PDA

View Full Version : Camp Coffs 2010

Steve F
11-01-10, 01:37 PM
With Camp Coffs slowly getting closer can we get an idea of how many people are looking at going along this year. There is a trip to Bylong the same weekend and we need to allocate the equipment we have based on numbers etc. We are looking at taking the club BBQ to Coffs as per usual along with the banner (we want it in Jeep Action again). Other things we normally organise are shelter and tables etc but again it depends on number.

So, post up if you're coming :)

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
14-01-10, 06:10 AM
You know we wouldn't miss it...

glend
14-01-10, 01:45 PM
I'd like to go again but the Desert Trip is my focus this year, and then Jambo in September. Also, as I have told Michael B - I'll wait until they move the camp back to Nana Glen.

Steve F
18-01-10, 12:07 AM
No more? Too early to decide?

Cheers
Steve

casey
18-01-10, 12:12 AM
We'll be off to Japan (finally).

Wolfe
18-01-10, 12:12 PM
I think you'll find a lot of people are going to Byalong (myself included)
Although I had a great time last year,(1) I'm not keen to camp in the sewer overflow again(?)
(2) If it rains then half the tracks are closed up
(3) Very disappointed in the 1/2 time trips

Steve F
18-01-10, 02:04 PM
Thought as much, it's a shame that an event that SJC help start (was initially a meet between SJC and one of the QLD clubs) is not really going to have much in the way of representation this year just a couple of diehards ;)

Last year was an exception to the rule, the fact that it was even on after the flooding up there was a credit to them, sure the trips were shorter etc but at such short notice we couldn't really expect much more. Previous years were nothing like it.

Bylong is pretty much out for me with the kids etc, nothing for Bec to do (who begrudginly goes to the Jeep stuff as it is) and not really suited to a 1 year old so it's off my calendar for any trips in the short/medium term unless the family stay at home.

Cheers
Steve

sbadman
18-01-10, 03:53 PM
I'd love to go to Coffs, but it's a matter of logistics and money for me. The Jeep is drinking too much, and I'm wary of the front end's groan when in 4WD!

coops
24-01-10, 10:20 PM
I'll be heading up, have my old man coming over from NZ and depending on her health the wife and little coops as well.

Wooders
27-01-10, 10:45 AM
I am currently targeting to attend Coffs - but I have a LOT of work to do before I'm ready: :-X
http://www.wooders.com.au/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=114
However Coffs is my current traget......

Wolfe
27-01-10, 11:15 AM
looks good!!! :o

bogged
27-01-10, 11:50 AM
I'm trying to get there in my CJ8, but trying to decide if to go hardtop or topless, among other decisions.

Wolfe
27-01-10, 12:16 PM
not to mention axles ;)

Steve F
27-01-10, 01:25 PM
I'm trying to get there in my CJ8, but trying to decide if to go hardtop or topless, among other decisions.

Go the hardtop, that'll guarantee good weather ;) You know if you don't it'll rain all weekend.

Cheers
Steve

rupicon
28-01-10, 08:41 PM
Damp Coffs sounds good to me ;D

casey
28-01-10, 10:36 PM
I am currently targeting to attend Coffs - but I have a LOT of work to do before I'm ready: :-X

However Coffs is my current traget......

I noticed you didn't say WHICH Coffs ;)

coops
25-02-10, 05:44 PM
So who is going to Camp Coffs - Wooders/Bogged how are those plans coming along?

Rupicon ?

Jaffas
01-03-10, 07:33 PM
I will be there as well :) at Coffs that is... this year... with my umbrella!

Wooders
02-03-10, 01:03 AM
So who is going to Camp Coffs - Wooders/Bogged how are those plans coming along?

Rupicon ?
Bogged is waiting on his new springs/shocks. but asside from that he's got a lot of work ahead getting the engine running and suspension linkages completed.......

Me - been working as hard as I can - usually until the missus complains that it's too late in the evening foir me to operate a grinder ;) but realistcally - not a chance in hell of makeing CC - but I am making great head way lately (well I think so ;)).

rupicon
02-03-10, 09:31 PM
Im grounded this easter,something to do with non jeep projects.BLAH BLAH BLAH

PureCaboose
03-03-10, 10:43 AM
I was planning on coming along, then my Brother went and booked a wedding the following weekend....in Tasmania.......and I am out of work at the moment. Just can't fit in Coffs and a trip to Taswegia in the same month.....2 adults and 4 kids in Tasmania for a week is bloody expensive.....at least I get half price a the buffet as we are all born out of Taswegia.

There is always next year, and perhaps the Jamboree......

