 4WDing - big lifts, tough, technical driving, the comp scene, etc.

Part of what we do every issue is cover tough club trips from around the country. What I'd love to do is see if I can tag along on this trip to take some photos and do a write-up in an upcoming issue of 4WD Extreme. It'd be a great way to promote your club and as an added thank you I'd be happy to supply you with a copy of the full-resolution images (I'm not a brilliant photographer but I do have a good camera!).

If you guys split up on the day I'd like to try and cover both trips, because I could use the A-grade trip report in Extreme 4WD magazine and the C-grade trip report in 4WD Custom Guide magazine.

I have to confess, though, I do drive a Mitsubishi Pajero (but (http://i45.tinypic.com/2lxiiv4.jpg) I'm (http://i48.tinypic.com/34sgzyu.jpg) not (http://i45.tinypic.com/n1sajm.jpg) afraid (http://i46.tinypic.com/207s3lx.jpg) to (http://i45.tinypic.com/n1sajm.jpg) drive (http://i47.tinypic.com/9q9uea.jpg) it (http://i49.tinypic.com/11snzar.jpg)!), although ideally I would leave it at the carpark at ride along so I can concentrate on taking photos.

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Cheers, Brendan

Hi Brendan

Mate U are more than welcome to ride with me or any other Jeep of your choice as long as the club scores a mention in the magazine. Let me know where u r gonna join us at Richmond Meccas 0730 Hrs or Zig Zag parking lot 0900 Hrs.

Cheers
Mani (TRBN8R)

4130warrior
10-12-09, 07:36 PM
Cheers Mani.

I'll meet you guys up there at the carpark at 9am. If there's no dramas with a spare seat then I might hop on the bike for a blat up Bells Line Rd cause it's been neglected lately.

Whether I do one or two different reports the club will definitely get a good mention, as well as any and all members who are happy to have their name and photo published. And again whether you guys split up or stay in one big group makes no difference again, such is the magic of taking a million photos!

Cheers again,
Brendan

NT-Boy
10-12-09, 08:31 PM
Woooo, This trip gonna be a big one. :o

How cool is that, 4WD Action Mag. is going to be there, thats definitely good for the Club. Looks like im gonna have to put on a nice t-shirt. ;D

Is the Big chero with long arms and 35's going to be there? ::)

sbadman
10-12-09, 08:43 PM
I'll have to make sure I clean the Jeep up real nice, extra pre-soak at the local self serve car wash :D

CraigB
10-12-09, 09:45 PM
Immer Voran

Wolfe, Olly, JK Dolf, Bears and Steves

You gotta be on this trip: Ever Onward

Miraz
11-12-09, 12:26 AM
Stick me on the reserve list too....

JK_Dolf
11-12-09, 10:44 AM
That second group is looking like a mighty good idea... ;D

SteveC
11-12-09, 12:06 PM
1st need to see who can volunteer for the second leader?

First group would be those that wish to start earlier at a set time, the second group could start 1 hour later and so on.
I agree that you'd need to put a cap on any trip. This should be set by the instigator of the trip.
You'd need to get confirmation of who wants to start when. I'm sure it will even out. If the first group fills (e.g. 1st 8 jeeps) then the overs would HAVE to start hour later. It would default to allow every one to meet different ppl with differing jeeps, ideas etc etc
Is there a web poll option where you can "vote" your prefered trip start time?

What you think?

TRBN8R
11-12-09, 01:21 PM
If theres any late withdrawals can you let me know as Id like to join the fun :)

If you havn't done the pipeline track (different to the popular powerline track) thats good value.

Dave

Hi Steve C
Mate its getting too complicated to be a fun run. As it has always happened some people who have confirmed will pull out due to unforeseen circumstances. So the final size of the group will become clearer towards the next weekend. If we have manageable numbers we will stay as one group. but if no one pulls out and we have to split up then the second group will be led by DK to do the Pipeline track, while the first group will be led by Steve T in my Jeep or some other Jeep for the normal powerlines track. Running two different times will further complicate things and I think if people still insist on that then some one with a bit more experience than me needs to take over this trip.

Cheers
Mani

goldeneagle05
11-12-09, 04:55 PM
It is a big area and it really neds to be a weekend trip as so big a group will just slow the day down and u dont geet much done in just a couple of hours u need a full day so an earlier start may be needed to get a resonable area covered. Also photo shoots and video taking just slows things down even further as repeat attempt at a rock to get the best shot adds more time. I am going up on Friday and going to glow worn tunnels and mapping the area with my new toys so if u want to come up on the saturday I will be staying at the camp site where glowworm road begins(its some aboriginal name?) and I might show u my secret track.

