PDA

View Full Version : Another trip on Zig Zag area on 20th December - Spanish Steps

Miraz
14-12-09, 10:02 AM
I've exchanged a couple of messages with Mani about running a second trip in the Zig Zag area on Sunday 20th in order to break the groups up into manageable sizes.

The 4wd asn have indicated that they should be able to let us have access to the Spanish Steps track for an A/B grade trip.

We'll use the same meeting points as Mani's trip, and see if we can arrange a mutual meeting point at the end of the day to compare stories.

Rendezvous Point 1: 0730 Hrs at Richmond Meccas. Departure for Zig Zag at 0745 Hrs.
Rendezvous Point 2: 0900 Hrs at Parking lot Zig Zag train station.
Vehicle Limit: 10

Please ensure your vehicle is appropiately equipped and prepared for an A/B grade trip.

Geoff

Register
1. Miraz
2. Heidi
3. Azasjeep
4. Olly
5. DK
6. CraigB
7. Wolfe
8. Casey

Heidi
14-12-09, 10:47 AM
Count us in for Spanish Steps
Heidi and Brian

goldeneagle05
14-12-09, 09:27 PM
Ive got a stock tj but I will try your trip, ;D :D ;) ;) ;) ;),peter

Miraz
14-12-09, 11:14 PM
Oh, well - if it's a TJ it will be fine... ;D

Wolfe
15-12-09, 01:15 AM
have you done the steps before? I havent been in ages and wouldn't mind giving it a crack . If i remeber correctly its only short so we could still catch up with the others?

D.K.
15-12-09, 01:16 AM
Ive done the Spanish steps with another club awhile ago and it is a very nice drive but not A/B unless you were really lookng for difficulties. Which side are you going in from? Glow Worm Tunnels side or the BlackFellow Hand Side?

Wolfe
15-12-09, 01:39 AM
did you go around or up the rock face?

D.K.
15-12-09, 01:59 AM
did you go around or up the rock face?

Rockface? theres rock everywhere :D But probably not - we drove down the steps from the GlowWorms Tunnel Side. One of the guys tried a side "track" - basically a waterworn gully on the RHS after the main steps which must be A+, he didn't make it and he's a hardboy ;) The group called it buttcrack!

Miraz
15-12-09, 07:05 AM
The general idea that I was working too was to do a loop of the Powerline/Pipeline, Ranger Bob's, Son of Bob's then the Spanish Steps from BFH end.

There are enough side tracks, and interesting variations to keep us amused - although the Spanish Steps itself is not really a challenge...just a good track that I've not down for ages.

Given we will be in the same general vicinity as the other group, then intention would be to catch up with them later in the day.

Heidi
15-12-09, 09:14 AM
We often turn around at the sunny corner gate and go back the same way

Miraz
15-12-09, 02:22 PM
DK - are you coming on this trip or the other one?

goldeneagle05
15-12-09, 07:46 PM
me see u at zig zag,peter

D.K.
15-12-09, 08:11 PM
Yeah Ok, put me down for this one - thanks Miraz.
Im fairly sure CraigB will want to join the fun - I will PM him

CraigB
15-12-09, 09:35 PM
Ah ha!
Ok, I'm up for this, put me down for the SS - confirmed.

CRBJK

casey
15-12-09, 09:58 PM
i want to go on this one.. but i cant guarantee that i will be able to go to the next clean up - when do they have them?

Heidi
15-12-09, 10:09 PM
Casey - there wont be one till next year. They tend to only have them every 4-6 months. The next few will probably involve paying some one to professionaly drill holes in the rock for posts.
the best thing at the moment is for clubs to run approved trips there and report track conditions and any damage or illegal access to the association.

Miraz
15-12-09, 10:40 PM
i want to go on this one.. but i cant guarantee that i will be able to go to the next clean up - when do they have them?

Should I stick you on the list - after Heidi's comments?

casey
16-12-09, 12:07 AM
yeah, for sure.

D.K.
18-12-09, 11:18 PM
Im out. A family commitment has just arisen which I cant get out of :(. Have fun.
Hope to catch up with some of you blokes on a run in the near future.

