PDA

View Full Version : Requirments for running a Trip???

Hunno
09-12-09, 04:35 PM
Just wondering is there a post detailing the requirements needed to be completed prior to running a trip? Or have just missed it.

I was just thinking of a simple check list of requirements e.g.

posting the trip online(tick)
send copy of trip to Club editor(tick)

trip register(tick)
insurance forms[I don't really know either](tick)

but you get the idea.
As I get more organised & comfortable with in the club I guess I will be taking my turn to be trip leader & would be nice to have a simple check list to follow.

Chris

Bear
09-12-09, 07:45 PM
All the information that has been requested is contained in the"welcome kit" sent to all members on joining the club

glend
09-12-09, 09:24 PM
I've noticed that MJOC run the occasional 'Trip Leaders Course' which sounds like a useful thing to do (maybe once a year).

Hunno
09-12-09, 09:26 PM
Thanks Bear,

Reading through the Welcome Letter it out lines Trip Grading, eligibility etc.
There is one section "Guidance for Trip Leaders" that does cover some of what I was thinking. However I was thinking something more along the lines of the "Welcome Kit" that anybody could access, print off & use.
Including Things like:

Check List - including Location, Track Grading, Limitation of No. of Cars, Advertised Trip (1. On website 2. Club Mag).other tings to be disscussed
Trip Register
Track Report
Any other required things other people may want included

I believe something of the sort may encourage new Trip Leaders come out of the wood work.

This is only a suggestion & would like some feedback from others.

Bear
09-12-09, 09:33 PM
Go to club members/club matters/welcome kit area of the forum

Hunno
09-12-09, 10:07 PM
Sydney Jeep Club > Forum > Club Members Only > Club Matters
Members-only area Membership Welcome Kit by Steve F?

Is this the right location?
I found the Hot Link to the "Welcome Kit" but that doesn't tell you step by step what is required to Run/Lead a Trip.

I saw with Mani's trip posting that he just listed a desire to go out on a set date & went from there. I was thought there might have been more required than this for to cover the Legal Requirements.

Steve F
09-12-09, 10:25 PM
To cover the club from an insurance point of view you just have to put the trip up on the forum or in the magazine, both are valid spots for declaring a trip. We checked this many years ago. The only other thing you need to do is get a list of names and regos of those officially on the trip, do this before you start the trip and get visitors and adult passengers to sign as well.

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
09-12-09, 11:14 PM
Thats pretty simple then. Sounds to simple, I've become so adpted to jumping thou hops to do the simplest jobs(thats Goverment for covering there own arses).

JK_Dolf
10-12-09, 02:27 PM
I'm glad this was covered. The club only exists to meet the needs of it's members, and one of the biggest needs is to get out and drive!

Hopefully now this will encourage more willing trip leaders, so we shouldn't have the problem of reaching a vehicle cap. Splitting a trip into two is a very easy to ensure everyone can get out there.

Obviously some areas such as Menai would not accomodate two groups at once. But it seems to me the biggest factor for members when it comes to getting out to club trips is the 'when' not the 'where'. So if a trip becomes over-subscribed, it might be a suitable solution that a splinter group heads elsewhere on the same day. That way everyone gets a run.

And of course.. this all assumes we have leaders available.

Steve F
10-12-09, 04:00 PM
Even Menai will cater for more than one trip, look at the number of clubs out there on a cleanup day. As I've posted in another thread the main thing if there are multiple trips to the same place is to get organised, the trip leader/organiser should know how many are coming before the day and either set a cutoff and stick to it or organise a second leader so the trip can be split.

So for multiple trips to the one place have your trip leader/leaders sorted, know who is on what trip, sign a trip register and make sure you're not running on the same UHF channel and have a rough idea of where each trip is going so you dont meet up head on in a bog hole ;) If you want to meet up for lunch have the time and place organised in advance. Basically do as much as you can before hand as there is nothing worse than trying to explain to 20 drivers what is going on on the day and who they should follow etc, it can get frustrating spending an hour in a carpark trying to work it all out :)

Cheers
Steve

JK_Dolf
10-12-09, 05:17 PM
Basically do as much as you can before hand as there is nothing worse than trying to explain to 20 drivers what is going on on the day and who they should follow etc, it can get frustrating spending an hour in a carpark trying to work it all out :)

Agreed.

And if we can build a database of trip routes from GPS data... different groups can be assigned different routes.

CraigB
10-12-09, 09:27 PM
Menai or similar sized area easily covers 2+ drive groups. The point is, if a splinter convoy developed spontaneously or was pre-planned for a day out, then the bases are all covered, allowing greater diversity.

CRB