Peter

CraigB
11-12-09, 07:59 PM
Splinter or no splinter, this is gonna be a great end 2009 trip.

CRB

4130warrior
13-12-09, 10:40 PM
I can assure you I won't slow anyone down taking photos. My idea is to try and snag a seat up the front of the trip so I can get out at any hills/obstacles and take photos as everyone drives it like they normally would. I've shot a fair few club runs now and can't remember ever asking anyone to re-drive something for a shot.

What would help massively when it comes to actually putting the article together, would be if those attending would could take five minutes to send me an email with some details.

Name:
Brief description of vehicle so I can match you to shots:
Basic rundown on mods - suspension, engine mods, wheels/tyres, barwork, driveline mods, etc
What's your favourite mod?
Anything you'd change about your setup?
What's the best thing about being a member of the Sydney Jeep Club?
What's the best thing about being a Jeeper in general?

If you could email me your answers to brendan@4wdaction.com.au I'd appreciate it.

Cheers, looking forward to Sunday!
Brendan

Wolfe
14-12-09, 07:24 AM
i'm in

Miraz
14-12-09, 10:03 AM
I've started another thread for an A/B grade trip in the same area in order to keep this one down to a more manageable size.

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/index.php?topic=1756.0

TRBN8R
14-12-09, 10:13 AM
Thanks Miraz

Dear All
If anyone wishes to jump over to the other trip being run by Geoff (MIRAZ) please let me know so i can change the names on the list accordingly. WOW this is a great club with so many people eager to participate in the club activities.

Cheers
Mani

NT-Boy
14-12-09, 12:47 PM
This will be my first club trip to the zig-zag, so i dont know what grade to do? ::)

I'm thinking ill go with Mani's group, Dont know if my XJ is set up for A/B grade trails? :-\

SteveC
14-12-09, 01:43 PM
I'm prepared to go with the 1st group to Zig Zag as I'm not sure of A/B grade capability.

JK_Dolf
14-12-09, 02:51 PM
With no lift I'd like to stick with Mani's group... that's if there's a spot for me ;D

sbadman
14-12-09, 05:55 PM
I've never even been to Zig Zag, so first group does me fine for this one :)

Hunno
14-12-09, 07:44 PM
I would love to do the Spanish Steps again, However since I'm in a Stock ZJ I guess I'm best staying in the first group.
Thanks Chris

CraigB
14-12-09, 08:47 PM
I'm driving with DK. Whatever trip - 8)

tonysrich
14-12-09, 10:14 PM
Here's an idea, there won't be too many cars doing the A/B+ tracks, maybe 4 or 6, that still leaves about a dozen cars. Lets split this group in two to do the power lines, one group from south to north, the other north to south. I did the power lines last week and have the directions to enter the power lines from the north programed into my GPS. It's only about twenty minutes drive along the fire trails untill you come to the second sub station.

I'll volenteer to lead this group going north to south. When the two groups meet up we can stop for lunch and Brendan from 4WD Action can swap groups so he can get photos of everyone in the other group. If there are no big delays both groups should get back to the car park at roughly the same time. It shouldn't take very long to organise either, the A/B+ guys know who they are and we can just split the remainder evenly. Me and Mani could just walk along the parked cars and asign them odd or even. Too easy.

azasjeep
14-12-09, 10:14 PM
Ill be up for the steps

Wolfe
14-12-09, 10:42 PM
if we can get permission for the steps :(

Miraz
14-12-09, 11:13 PM
if we can get permission for the steps :(

I think I've got that sorted....

Steve F
15-12-09, 12:09 AM
Just remember guys if you do the steps it's kinda expected you do the next working bee there as well, at least that's what I've been told in the past.

Cheers
Steve

D.K.
15-12-09, 01:34 AM
Itinerary wise,
Im guessing SteveT will be taking the turn to the left before you get to the main T intersection on the dirt road out from the railway.
The turn to the left leads down via one of 3 tracks to a boghole before some interesting driving up a rutted clay track.
Im guessing the powerlines track and Ranger Bob will also be on the menu. The last part of the powerlines where it drops into the boghole could be a bit of an unknown quantity from what ive heard.