Greg

Michelle
05-03-10, 10:56 AM
Adam and I will be there - heading up thurs night

Steve F
05-03-10, 03:39 PM
Some of us are going up Thursday morning, I plan to leave pretty early and try and grab a space for us all, I'll have the SJC banner as well so keep an eye out for it when you get there, I'll also have my camper which is pretty distinctive so look out for that as well.

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album874/100_7008.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
05-03-10, 04:17 PM
Looks like we'll be heading up Thursday night and stopping about halfway. Continuing on early Friday morning. Looks like three adults and three teenagers this year.

Pura Vida
08-03-10, 02:09 PM
I’m thinking about coming to Coffs Harbour Sunday-Monday with some other friends and think it’d be cool to come along for some 4wd tracks on Sunday/Monday.

Are there any details for the trip? (is there a link where they’re posted)
Where is the campsite? (name/location)
What is the plan for 4wd tracks? (specifically Sunday/Monday)

Chau,

Ben

Pura Vida
08-03-10, 03:15 PM
So google tells me that camp coffs will be held at the Coffs Harbour Showgrounds over easter weekend and I’m guessing people will camp at Harbour City Holiday Park next door. It appears that Jeep Action Magazine is hosting the event, but their website just has a registration form and no actual details.

So what happens inside the showgrounds? I’d like to go on some 4x4 tracks but I assume they’re outside. Do they run trips during the day to 4x4 tracks in the area? Are the tracks too packed to get on that weekend?

Is there a link that describes the event?

Ben

Steve F
08-03-10, 04:16 PM
Camping is at the showground itself and all the action off the tracks will be there. To get on the trips you need to register for a day pass or two if you're not going the whole weekend. A full weekend pass includes the camping at the showground the day pass doesn't. Once you get up there you put your name down for the trip you would like to do the following day, typically we generally try and get all club members on the same trip or across a couple depending on numbers and trip grades etc so if you decide to come up for a day or two and we know we'll stick your name on the trips with the rest of us. All the tracks are in the bush surrounding coffs and are lead by the coffs coast jeepers who run camp coffs with Jeep Action. No problems getting on the tracks, it's not like Sydney there is plenty of room and several trips to choose from. Hope that helps. As an aside a lot of people pack up on the Monday and head back home so there are less trips and less Jeepers left, the Sunday would be a better day to go on a trip so you'd want to be up there early to make sure you dont miss them. Most of us go from Thursday sometime to Monday lunch or something like that.

Cheers
Steve

Jaffas
08-03-10, 04:30 PM
Some of us are going up Thursday morning, I plan to leave pretty early and try and grab a space for us all, I'll have the SJC banner as well so keep an eye out for it when you get there, I'll also have my camper which is pretty distinctive so look out for that as well.

Cheers
Steve

Talking of the banner, are we going to take 1 of the SJC tent shelters as well?? I think it would be good for a gathering area... more shelter to scare the wet stuff away!

Pura Vida
08-03-10, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info Steve. I’m 80% sure I’ll come and buy day passes for Sunday and Monday trips. Since I’m only there for two nights, I’ll probably hang around the showgrounds/holiday park but sleep somewhere else since it’s a $95 flat rate per person camping. When you guys sign up for the trips, put me down to join you guys on Sunday (and Monday if any of you are still around) as long as the difficulty isn’t too extreme.

Pura Vida
10-03-10, 03:30 PM
Make that 100% in for Sunday/Monday trips. I'll be staying outside the campground but near by.

Steve F
16-03-10, 12:56 PM
My Jeep is almost ready to go, cant wait :) Over the last few days I've sorted out some odd creaking noises (turns out it was the diff end of the panhard being slightly loose), sorted out some shocking death wobbles and fixed my door locks so the remote opens them again :) There's still lots of things I'd like to do like gears, replace the rear diff and lockers but I wont have time :(

Everyone else ready to go?

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
16-03-10, 02:07 PM
New Radiator....check
All fluids changed....check
New steering stabilizer....check
A/C recharge....check
New tie rod...delivered this morning
New front end bushings....check
New rock lights....also delivered this morning.

Almost ready for Coffs!!!!

Steve F
16-03-10, 04:55 PM
I need an A/C recharge as well but might have to give it a miss, too many other things to spend cash on. Also have an awning for the camper turning up tomorrow, attaches to sail track I'm mounting on the roof and tailgate. Charged up the battery in the camper, charged up the batteries in the Jeep etc. Oh, and the doors have stopped unlocking again!!! Looks like it's back to the key unless I have time to pull the door panel off again.

