PDA

View Full Version : Emaill to Secretary received-CJ5 for sale

Maggie
27-12-09, 10:25 AM
Reply |peterweppner@optusnet.com.au to secretary
show details 9:39 PM (11 hours ago)

Maggie, I have a 1974 CJ5 almost complete and some other parts I would like to get rid of. If you would like to post on your forum for me here are the particulars. Sorry, I don't have any pictures available here in Sydney for you but if you are interested in putting it on your sale forum I can send photos early next week. Information is as follows:

FREE TO A GOOD HOME one 1974 CJ5. Complete with motor and running gear. Has seen better times and hasn't been running for some time (approx 20 odd years) as was acquired as part of a rebuild project. Backyard modified suspension, brakes non-existent and two stage clutch (engaged/disengaged only).

Also one boxed chassis, metal tub and fibre glass front end designed to fit large V8 (Ford Windsor 351 I think) with 4 speed auto gearbox and some other parts.

The CJ5 had been a mud runner on a cotton farm near Boomi in nothern NSW and the chassis, tub and front were apparently related to the Old Man Emu sponsored jeep in the rally Australia in the late 70s/early 80s which never made it back into racing due to a lack of funds. I say apparently as that was what I was told when I picked them up. Your members would be able able to judge better than I on the validity; suffice to say the chassis and tub are solidly built.

I have been forced to store all the items outside for some years now and have been in Sydney with little chance to give a real good idea what rust is in them.

The catch: The items are down the south coast at a place near Cobargo, a town 40 km north of Bega on the Princes highway and whoever is interested would have to pick it up. I will be down there next week and will be able to respond to questions and photos as required. I am selling the place they are kept so that would dictate the length of time available for any interested party to pick them up.

M

azasjeep
27-12-09, 12:04 PM
Ive sent an email fingers crossed :o

Maggie
27-12-09, 12:50 PM
Ive sent an email fingers crossed :o

Hi Aaron .. this is his mobile 0421456525. Good luck.

Maggie.

Hunno
27-12-09, 06:38 PM
Hi Aaron,
Just wondering what you where intrerested in CJ5 or the boxed chassis/tube frame,
as I have a lovely V8 351 & the boxed Chassis/tube frame might be a good jump start to a project.
but you've got in first so I won't tread on toes.
let me know what your plains are we might be able to a Club Run to pick them up.

Chris