If people are interested I dont mind relieving the convoy pressure - we could start out on the Pipeline Track (and the tracks up the hillside on the L are challenging). The pipeline track isn't hard but it just makes a change if you've done the powerlines a few times. There are some good wombat holes at the top and further along which really give your suspension a good workout. We can always catch up with the main group later on.
Cheers

Dave

TRBN8R
15-12-09, 10:52 AM
With no lift I'd like to stick with Mani's group... that's if there's a spot for me ;D

Hi Dolf

Mate u r in. we have now come down to 14 members for this trip thanks to MIRAZ running the other trip. At this time we have managed to accommodate everyone who had posted to go on the trip.

Cheers
Mani

TRBN8R
15-12-09, 11:02 AM
Hi All

As you know MIRAZ is runnung another trip to Spanish Steps so the numbers have changed a bit. the team as on 15/12/2009 is as under.

The team as at 15/12/2009

MEMBERS

SBADMAN + STEVE T : Confirmed
JK DOLF : Confirmed

STEVE C : Confirmed (RV @ ZIg Zag Parking lot @0900 Hrs)

WOLFE : confirmed
OLLY : Confirmed
CASEY : Confirmed

GUESTS

ZJTOO : Confirmed (RV @ ZIg Zag Parking lot @0900 Hrs)

CAMERA
BRENDAN: Confirmed (RV @ ZIg Zag Parking lot @0900 Hrs)

Cheers
Mani (TRBN8R)

JK_Dolf
15-12-09, 02:33 PM
Thanks Mani.

Excellent outcome for the club! All interested members accomodated for.. should be a great day!

SteveC
15-12-09, 03:02 PM
Zig Zag Parking lot for me at 9am. ;)

sbadman
15-12-09, 03:16 PM
Remember everyone last one to the meet point WILL be writing the trip report ;)

NT-Boy
15-12-09, 10:28 PM
Will see you at Rendezvous Point 1: 0730 Hrs at Richmond Meccas.

SteveC
16-12-09, 10:07 AM
Remember everyone last one to the meet point WILL be writing the trip report ;)

Is that last one at maccas or last one at zig zag???? Seems it will be a last one at zig zag that writes it.... hmmm

zjtoo
16-12-09, 06:00 PM
if there is any vacancysfor this trip would i be able to attend

TRBN8R
16-12-09, 07:07 PM
if there is any vacancysfor this trip would i be able to attend

Hi Mate

With enough people going over to the other trip we have space to accommodate another guest. Come along for a run and if u enjoy the run then come join the club.

Cheers
Mani

zjtoo
16-12-09, 08:19 PM
thanks alot ill meet you at zigzag

4130warrior
19-12-09, 08:41 PM
D-Day tomorrow guys! Forecast's saying a bit of a shower, should be a good day anyway. See you all at Zig Zag at 9am.

Hunno
20-12-09, 07:06 AM
See you all real soon

Chris

JK_Dolf
20-12-09, 10:05 AM
sorry guys, I'm very embarrassed.

Had a firecall very early this morning, and got home with time for another hours sleep or so, unfortunately I'd left my phone (read: alarm clock) in the car. Slept like a baby till just now when I woke with just that little bit of panic!

If I leave now it will be almost lunchtime by the time I get there so will have to sit this out, after all the effort put into this trip I'm terribly sorry.

Hope you have a great day!

matt85
20-12-09, 07:01 PM
What a great day!
Thanx to everybody who lent a helpn hand with my tyre puncture!
Lesson learnt never to cable tie sway bars up as they break and puncture(destroy) your not so old maxxis bighorns. hehe

hope you all have a great christmas and even better new years, c you all next year! ;D

goldeneagle05
20-12-09, 09:45 PM
Matt there is a place at Doyalson who do great things with punctures, they even fixed my cut sidewall on a bfg for $35. These guys do all puncture work on central coast and newy. PM me for directions if u want them. Peter

4130warrior
21-12-09, 12:06 PM
Thanks for having me along guys. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.

I haven't had a chance to process the second half of the day's shots yet (will by tomorrow), but for now here's the Spanish Steps A grade trip photos.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/4130warrior/Jeep%20Club%20Trip/

SteveC
21-12-09, 12:20 PM
Great start to the day but unfortunately I had to pull out with a steering problem. Which got worse as I drove home. Really peeved off that I did not complete what started as a great day out. I look forward to hearing from others of what happened

Hunno
21-12-09, 01:11 PM
And yes, Merry Christmas & we WILL see you next year.