Cheers
Steve

Pura Vida
16-03-10, 09:50 PM
Everyone else ready to go?

How many people are coming? Is there a trip list?

Steve F
16-03-10, 10:11 PM
I think we have 6 or so vehicles from SJC this year (including yourself), but in total there will be around 170 Jeeps. Trips don't get posted until the event starts.

Cheers
Steve

Jaffas
17-03-10, 06:20 PM
Just have to get the new tyres fitted, then clean out the Jeep so I can fit the camping gear in and we will be ready!!
Can't wait to test the new MTR's out!

We should be up there thursday arvo, hopefully before the sun sets so we can set up camp in the light!

Steve F
17-03-10, 08:40 PM
Just have to get the new tyres fitted, then clean out the Jeep so I can fit the camping gear in and we will be ready!!
Can't wait to test the new MTR's out!

We should be up there thursday arvo, hopefully before the sun sets so we can set up camp in the light!

We'll be there around lunch on Thursday so we'll grab a spot for us all. We're leaving home on Wednesday night and going to Harrington and then on to Coffs in the morning. I'll have a DVD for you as well Jaffas if I dont post it before then.

Cheers
Steve

coops
22-03-10, 04:08 PM
I am looking to leave thursday lunch time so see you there thursday evening.....

Cpage66
22-03-10, 05:41 PM
We'll be leaving Thurday evening and stopping in Taree for the night. Coffs Friday morn.

coops
06-04-10, 11:04 AM
Well that was an awesome event!!!

Callum wouldn't stop talking (just for something new!!!) about emily and throwing Frisbees and everyone driving up the big hills!!

I think my father died and went to heaven, with so many jeeps in the same place...Now how to i work it so that he will finally fix the MB and ship it over for me to "look after" in between Camp Coff events....

Great trips, great people and well orgainised event. Booking in leave for next year so that i dont have to deal with that Buladelah traffic again but we left early 8ish and pulled in the driveway by 2pm so not too bad.

Will post pics later tonight, got some good ones of Geoff on Widowmaker and Adam with all 4 tyres smoking!!!

Cheers
Coops

Jaffas
06-04-10, 11:46 AM
Well that was an awesome event!!!
Will post pics later tonight, got some good ones of Geoff on Widowmaker and Adam with all 4 tyres smoking!!!

Agreed Coops, a great weekend away!
Thanks to everyone for making it such an enjoyable trip, Coffs is really one of my favourite jeep events!

Looking forward to the pics!

Steve F
06-04-10, 03:40 PM
Just got home myself, no traffic today so a nice easy run. Got to say the Moderate+ run on Saturday was a great trip. Camping up the back with all that room and great weather made it a great venue too, I've booked in my leave for Jambo now and will book in next Easter again soon. I've got a few pics that I'll post up soon.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
06-04-10, 04:40 PM
Ok, just a few pics.

Adam, showing his approval for Camp Coffs

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Coffs-2010/IMG_2590.sized.jpg

Me, Adam and Jaffas in a photo line up.

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Coffs-2010/IMG_2593.sized.jpg

Coops on a Moderate+ run, the track looks easier than it was

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Coffs-2010/IMG_2598.sized.jpg

Adam managed to mash a mirror and dent a door on the same run, looks like he wasn't the first

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Coffs-2010/IMG_2600.sized.jpg

Steve F
06-04-10, 04:41 PM
Jaffas running up Widowmaker on a moderate run

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Coffs-2010/IMG_2584.sized.jpg

Chris kicking back on Friday

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Coffs-2010/IMG_2610.sized.jpg

Callum and Emily after the Jeep Easter Bunny came to our campsite

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Coffs-2010/IMG_2620.sized.jpg

And Camp SJC, lots more room than last year.

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Coffs-2010/IMG_2606.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

VIN18U
06-04-10, 06:23 PM
thank god you all didnt get the crazy rain like we did last year.

Camp Coffs is a great event and i was shitty i had to miss it this year. the jeep is fixed again (finally after it broke in November 2009 yes thats 2009 i wrote) so hopefully will be there next year.

Keep the pic's coming, looking good so far.

Cpage66
06-04-10, 09:25 PM
Great shot of the Widowmaker...and beware of "THE SHOCKER"!!!

coops
07-04-10, 01:04 PM
No the mirror was already like that Steve....thats right isnt it adam......

coops
07-04-10, 01:06 PM
Highlights for me was Saturdays Mod + run, i think that was the best fun i have had on a trip challenging but not stupid, the tracks are awesome and i cant wait to get back up there and do some more......

casey
17-04-10, 07:12 PM
thread needs more pics.