PDA

View Full Version : Expression of interest Trip to Bylong

Bear
16-12-09, 09:53 AM
Our friendly land owner has called for an expression of interest from financial members of SJC not going to Camp Coff, in a trip to Bylong for easter w/end 02--05/04/2010.
As SJC will not be the only club on the property he needs an idea of numbers.
If you require any further info ring me on 0412 397 264

Bear

Dave
16-12-09, 05:00 PM
I will very uncertainly express interest. Really depends on where the rest of my 'family' are, and whether the Caves to Caves trip gets scheduled for Easter. To be considered!

Definately DO want to get back up there in the cooler months!

Dave

CraigB
16-12-09, 07:03 PM
I would like to do this trip again. Please pencil me in.

CRB

azasjeep
16-12-09, 07:29 PM
Still undecided on camp coffs and if i can stand being around so many jeepers :) so pencil me in will confirm in the next month or so.

sbadman
16-12-09, 08:26 PM
I'm keen to see all the new 'Jeep Traps'.....I mean 'Track Development' :)

Miraz
16-12-09, 08:46 PM
Pencil us in too...

vhdzine
22-12-09, 07:42 PM
I dont think I will hear the end of it if I didnt turn up! You know who would be on the blower to me!
So you better put me down for it...
Yes I agree with Scott - I need to test out these "traps" and my bog hole he has created for me!! We will just remember some sort of gerni gun or high pressure hose attachment this time! :D

V

Maggie
22-12-09, 08:02 PM
I dont think I will hear the end of it if I didnt turn up! You know who would be on the blower to me!
Yes I agree with Scott - I need to test out these "traps" and my bog hole he has created for me!! We will just remember some sort of gerni gun or high pressure hose attachment this time! :D

V
Great to see you back V .. everything OK now?

Maggie

vhdzine
27-12-09, 07:32 PM

V
Great to see you back V .. everything OK now?

Maggie

Hey Maggs,
Yeah everything is on the mend, until next time I go bull at a gate and break it again! Such a sensative little flower I am....NOT!
Hope you had a nice Christmas!!
I am still waiting for Rubis sway bar replacement as I just told Bruce, but it should be done by Easter time!!
Hope all is well with you and Bear!

V

TRBN8R
28-12-09, 08:33 AM
Hi Bear
Please count me in tentatively. Still waiting on the boss to decide on my annual leave application.

Cheers
Mani

TRBN8R
05-01-10, 06:28 PM
Hey Mr Bear

Finally boss approved my annual leave and i will most definitely be able to attend this trip. Please count me and my jeep in the crew.

Cheers
mani

Wolfe
06-01-10, 12:21 AM
So who is going to coffs?

Cpage66
07-01-10, 08:35 AM

*puts hand up...*

Steve F
07-01-10, 08:11 PM

Coffs as well :)

Cheers
Steve

PONYKID
09-01-10, 01:18 AM
How cold will Bylong be in April?

Bear
09-01-10, 10:35 AM
It will be cooler than 45deg daytime temp Jan 09, and warmer than -3deg night time temp June 09

Bruce Kerney
17-01-10, 11:25 PM
Had a few visitors up this weekend, we have a new track..."LyfeLine" its off "Shopping Trolley" ...yes Maggie its been used and named. Thanks to a few mates cutting and clearing track so no scratches...not to bad, hey the Cruiser got up there but a few possible hard loose rocky tracks off of it for the adventurous tp plot "Real tracks" non Cruiser friendly. A casulty was a cut side wall in a 35 inch MTZ , Not happy Jan.....We have another weekend down next weekend to have more planned for the more enthusiastic.

Wolfe
17-01-10, 11:59 PM
Had a few visitors up this weekend, we have a new track..."LyfeLine" its off "Shopping Trolley" ...yes Maggie its been used and named. Thanks to a few mates cutting and clearing track so no scratches...not to bad, hey the Cruiser got up there but a few possible hard loose rocky tracks off of it for the adventurous tp plot "Real tracks" non Cruiser friendly. A casulty was a cut side wall in a 35 inch MTZ , Not happy Jan.....We have another weekend down next weekend to have more planned for the more enthusiastic.