Hunno
21-12-09, 01:29 PM
Hey, looking through the photos from Brendon & the only ones shown are from the Spainish Steps area. Does this mean his keeping the rest underwraps????

4130warrior
21-12-09, 03:34 PM
Check the second half of my post mate. I haven't had a chance to process the second lot of shots yet -- I had about 1300 to cull and process and I didn't get home until 7.30pm, plus one article was due first thing this morning. Gonna process the other shots tonight, and will likely get some more up tomorrow.

CraigB
21-12-09, 05:12 PM
This trip was a FBT.

New steering damper and some additions to suspension required for me. Nice.

CRBJK

zjtoo
21-12-09, 07:56 PM
Thanks for agreat day daughter really had doubts about jeeps caperbilities both children enjoyed the day and the friendlyness of al the jeep club members looking forward to being on other trips ray

stevet
21-12-09, 08:32 PM
Great day out, even from a jockey's view point :P :). Good pic's Brendon, can't wait for the rest of the pics, wanting to see that ZJ kicking it's heels up in that pit ;D
Merry Christmas all and have a great new year............................. Stephen T.

sbadman
21-12-09, 08:51 PM
Thanks for agreat day daughter really had doubts about jeeps caperbilities

I hope those doubts were gone by the end of the day :D

Good to have you along, it certainly was a great day!

NT-Boy
21-12-09, 11:42 PM
What a great day out ;D It was good to put more faces to names. Top trip to finish the year off.

Top photos Brendan :o

Ive got some videos that ill post up in the new year when i get back from Darwin,i Can make some copys up on dvds if you want, just pm me.....

Have a good X-mas and a great new year. 8)

Hunno
21-12-09, 11:44 PM
Thanks for agreat day daughter really had doubts about jeeps caperbilities both children enjoyed the day and the friendlyness of al the jeep club members looking forward to being on other trips ray

Just remember the only thing diffrent between our cars was a set of muddies.
Hope to see you & family again

Hunno
21-12-09, 11:48 PM
What a great day out ;D It was good to put more faces to names. Top trip to finish the year off.

Top photos Brendon :o

Ive got some videos that ill post up in the new year when i get back from Darwin, Can make some copys up on dvds if you want, just pm me.....

Have a good X-mas and a great new year. 8)

I'd love a copy on DVD as I connect via wireless key, very very slow.

NT-Boy
21-12-09, 11:52 PM
Had to post this one up ;D

GO THE XJ's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zpfqODJBeg

Part 1

will post up more when i get back cheers ;)

4130warrior
22-12-09, 10:13 AM
Hey guys, same link now has images from the second half of the day.

reyzor
22-12-09, 12:11 PM
whos is the green XJ in the video?

thats nice....

NT-Boy
22-12-09, 12:37 PM

thats nice....

Some crazy Dude, That owns a well set up XJ, that likes to drive around in 2wd ;)

NT-Boy
22-12-09, 12:51 PM
Guys pls Post up some more PIC'S ::)

Miraz
22-12-09, 01:10 PM
Quite pleased with this one...

http://www.miraz.com/gallery/d/11559-1/IMGP6884+1.jpg

reyzor
22-12-09, 01:29 PM

thats nice....

Some crazy Dude, That owns a well set up XJ, that likes to drive around in 2wd ;)

does that crazy dude have a name?

CraigB
22-12-09, 03:51 PM
Thats not a Crazy Dude. Thats Mr. Wolfe.

CRBJK

NT-Boy
22-12-09, 05:21 PM
Sensei Wolfe, stole the show on sunday, hope to see his chero in 4wd custom mag :)

Go the XJ's ;D

Great job Scott and Stevet did up front, only wish id got more vid's of your XJ Scott.
:)

sbadman
22-12-09, 08:02 PM

CRBJK

CraigB is the Crazy Dude for attempting one of the final climbs, and making it!

Maggie
22-12-09, 08:03 PM
Why wouldn't he . he has a JK

Maggie.

sbadman
22-12-09, 08:24 PM
Why wouldn't he . he has a JK

Maggie.

The JK before him had winched up to ensure he stayed on the safe side (and 4 wheels!)