Cheers
Dave

azasjeep
20-12-09, 03:08 AM
Im out couldnt get the jeep back together in time :(

4130warrior
21-12-09, 12:04 PM
Thanks to those who made it yesterday, top day! I appreciate you all making me feel welcome on the trip.

Here's a selection of the best of my images. When the mag comes out I'll get high res shots to you guys.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/4130warrior/Jeep%20Club%20Trip/

floody
21-12-09, 06:28 PM
heidi and i had a great day ,i just gos to show what a near standed TJ can do .oh and my ears have now just stopped ringing from all the screaming.

floody

Ps. there are some realy nice shots in there brendan, thanks for comeing out .

Miraz
21-12-09, 07:11 PM
That was a damn fine day out - thanks to all for making it turn out the way it did.

Brendon - Photos look good, look forward to seeing some of the rest of them

Geoff

Wolfe
21-12-09, 07:36 PM
Thanks to all for a great day out, excellent photos Brendan, just got my new desktop ;D Thanks for coming along. Any other budding photographers out there?

casey
21-12-09, 07:47 PM
that was an awesome trip to end the year on! :)

great photos Brendan :)

Steve F
21-12-09, 08:40 PM
Man, wish I could have made it, looks like it was a great day.

Cheers
Steve

Heidi
22-12-09, 12:16 AM
I was looking at them at work today and one of the guys came over just as I was viewing the one with my wheel in the air...he was horrified!
I suggested he come out on a trip one day as he has a just bought a 2nd hand JK...he said he was not ready for that kind of driving yet LOL

4130warrior
22-12-09, 10:12 AM
If you check the same link again, there's now shots from the second half of the day up.

If anyone would like a higher resolution image to use as a desktop background, email me the image you want (filename's no good, photobucket changes file names I think) and your desktop resolution size and I will make you a wallpaper up and email it back.

Cheers, and have a great Christmas everyone.
Brendan

CraigB
22-12-09, 03:56 PM
Nice job Brendon.

CRBJK

azasjeep
22-12-09, 05:04 PM
Sad i missed it, looked like fun :(

But the jeep is still broken, then when i realised on saturday it wouldnt be fixed started playing with my compressor for the lockers aas it had been leaking a bit and managed to make it explode so its even more broken now so wont be back out and about till after new years.

sir_camel
23-12-09, 05:50 PM
I see you guys drove the creek bed just up from the steps. I remember when we found that on a club trip probably 3 or so years ago. I'll try and dig up a video. I think Wolfe was there that day.

sir_camel
23-12-09, 05:54 PM
Looks like it was a bit dryer for you guys.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc128/sir_camel/th_Camel_0001.jpg (http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc128/sir_camel/?action=view&current=Camel_0001.flv)

Wolfe
23-12-09, 07:24 PM
I see you guys drove the creek bed just up from the steps. I remember when we found that on a club trip probably 3 or so years ago. I'll try and dig up a video. I think Wolfe was there that day.

That was the day Brad nearly flipped his tj wasnt it?

sir_camel
24-12-09, 12:18 AM
Nah i don't think brad had his TJ there. Or if he did i don't think he did that climb. The people who drove it were Wiz, his mate with the XJ with all of JimmyB's stuff on it (can't remember his name), Rob in the KJ and i think that's it. the XJ was close to rolling, i think Wiz or Ben caught it literally. Ah memories.

Steve F
24-12-09, 09:56 AM
Nah i don't think brad had his TJ there. Or if he did i don't think he did that climb. The people who drove it were Wiz, his mate with the XJ with all of JimmyB's stuff on it (can't remember his name), Rob in the KJ and i think that's it. the XJ was close to rolling, i think Wiz or Ben caught it literally. Ah memories.

There's still a picture of Wiz driving it on the "SJC Wallpaper" in the left bottom pane ;)

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
06-01-10, 12:26 AM

Yes, Brad was first car up. i was there just after i got the super 30 and rear 44, then they blew up first trip out. REmember the winch bitches, we did same thing for miraz tj

sir_camel
10-01-10, 01:54 PM

Yea bad memory. I uncovered some videos buried on my computer of everyone having a go. I'll see if i can get them uploaded sometime.

Yes, Brad was first car up. i was there just after i got the super 30 and rear 44, then they blew up first trip out. REmember the winch bitches, we did same thing for miraz tj