so still nothing a jepney cant conquer :D

Bruce Kerney
18-01-10, 01:00 PM
Just so long as no scratches or punctures to the tyres of you guys , Micheal and Lyfe even rock picked the track so the JKs could make it....................... ;D

sbadman
18-01-10, 03:49 PM
Just so long as no scratches

We're not Nissan and Toyota drivers, we take pride in our bush pin striping ;)

Wolfe
18-01-10, 06:21 PM
Just so long as no scratches

We're not Nissan and Toymota drivers, we take pride in our bush pin striping ;) As long as theres a latte at the end of the trip

fixed

Bruce Kerney
25-01-10, 12:48 PM
A search party has found the other end of one of the tracks..."Lyfe Line" but a bit of a steep gully in between definately NOT Toymota friendly and a seperate small rocky section track but still not the one we are looking for from years ago has been found. Thank goodness for previous property owner with an old dozer. The start of two others found and have mates coming to hopefully cut back for you guys

vhdzine
27-01-10, 06:46 PM
hmmmm I may be out for this trip yet..... stay tuned!

rupicon
28-01-10, 08:29 PM
We will be doing one of the easter trips, Bylong sounds great but Damp coffs is only once a year

Bruce Kerney
01-02-10, 10:42 AM
Have been getting questions what grade tracks are on the block as impression is tracks may too easy and not testing enough.
Being an old working cattle farm you have to understand the existing trails were used to muster cattle, so are easy and not to trying.
However we are discovering old logging tracks that are overgrown, mates are clearing these to have them "Scratchless Drivable", these are harder tracks as these are the ones up the sides of hills used to get millable timber out with a "Timber Skidder" , a big 4x4 tractor, so a few of these old tracks aren't Toyota friendly......"Come on down Diff Locked Jeeps".
If any visitor discovers an old track or wants to put in a new track anywhere while driving around, they get "Naming Rights" to that track.
These tracks lead to the sides of hills where basically anything goes if your vehicle is capable, it's up to you.....
If you have any doubts if it's worth the time, ask Reg, Steve, Scott, Wolfe see what they think, or just come and camp and enjoy the bush with a few beers

Dave
04-02-10, 12:19 PM
Hi Bear,

As we have set a date for Caves to Caves - 13 & 14 March, I will DEFINATELY be coming to Bylong for Easter!

I will drive up on Friday morning, and as I have been before, if there are any first timers that need / want a convoy I am happy to help out. Let me know.

Looking forward to it.

Dave Grime

Maggie
04-02-10, 12:58 PM
Hi Bear,

As we have set a date for Caves to Caves - 13 & 14 March, I will DEFINATELY be coming to Bylong for Easter!

I will drive up on Saturday morning, and as I have been before, if there are any first timers that need / want a convoy I am happy to help out. Let me know.

Looking forward to it.

Dave Grime
That is great Dave, we are going on thursday as Friday is a public holiday being Good Friday. Returning Monday

Dave
04-02-10, 02:02 PM
D'oh,

I forgot all about Good Friday - I will drive up on Friday morning not Saturday.

Dave

Dave
08-02-10, 10:35 AM
Hi Bear (again),

I was talking to Eddy on Sunday - he isn't on the internet yet, but IS interested in coming up to Bylong for Easter.

I'll pass on any info, and we will convoy up together on Good Friday.

Dave.

sbadman
08-02-10, 11:03 AM
Time to start putting a list of attendees and convoys on the first post I think :)

Friday convoy for us!

TRBN8R
08-02-10, 08:58 PM
Hi All

I plan to leave with the convoy leaving on thursday.
Got my leave booked in. Getting stuff for camping together. hope I don't miss any thing.
Looking forward to a good time.

Cheers

Mani

Maggie
08-02-10, 09:27 PM
Hi All

I plan to leave with the convoy leaving on thursday.
Got my leave booked in. Getting stuff for camping together. hope I don't miss any thing.
Looking forward to a good time.

Cheers

Mani

We have experience with people leaving things at home Mani .. somebody will be able to help you out .. you would not believe what some people have left behind but as yet nobody has had to go home to get it.

vhdzine
08-02-10, 09:46 PM
If I am there, I will be convoying on the Thursday!

TRBN8R
08-02-10, 10:11 PM
If I am there, I will be convoying on the Thursday!

Hey V

Welcome back. Fixed ur Rubi. Did Jeep do it under warranty or u had to pay for it.

Mani