Miraz
22-12-09, 08:50 PM
Yeah - but that's only cause I'm a nervous Nellie when it comes to that sort of thing

CraigB
23-12-09, 10:22 AM
LOL editor-in-chief, CraigB not 'Crazy-Dude', Tashunka Witko. ;D

TRBN8R
23-12-09, 10:52 AM
Wowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a way to say good bye to 2009. When I posted for this trip expected not more than 3 or 4 member to express interest but the response was way beyond my expectations. With so many people wanting to go and not many spots MIRAZ came to the rescue with another trip to the Spanish Steps.
We started to arrive at the Famous Irish Family restaurant at Richmond about 0730 Hrs on the 20th. Everyone showed up well within time and we were on our way to Zig Zag at about 0800 Hrs with the exception of JK Dolf who slept in and missed the trip. We reached Zig Zag about 0900 Hrs and Tony, JB, ZJTOO and Brendan were already waiting for us. We waited for Hunty till 1000 Hrs and then we decided to go ahead with the trip after airing down and disconnecting.
Led was taken by SBADMAN under the able guidance of SteeT. Tony took up the tail end. As normal we came across Veronicas bog hole and this time SBADMAN decided to get stuck in it. A little snatch from my JK pulled him out and we carried on. Came across the first really challenging bit and realised that NPWS had blocked off both the tough bits. So we took the easy one and came across another nice climb. Blue Mountains 4WD Cluub was there before us. We witnessed modded up Pootrols and Toymotas struggle on the track. But most of us made it without any hassle. We came across some nice wombat holes that tested our articulation. We did some hard and soft ones and then we stopped for lunch. Earlier during the day Steve C faced some stfeering issues and bailed out.
The other group had finished their fun trip to Spanish steps and joined us for some fun. We tested our cars at different tracks aome of them too hard for me. We came across one bit and I took the chicken track after witnessing MIRAZ clinging on to the rock and eventually winching himself out of there. But Craig B steamed thru it as if it was not there at all. Steve T led us to the lost city and it was the most wonderful spectacle of nature I have ever seen. The guys had to drag me out of there. We did some more tracks and nothing untoward happened. We reached the Zig Zag parking lot about 1800 Hrs. We aired up and left for home soon after.
As we were airing up we came across a very deserving candidate for Moron Of The Day award. This guy driving a Blue Pootrol drove across at a very high speed without regards for anyones safety and then at the same speed jumped on to the highway without govong way. This kind of stupid behaviog gets us 4Wders in trouble with the normal society and I am happy he wasn’t a jeep driver.

The team was as under.
The A Team
TRBN8R
SBADMAN + STEVE T
MATT85
HUNNO
NTBOY
TONY
JB
STEVE C

ZJTOO

CAMERA
BRENDAN

PS: forgot to add the casuality list.

MATT85: Busted tyre. Loose swaybar link pushed thru the side wall
SteveC: Damage to the steering component.
Craig B: Busted steering damper.

Cheers
Mani

easy_rider
24-12-09, 09:47 AM
I would be very keen for this trip at any weekend in Jan or Feb; unfortunatelly could not make it now :-(

Anyone else interested?

MARTIN

TRBN8R
24-12-09, 12:36 PM
Hi Martin
this trip was soooooooo much fun that we will try to run another early next year.

Cheers
Mani

CraigB
24-12-09, 12:57 PM
Would like to go on this one again too.

CRBJK

SteveC
24-12-09, 07:05 PM
and I would like to complete it too.

In regards to my steering probelm - discovered that all was wrong was the front track bar that was movining left to right when I truned direction. Pulled the TB out - cleaned it, lubed it and tightend it all up - now no problems hopefully.

Hunno
24-12-09, 11:53 PM
Sounds good Early Jan I free,

tonysrich
26-12-09, 04:18 AM
With all due respect to Sensei Wolfe's acrobatics in his mighty mean green XJ machine, I think that CraigB must have pulled off the run of the day on that last climb. While I'm no expert myself I believe that most authorities on 4WDing would agree that maintaining momentum and engine revs crutial to hill climbing but I do think that they mean that you should use Low 1st and to keep the revs under the red line.

I might be a novice to all this but here is a tip for you Craig, pull the "other" gear stick all the way back mate, that's called "low range". But then you learnt to drive "off road" with the Army, didn't you? I guess the idea of driving through the bush in a forty year old clapped out Land Rover with a Russian tank up your arse gives you a different persepective on off road driving technique.

Mind you he does have something to his style. Not only was he the quickest one up the climb (by about a light year) and I think the only one to get up in one go but he never scraped a thing and did the whole climb with a smoke hanging out the side of his mouth. He looked more like he was in the cab of a Kenworth cruising down the Hume Hwy than doing one of the hardest climbs of the day, and he made it look so easy (and fast) that I think half the group missed it.

