PDA

View Full Version : Son of Trials 2010 - 27th-28th Feburary

sbadman
07-01-10, 09:47 PM
Posted on 4WD Action forums

2010 Son of Trials is on again. Mark your diaries for 27 and 28 February for another fun weekend at River Island.

Nissan Patrol 4WD Club NSW & ACT Inc. (http://www.nissanpatrolclub.org/son_of_trials.php) for full details.

It's got my interest :)

casey
08-01-10, 07:58 AM
This is actually a pretty good event, we enjoyed it last year.

However, the camping isn't great - so either time your trip to get there in the morning and leave after the day's events (probably the best option if you can do it), or get there early the previous day for the best spots if you plan to stay overnight.

reyzor
08-01-10, 10:46 AM
in the modifications it says "no AFTERMARKET LOCKERS" does that mean a jk rubi could use them?

Bear
08-01-10, 12:31 PM
Unless they have changed the rules since last year removing the fuse to disable the lockers will sufice

Miraz
08-01-10, 12:38 PM
If the courses are anything like last year, then lockers will not make any difference to you...on most of the courses, they would probably have been detrimental.

Hmm...wonder if I can borrow some 33" tyres from somewhere?

reyzor
08-01-10, 02:43 PM
Aftermarket Diff Locks - if you have them, make sure we have some way of verifying that you CAN NOT use them during the event - we consider them to be cheating and their use results in automatic disqualification (and a good spanking, so there!)

but our diff locks are not after market...surely you can use em then....i know what your saying geoff, just playing devils advocate

Hunno
08-01-10, 02:59 PM
Sounds like a fun way to start I think we'll give it a go. Anyone else in???

Maggie
08-01-10, 03:12 PM
Sounds like a fun way to start I think we'll give it a go. Anyone else in???

Bear and I went down last year to spectate .. it is quite a fun event rather than too challenging. We had a couple of cars participate last year and I think it was that event that Dutchie came second in the hill climb by going the furthest in the hill climb backwards. Casey could confirm that.
A navigator is needed though as there a events such as the mud pit where the navigator has to knock ping pong balls of sticks and then the car goes around again and the balls have to be picked up with long tongs and put back on the sticks. Very entertaining to watch. All events are timed and you have to come in ON TIME, not before and not after.

Maggie.

casey
08-01-10, 03:46 PM
lockers are of no use for most events at this, except possibly for the hill climb.

however they will scrutinize your vehicle on the hill climb, and you will be disqualified for having functional lockers (you need to prove they aren't functional (remove the fuse for them) if you do have them, regardless of if they are aftermarket or factory)

Bear
08-01-10, 03:50 PM
The Rubicon can disable the lockers by removing fuse M3