Definately the winner of the "Balls and All Award" for the day I reckon. Oh, and Craig mate, remind me to NEVER EVER to get in a car with you, I've got a wife and kids to think of.

CRBJK

CraigB is the Crazy Dude for attempting one of the final climbs, and making it!

CraigB
28-12-09, 10:15 AM
Cant live forever - live without limits.

CRBJK

NT-Boy
21-01-10, 11:31 PM
Sorry about the wait, hope you all like ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogjOOBliKSE

sbadman
22-01-10, 12:32 AM
Sorry about the wait, hope you all like ;D

Glad you got at least one shot of me in there ;)

tonysrich
25-01-10, 04:04 PM
That video footage is great. I reckon that the club should seriously consider buying a video camera so that we can take videos of every club trip.

goldeneagle05
26-01-10, 10:56 PM
great videos and great to see the tracks again, u remember the trip when seeing a video ;D

Wolfe
27-01-10, 09:45 AM
That video footage is great. I reckon that the club should seriously consider buying a video camera so that we can take videos of every club trip.

Good idea, however I'm not sure the club has the funds to do so, besides I think you'll find several members have access to video recorders. In fact I have one I would be willing to loan out to trip leaders, if a guarantee could be made regarding the safety of it.

sbadman
27-01-10, 11:14 AM
Practically every digital camera these days has decent video quality. The biggest hurdle seems to be a technical one ie knowing how to get the videos online. I could put a feature in the March magazine if there's enough interest and/or someone wants to write one up?

Wolfe
27-01-10, 11:18 AM
I find my digital video camera works very well and is quite easy to use. Especially the video capture and editing. I just use u tube for uploading the film

D.K.
27-01-10, 02:11 PM
Nice video.
Looks like the pixel aspect ratio is getting stretched during the conversion process - look how tall and squashed the trucks look :) What format was the original footage shot in?

Hunno
27-01-10, 02:30 PM
Has anybody considered gathering all the footage(& Photo's in slide show form) from the club over the years to make a DVD Package?

I realise this would take some doing. Add a little info like who/where/when & offer it in the Starter pack & option to buy as new Disks fill up.
This would be relatively inexpensive but would take someone with computer editing skills.

I know I like to watch 4wding footage & if its of people I know & vehicles I'm interested in all the better.

It would have to beat searching around the forum to find bits & pieces of footage.

Wolfe
27-01-10, 03:24 PM
Yes, Steve F and I had spoken about it but its one of those thing to get around to.

casey
27-01-10, 06:53 PM
If anyone feels strongly enough about these things, eg: a club video camera, collating club videos etc they are MORE than welcome to donate a camera and/or volunteer their time to achieve these goals :)

Don't wait for "somebody" ie. "the committee" to get around to organising it, they're plenty busy running the club already. Put your hand up and volunteer :)

Hunno
27-01-10, 06:58 PM
If anyone feels strongly enough about these things, eg: a club video camera, collating club videos etc they are MORE than welcome to donate a camera and/or volunteer their time to achieve these goals :)

Don't wait for "somebody" ie. "the committee" to get around to organising it, they're plenty busy running the club already. Put your hand up and volunteer :)

Would love to but with this wireless key it takes 10mins to load 30 seconds of Video

casey
27-01-10, 07:03 PM

Would love to but with this wireless key it takes 10mins to load 30 seconds of Video

thats cool, if you can collate the vids, I'll gladly pick them up at a club meeting and upload them all to youtube. thats the easy part :)

Steve F
27-01-10, 07:32 PM
Yes, Steve F and I had spoken about it but its one of those thing to get around to.

I'm still happy to collate and convert etc, if anyone has some footage that we can stick on a DVD then shoot me a PM and I'll send you my address. Collecting it all is the tough bit ;)

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
28-01-10, 07:57 AM

I'm still happy to collate and convert etc, if anyone has some footage that we can stick on a DVD then shoot me a PM and I'll send you my address. Collecting it all is the tough bit ;)

Cheers
Steve

Steve,

I've Started a New thread to advise people to bring any footage (on DVD) to club meeting & or to attach links to the thread so they are in the one spot to help in collating it.

Hunno
08-02-10, 01:12 AM
Just wondering if the photo's that Brendan took from this trip are going to make or have made the cut & if so they could be release as soon as next months issue.